• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Fulham OMT***

Don't agree based on what I saw this second half. That midfield trio performed poorly. They looked lost and confused.
He showed glimpses. When you come back from an injury and sit on the bench for weeks it is hard to knock it out of the park în your first match. From what I have seen he has the same manner of carrying the ball as Maddison, the same I saw at Eriksen. That is how technically gifted players run with the ball at their feet. I see he has decent speed too and nice breaks. Apart from injuries, from what I remember, his finishing/number of goals scored, wasn't great. But now if he plays further up the field than before(AM instead of CM) maybe he can be more productive. He might be a poor man's Maddison, but that is a good bench player to have.

I've got very little confidence in Lo Celso, but I'm sure he'd look better if he had Bissouma and Sarr/Bentancur behind him, instead of Højbjerg and Skipp. Also, the nature of the game didn't allow him into the game.
Then again, you'd be hoping that he was the player to try and get control of the game, but he didn't, which I kind of expected, but still disappointing.
He’s rubbish, slow, weak and horribly one footed, I’d rather a youth player was in there,

I think the one player we absolutely cannot do without right now is MVdV. His pace allows us to be adventurous in the way we are. He is utterly irreplaceable at this moment. I think it'll be hard to find anyone close to him as a switch option. Of course we can make it work, and might have to, however the point stands that his pace and read of the game is allowing us the extra 20% if adventure and intent.

I think the one player we absolutely cannot do without right now is MVdV. His pace allows us to be adventurous in the way we are. He is utterly irreplaceable at this moment. I think it'll be hard to find anyone close to him as a switch option. Of course we can make it work, and might have to, however the point stands that his pace and read of the game is allowing us the extra 20% if adventure and intent.
Not sure we have anyone who do anything like Maddison either.

Thought we were sloppy even before the subs to be honest. From pretty much the start of the second half, we looked poor.

Wasn’t too happy with the subs either. Pulling Son, Richy and Maddison together was risky IMO.

Maybe a sensible precaution to keep them all fit since we have to play again Friday night at Palace. Ange would know what the players' telemetry is saying about distances run at that stage of the game and what percentage of those were sprints. And all three of them were very busy and involved. It's certainly consistent with his approach to subs so far this season.

The subs look very much a planned move, rather than the random farces we have had in the past, there will be a drop in performance when you take any of your starters off the blokes coming on are on the bench for a reason, we are still building a squad and I would expect 2 or 3 of the subs tonight to be gone by the end of the season and replaced by upgrades.

Still buzzing.
Just back to the hotel, man I'm knackered.
Poor wife has walked 22k today, but she loved the experience.

Did you go to the big bar and stay after game? We went into Spurs store and those Koreans were buying the place up, I reckon we sell more Son shirts than the rest of the team put together.

Did you go to the big bar and stay after game? We went into Spurs store and those Koreans were buying the place up, I reckon we sell more Son shirts than the rest of the team put together.

I can confirm that Sonny is responsible for over 50%. This was quoted to me last season when Kane was still around!

For me personally since the New Year it has been an unbelievable transition from feeling completely apathetic about Spurs, to beginning to believe we are on the right track, to beginning to believe we can achieve anything.

I am absolutely over the moon that we have managed to ascend so convincingly to where we are at.

I only hope the players have bigger balls than I do. Each win brings joy but simultaneously increases my anxiety levels.

Seeing the midfield in the second half leaves me concerned about January when Biss and Sarr depart for AFCON.

I know Bentancur will be back but I’ve said before and will again. There’s alot of expectation on him. Will take him a while to get back to his highs if at all.

That was an easy 80 mins, the last 10 plus injury time was a bit sweaty but overall I thought we could have been out of sight.

Our first 11 is a really good side, with our subs we seem to go off the boil a bit, not sure if that is down to the quality of the subs, the subs struggling to get up to the pace of the game or if we were just cruising and we got a bit slack.

It would be nice to go into the weekend with a 5pt lead, but I am not taking anything for granted. If 42 years of supporting Tottenham has taught me anything its not to get too confident!
To be fair, I think specific to this game we had a few players missing so our subs bench looked pretty weak (I acknowledge injuries are part of the game). All being well, Solomon, Bentancur, Sess, Bissouma would be in the squad and our subs bench looks pretty strong.

As @thfcsteff has referenced, it's a couple of key positions where if we lose the player the collective is so much weaker. VDV is definitely one, and as we see when Maddison gets taken off we are unsurprisingly nowhere near the same level. Had Maddison still been on when bought the other subs on I bet they all would have looked better. We have pretty good backups in most areas, but if we could somehow get like for like replacements for Maddison and VDV (likely not the same level but same skill set) then we really would be cooking. We all knew our issues wasn't going to be fixed in one window, and this is probably the main focus for the next window or two. Not easy to find of course, but with Paratici and co I have confidence we can find the right players....

It legit might just be my TV speakers on the hearing the crowd point, plus as you say on the Monday/ Fulham thing does make a difference. I'm not usually one to moan at the crowd but there'll be times when the player's need a boost from them so ideally they won't just be sitting waiting for amazing things to happen, if that makes sense.

Great performance from all of the starting XI, obviously brilliant to get the 3 points but subs wise it only seemed like Skipp impressed and it seemed like we were trying to let Fulham back in the game. Not trying to be harsh on Veliz / Johnson who are still acclimatizing and didn't have a lot of time to impress.

Edit - I forgot Royal who did look solid apart at LB from losing his man once but he got back and made the block to be fair to him.
Before your post I had been thinking the same thing about the crowd noise, not that there wasn't enough chanting etc but whenever there was cheering or any crowd noise it sounded a lot quieter to me than usual. Couldn't be anything to do with Sky worrying about any Israel/Palestine chanting or something could it? Probably not, but it just didn't sound as loud as it usually does but I'm sure it was electric inside the stadium....

It’s starting to happen, our fans are starting to get a head of themselves, going on talksport claiming we are going to win the league. This is the rise before the fall.

Went into the 1882, then stood above the atrium as watched the singing and then had one last walk round.
Was awesome, that stadium is absolutely fantastic, even having been in for the dare walk, heard all the media and fan reports I still wasn't prepared for how good it was.
Walking out to our seat, the first sight of the pitch, the crowd, the stands will stay with me for a long time.

His pace is just ridiculous and great to see how he just dominates situations that could be really dangerous. To find a replacement that's as quick will be really difficult, if not impossible. But I also think Romero is equally as important right now. I would be just as concerned if we lost him.

Most teams that press high have at least one quick CB and that's important. But it's not the end all be all to have a CB as quick as MVdV to play this way. But we do need another option in January I think.

Back