• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Fulham OMT***

Seeing the midfield in the second half leaves me concerned about January when Biss and Sarr depart for AFCON.

I know Bentancur will be back but I’ve said before and will again. There’s alot of expectation on him. Will take him a while to get back to his highs if at all.

Great to have Hojbjerg as an option. Hopefully Bentancur is fully back to his best when AFCON starts.

Though that period would make us much more vulnerable to injuries. But Hojbjerg and Bentancur for Bissouma and Sarr... If Bentancur is back to his best that's not necessarily a downgrade on the whole even if Hojbjerg for Bissouma is a downgrade.

Thoughts from the game (got back in too late last night)

- Not one of our better games this season, agree with Ange, without the ball we were decent, with the ball not so much

Highlights

- Vicario, Romero, VDV, Maddison & Son, all had moments that big players do
- Still admire Ange be willing to sub Son & Maddison, sends a message of trust to squad, and will protect them just that little bit more

Ok's

- PEH did a job, Richi worked his nuts off, got an assist but had some poor moments
- Royal struggled a bit but pass for me with lack of game time and playing on the wrong side (came in for Udogie instead of Porro), similar with GLC, was looking for a pass but not enough options
- Veliz made some decent runs, one almost came off for him.

Poor

- Skipp, similar to others in some allowances for time out, but way off the pace, got caught in no man's land badly at least twice. Looked easily worst player on pitch
- Johnson, off the pace, when he got the ball wasn't willing to go at his man, similar re allowances
- Team, just a little disjointed, a little untidy, a little slow
- Crowd, a few moments but worst atmosphere for season imo, wet Monday night, all seats around me were non regulars, lots of American tourists and Fulham fans in Spurs section.

Said it earlier, was a get it done game, and we did but Ange is right, long way to go.

The only one we can't do without, is Postecoglou. People said we'd miss Bentancur, but here we are. Likewise Kane.

I was referring to how VdV's blistering pace (and way above average for age read of the game) is gold dust in modern football. Of course we'd find a way, but it would require a compromise of what we're doing now IMO...

Went into the 1882, then stood above the atrium as watched the singing and then had one last walk round.
Was awesome, that stadium is absolutely fantastic, even having been in for the dare walk, heard all the media and fan reports I still wasn't prepared for how good it was.
Walking out to our seat, the first sight of the pitch, the crowd, the stands will stay with me for a long time.
#Levyin

Very good first half. Deserved the win.

Thought second half we were very sloppy and got away with a few. If I was Ange, they’d be getting a gonad*ing for it.

Pick of the bunch were Vicario, VdV, Romero, PEH, Sonny and Maddison for me.

How many times in the last 4 seasons could anyone write that 6 players had a good game?

I just felt Hoj was largely playing backwards more than I would’ve liked. I’d be interested to understand if that’s my bias or whether the data bears that out.

It’s not to say that he didn’t do some useful stuff, it’s just the difference between him and Biss, and therefore how we played, was stark.

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised by that.

I just felt Hoj was largely playing backwards more than I would’ve liked. I’d be interested to understand if that’s my bias or whether the data bears that out.

It’s not to say that he didn’t do some useful stuff, it’s just the difference between him and Biss, and therefore how we played, was stark.

PEH was ok, it's just that Biss has been brilliant so far this season. There is a huge gulf in their ability to play through a press and progress the ball forward.

Him and Sarr slowed our passing down quite a bit, I thought.

That said, both played some really nice passes when given time on that ball. It just wasn't our usual, smooth transition. Neither were helped by the fact that Fulham refused to be pulled out of shape too.

Him and Sarr slowed our passing down quite a bit, I thought.

That said, both played some really nice passes when given time on that ball. It just wasn't our usual, smooth transition. Neither were helped by the fact that Fulham refused to be pulled out of shape too.

When you break that midfield line the games changes completely and opponents defence are vulnerable, Ardiles was the master at that type of burst from midfield.

Thought Hojbjerg did well. As scara points out, when given time on the ball he's a rather good passer.

In those situations he's arguably a better passer than Bissouma. But Bissouma does so much better under real pressure through dribbling and keeping the ball. With both Bentancur and Bissouma out of the team that becomes an issue imo. But less so against Fulham who mostly gave our midfielders enough time on the ball.

Also Maddison kept coming deep quite a bit compensate, that also helped.

I was wondering who would inherit the Winks/Dier/Sanchez-role, and it seems it starts to crystalize itself in this thread, at least..

Yesterday was decent. Brilliant in patches, sluggish and sloppy in other patches. The end result absolutely perfect, bar any injuries that might pop up.

So PEH is being called out for not being Bissouma. Not a lot of players are Bissouma.. We've waited years for Bissouma to replace the big, Dembele-shaped hole in our squad, and people are already moaning that we don't have two of him...
As for Skipp and Lo Celso, they did a job. By no means were they on par with the players they replaced, but they did the job. And they were thrown into a rather frantic game where Fulham were stepping up the physical side, and they dealt with it.

First and foremost I think yesterday showed that certain improvements are to be expected in the window, however, as PEH goes, if we had been "full strenght" he would probably have been the one coming on when Sarr went off, to stabilize and see out the game, and not having him available (since he was already on the pitch, in a different role) showed what we'll miss if he is allowed to leave without a proper replacement. So go ahead, boo-boys, start your magic and make the team weaker, by all means.

I don't know what is more pleasing being unbeaten and top of league or the anguish it is causing all the haters, I would love a pound for everytime I read or hear we ain't going to win anything it is eating away at their souls if they have any.

I don't know what is more pleasing being unbeaten and top of league or the anguish it is causing all the haters, I would love a pound for everytime I read or hear we ain't going to win anything it is eating away at their souls if they have any.

When do we start playing any good sides? Liverpool and Arsenal aside, everyone we've played is apparently rubbish. They on the other hand play top six contenders every week.

Back