• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool OMT ***

Not saying he's been great, but he's still my preferred choice for the lone striker role and a Defoe/Ade partnership is definitely not an option IMO. Those were some of our worst matches this season.

There's no way i'd start Ade over Defoe. Defoe showed us last night what having a striker in the team can bring. His old faults were there; not releasing the ball at the right time, not quite clinical enough etc but he was 1000 times more productive than Ade has been at any point this season.

I'd be shocked if Ade starts on Sunday.

It happens in every match if you actually pay attention.

I'm not referring to Neville's little tablet, spare me that pseudo-intellectual link

His hold up play and general link-up as an outlet has been non-existent lately - do you have some examples which showcase the contrary?

We can have Livermore upfront making runs, dragging defenders with him because that is what defenders do - they mark whoever is upfront. They'll even mark one of the specators if he put on a shirt and stood upfront. He has contributed nothing for weeks now - nothing.

Defoe, for all his greedy play last night and attorcious decision making created more 4-5 clear goal-scoring opportunites/shots than Ade has since January

Last edited:
Yeah it's funny people trying to talk Ade up for making standard runs :lol:

It's beyond straw-man actually and rather amusing - you would also find those are some of Defoe's biggest critics which makes the correlation somewhat predictable. Especially when in the same breath they start mounting the moral high-horse on not having prejudice on our players, we shouldn't have preconcieved ideas, etc. Give me strength!

Don't get me wrong - head-to-head (on form) Ade offers considerably more than JD as an outlet and is the closest we've to to replacing Berba 6 years later but his current form is shockingly brick. So to suggest he must get the nod ahead of Defoe (based on his Inter performance) is absolute and utter mistery

Last edited:
2_315.jpeg

statswise, both teams don't differ much

I think the striker's job depends on the tactics employed and the other players. He doesn't have to spend the entire match inside the box waiting for crosses. It's a collective effort from all the attacking players. If you go into a match expecting players to be doing certain things regardless of what type of players they are or how the team is set up, chances are you'll end up disappointed in some of them.

I don't expect much from Defoe, but it's still infuriating watching him blast it into the stands when there are good options available to him.

Ok I agree it's a collective effort, but you would expect a striker of a top 4 level club to get more than 2 goals all season. If Lennon only got 2 league goals I'd be disappointed, let alone a striker! All he's done recently is occupy defenders, as Scara said, any of us could offer that, and we'd be far cheaper. Ade isn't winning any headers, holding the ball up, scoring, assisting or doing anything of note.

And last night proved Defoe and Bale can play together.

On current form, you'd honestly still start Ade?

It's beyond straw-man actually and rather amusing - you would also find those are some of Defoe's biggest critics which makes the correlation somewhat predictable. Especially when in the same breath they start mounting the moral high-horse on not having prejudice on our players, we shouldn't have preconcieved ideas, etc. Give me strength!

Don't get me wrong - head-to-head (on form) Ade offers considerably more than JD as an outlet and is the closest we've to to replacing Berba 6 years later but his current form is shockingly brick. So to suggest he must get the nod ahead of Defoe (based on his Inter performance) is absolute and utter mistery

Very good post

Heart says 1-1 Head says 2-0 to Liverpool

Just think the extra rest for Liverpool will make a massive difference.

A point would be a big bonus, a win would be massive if we could pull it off

Who would you all prefer played on the right if Lennon misses out?

or would you prefer we crowded midfield and had a 3 of Parker/Holtby/Dembele and have Siggy/Bale and one of Defoe/Ade all interchanging up top and having Ekotto and Walker providing proper width?

Who would you all prefer played on the right if Lennon misses out?

or would you prefer we crowded midfield and had a 3 of Parker/Holtby/Dembele and have Siggy/Bale and one of Defoe/Ade all interchanging up top and having Ekotto and Walker providing proper width?

I would play Holtby and Siggy wide and stick with the 4-2-3-1 formation. Would mean that we risk being quite narrow but as Liverpool play with 3 CMs thats not a disaster and Walker and Benny can provide proper width going forwards. I would take a point on Sunday - not because I think they're any good, more because we've had plenty of games recently so we're bound to be more fatigued than them. I actually think its more important that we play well at home to Fulham than on Sunday as Fulham at home is a must-win

Exactly this.

Ok I agree it's a collective effort, but you would expect a striker of a top 4 level club to get more than 2 goals all season. If Lennon only got 2 league goals I'd be disappointed, let alone a striker! All he's done recently is occupy defenders, as Scara said, any of us could offer that, and we'd be far cheaper. Ade isn't winning any headers, holding the ball up, scoring, assisting or doing anything of note.

And last night proved Defoe and Bale can play together.

On current form, you'd honestly still start Ade?

agree 100%. Surely no-one would start Ade ahead of Defoe on Sunday?

agree 100%. Surely no-one would start Ade ahead of Defoe on Sunday?

I don't think I have reputation for being an Ade hater or anything, I was very excited and happy to have him when he first arrived, and he did very very well.

And I was happy we made the move permanent and was hoping for him to have a successful season.

I do understand that certain things haven't worked out for him which may have halted his ability to play his football but it is shocking, no doubt about it. Unless he is busting a gut to impress in training I wouldn't even have him in the squad, you have to earn the chance to wear the Tottenham shirt, it is an honour that us mere observers can only dream of, and he is currently taking the tinkle.

I think the Scum are a significantly better team that Pool, Pool for me is the perfect example of what happens if you give a mid table team a couple of good strikers (and have one of those strikers go on a hot streak).

We play well away from home, in form, think we will do well.

This is a really interesting fixture. Liverpool will come flying out of the blocks and really try to tear into us which could really work in our favour unless they do something similar to what we did to Arsenal. If they score early and get a couple in succession then it is virtually game over but the longer we contain them then I can see them trying to go for it a tad too much which could leave us the chance to counter them and get at a pretty pedestrian back line and out of form keeper.

I would take a draw now if it were offered if for no other reason than to keep our unbeaten league run going and tick another tough game off the calender but I feel that we could potentially win this if we soak it up and look to be clever.

Going to sit on the fence though and go for 2-2.

I do think liverscum will win simply because I think theyre fresher than us not because theyre neccessarily better.

Also its all set up for those ****s

However if we beat them im gonna sit in a helicopter and tinkle all over those ****s

Back