• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool OMT***

Agreed! Bingo!

...except I think they've over-played their already shaky hand. The PGMOL are staffed by human beings, and at a certain point, they will turn on this sort of brick.
Exactly. It's not just Spurs fans, it's now everyone (including PGMOL) other than scousers thinking 'Who the hell do these clowns think they are?'

Is it just me or, in light of Liverpool's shenanigans and whinging this week, does the saying "this means more" now finally have some actual meaning.

Three points have never tasted sweeter.

Agreed! Bingo!

...except I think they've over-played their already shaky hand. The PGMOL are staffed by human beings, and at a certain point, they will turn on this sort of brick.

Steff, I know you're a reasonable fella and you have always defended Liverpool on here when people like me have shown an intense dislike/hatred for them. And the point that you can't ascribe characteristics to an entire fan base like we sometimes do is well made.

But even you can surely see that there is a ring of truth in the reasons why people dislike Liverpool through the club's horrible statement, the manager's shenanigans yesterday and the fans through their reaction and conspiracy theories over the last 5 days.

Steff, I know you're a reasonable fella and you have always defended Liverpool on here when people like me have shown an intense dislike/hatred for them. And the point that you can't ascribe characteristics to an entire fan base like we sometimes do is well made.

But even you can surely see that there is a ring of truth in the reasons why people dislike Liverpool through the club's horrible statement, the manager's shenanigans yesterday and the fans through their reaction and conspiracy theories over the last 5 days.
And seemingly sweeping their fans racist abuse of Udogie under the carpet within a nothing statement, accepting no blame.

And seemingly sweeping their fans racist abuse of Udogie under the carpet within a nothing statement, accepting no blame.

That, for me, was the most shameful thing they did this week and I can't believe more wasn't made of it.

It's subtle, in that most people won't cop it, but they refuse to acknowledge responsibility or the possibility that the abuse could have originated from their fan base when most clubs, including us, will explicitly say that any fan found guilty will suffer consequences. The attitude of "admit nothing and protect our own at all costs" runs right through Liverpool Football Club.

For me to answer the question I think you're asking mate requires a change in how I view life. I try to take a dialectic view to most things these days. So, taking that approach here, my conclusion is that yes, there have been some highly egregious reactions from the club and their fans, and yes, I can see why that would further fuel people who already have a deep dislike of that club. However, I also don't think these reactions necessarily reflect every single LFC supporter or even employee.

I personally will never take the internet as a blanket representation of anything mate. It's mostly noise (we're part of it hahahaha)...I think, in this case, there is a dialectic truth. The over-reactions to this incident, particularly coming from the club, are very, very poor indeed. What I will say is they strike me as exceptionally strategic/designed to gain future advantages. I think their online fanbase is one of the whackiest, most entitled, and arrogant around. I have always found -in my personal experience of many trips to Anfield- their match-going fans to be far more reasonable. Obviously there are tossers, but we have those too.

In short, I think this week certainly moved the needle on my 'balance' closer to those who have a pathological hatred of Liverpool, but I simply can't go there. Even with Klopp, as absolutely tossy as his presser yesterday or whenever was, I can see he is trying to con/manipulate the PGMOL both now and in the future. I'd still like to have a pint or two with him, because comes across as really good company!!!!

For me to answer the question I think you're asking mate requires a change in how I view life. I try to take a dialectic view to most things these days. So, taking that approach here, my conclusion is that yes, there have been some highly egregious reactions from the club and their fans, and yes, I can see why that would further fuel people who already have a deep dislike of that club. However, I also don't think these reactions necessarily reflect every single LFC supporter or even employee.

I personally will never take the internet as a blanket representation of anything mate. It's mostly noise (we're part of it hahahaha)...I think, in this case, there is a dialectic truth. The over-reactions to this incident, particularly coming from the club, are very, very poor indeed. What I will say is they strike me as exceptionally strategic/designed to gain future advantages. I think their online fanbase is one of the whackiest, most entitled, and arrogant around. I have always found -in my personal experience of many trips to Anfield- their match-going fans to be far more reasonable. Obviously there are tossers, but we have those too.

In short, I think this week certainly moved the needle on my 'balance' closer to those who have a pathological hatred of Liverpool, but I simply can't go there. Even with Klopp, as absolutely tossy as his presser yesterday or whenever was, I can see he is trying to con/manipulate the PGMOL both now and in the future. I'd still like to have a pint or two with him, because comes across as really good company!!!!
Nail on head!

Back