• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool OMT ***

-----------------------Lloris-------------------------
Walker------Dawson-----------Vertonghen-----Ekotto
---------------Parker--------Dembele----------------
------Holtby---------Bale--------------Siggurdsson---
----------------------Ade---------------------------

A few options though, IF Lennon is out. I hope not. But could play Ade and Defoe up top. Think Ade's height could help. Defoe to come off the bench and win the game for us. I don't mind either Adebayor or Defoe right now.

----------------------Defoe---------------------------

I know the injury to Lennon is unfortunate, but it highlights the fact that we should have got cover for him. Could have done with Townsend in the absence of Lennon. Anyway.... I have a bad feeling about this game, but I also had bad feelings about West Ham, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Arsenal. Not a disaster if we lose on Sunday. But the way Bale is playing at the moment, I'm confident we can beat anybody.

We will get a result.
Once again we're being written off for a variety of reasons by the general media. Suddenly Liverpool are brilliant! They have dispatched average teams extremely well in the last 5 games, but we will know what we have to do.
The key will be defence. I'm interested to see if Dawson and Caulker come in. I frankly feel this is one game where Verts alongside one of them is really important BUT the lad has played a lot in the last 10 days, so...glad I'm not the manager LOL!!!!!
But we will be fine IMHO.

----------------------Defoe---------------------------

I know the injury to Lennon is unfortunate, but it highlights the fact that we should have got cover for him. Could have done with Townsend in the absence of Lennon. Anyway.... I have a bad feeling about this game, but I also had bad feelings about West Ham, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Arsenal. Not a disaster if we lose on Sunday. But the way Bale is playing at the moment, I'm confident we can beat anybody.

At the moment mate he's not good enough IMO. Great lad, great speed but poor decision making and doesn't have the covering nous.

:)...exactly how i feel.

:)...exactly how i feel.

As spurs fans try not to buy into the media poo poo swilling around at the moment - Everyone agrees to the point of finality that our fantastic run must come to an end......how dare spurs go on such an impressive run they are due a defeat blah blah blah-berty blah!

Well fellow y##s to Dare is to do.

In terms of our busy week try and look at the positives 1.confidence gained from 2 big wins 2. players should be sharp and match fit.
The first 20 mins in this game will be huge mark my words! ok maybe dont but I think we might be that little bit sharper than they are in the early stages - I think our best chance is to go hell for leather in the first 30 mins and try and get some goals - if we do we can switch to counter - attacking mode and the defence can drop back.

Try and be positive spurs fans sig is playing well - we have fantastic spirit and confidence and we have a certain welshman.

THERE IS NO REASON WE CANT WIN THIS AND FURTHER DEFLATE our rivals - we have to seize the moment - we have to believe we are spurs!

So lets blitzcrieg (cant remember spelling from history lessons years ago) them and then sit and pick them off.

COME ON YOU AVB COME ON YOU SPURS FANS COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!!!!!

As spurs fans try not to buy into the media poo poo swilling around at the moment - Everyone agrees to the point of finality that our fantastic run must come to an end......how dare spurs go on such an impressive run they are due a defeat blah blah blah-berty blah!

Well fellow y##s to Dare is to do.

In terms of our busy week try and look at the positives 1.confidence gained from 2 big wins 2. players should be sharp and match fit.
The first 20 mins in this game will be huge mark my words! ok maybe dont but I think we might be that little bit sharper than they are in the early stages - I think our best chance is to go hell for leather in the first 30 mins and try and get some goals - if we do we can switch to counter - attacking mode and the defence can drop back.

Try and be positive spurs fans sig is playing well - we have fantastic spirit and confidence and we have a certain welshman.

THERE IS NO REASON WE CANT WIN THIS AND FURTHER DEFLATE our rivals - we have to seize the moment - we have to believe we are spurs!

So lets blitzcrieg (cant remember spelling from history lessons years ago) them and then sit and pick them off.

COME ON YOU AVB COME ON YOU SPURS FANS COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!!!!!

=D> fair enough mate...but having lived through the turgid 90's...aside from the brilliance of Gazza & Ginola...pessimism is in my spurs dna :)

Anything confirmed on Lennon? I haven't seen anything in the news. It looked like a tweak and he walked down the tunnel OK so I think he might be ok?

________________Lloris__________________
Walker____Dawson_____Verts___________BAE
________Dembele_______Parker___________
__Holtby_________Siggy____________Bale__
_________________Ade__________________

Going with Ade over Defoe to start, mainly as I think Defoe is a better option coming off the bench if we are behind or drawing. The front attack is interchangeable but we start off with Bale wide. The beauty of the three of them is that they are comfortable in all three positions.

I'm wondering if AVB might pull a few surprise selections out due to our EL game this week. He's done so before and I like that he tries to mix it up and give squad players playing time. Could see any of Naughton, Caulker, Gallas, Livermore or Thudd come in.

Anyone know how long Dempsey is out for?

David Brent's off again, this time 'defending' Suarez (I was unaware he'd done anything this week) and saying Bale gets off easier (4 bookings this season for allegedly diving versus one for the twinkle-toed rat face)...is this his attempt at mind-games? Prick! I hope he's left sputtering about 'being the better side' again on Sunday after another defeat, the fudging clown!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/mar/08/luis-suarez-gareth-bale-brendan-rodgershttp://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/mar/08/luis-suarez-gareth-bale-brendan-rodgers

EDIT: And here's another, this time Des Kelly in the Daily Mail...the irony of Kelly crying 'racism' when he works for that brick-stain of a publication is not lost on me. How strange though, on top of all the other Bale-bashing editorials the last 48 hours. You don't think the referee is going to be (shock horror) INFLUENCED do you? It's all gonad*s, all of it. Just let the pair of them fudging PLAY FOOTBALL!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2290379/Gareth-Bale-diver--stop-excuses-Why-Luis-Suarez-cheat--DES-KELLY.html

I want us to kill these fudgers.

I am praying so much to beat these ****s. I want us not to beat them but demolish those fudgers.

It fills me with so much gratification when we beat them - its like a feeling of calmness and serenity. KILL THEM

SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I don't think I have reputation for being an Ade hater or anything, I was very excited and happy to have him when he first arrived, and he did very very well.

And I was happy we made the move permanent and was hoping for him to have a successful season.

I do understand that certain things haven't worked out for him which may have halted his ability to play his football but it is shocking, no doubt about it. Unless he is busting a gut to impress in training I wouldn't even have him in the squad, you have to earn the chance to wear the Tottenham shirt, it is an honour that us mere observers can only dream of, and he is currently taking the tinkle.

Pretty much sums up how I feel. I was ecstatic when I heard we might have done a deal to keep him at an affordable price. But now, of all the Spurs players to get excited about, he's probably bottom of my list.

As I think someone else said, the result of this game will be put into context by the Fulham result.

If we draw against Pool then beat Fulham, then that's a nice little run maintained; averaging 4 ppg will do nicely.

I'd actually take a draw and would reasonably satisfied. I just wonder about the mental strain of having payed so many big games recently and being able to adapt to the differing opposition and tactics. I thought our concentration wavered a little bit against Inter but that might been because it was so easy.

Lets hope that AVB has them fully focused and we're as fit as can be. We have a good record against this lot in recent years so I hope that normal service continues.

Back