• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace***OMT ***

I seriously worry for us if we don't make 'proper signings' and the first choice signings poch wants. If we don't reinforce we will fade really really badly

I seriously worry for us if we don't make 'proper signings' and the first choice signings poch wants. If we don't reinforce we will fade really really badly

Out of interest, which first choice players do you think need replacing?

Out of interest, which first choice players do you think need replacing?

I am not LCLC, but in the long run I think we need new center backs. I don't rate any of our current senior center backs. Vertonghen is the best of the lot, but still not good enough. I also think we need new central midfielders. Bentaleb has the potential to become very good, but is still inconsistent, we can't rely on him to put in a top performance every week. Mason and Dembele can be decent squad players. The others we can get rid of. We also need one or two attacking midfielders. Behind Eriksen and Chadli, our options aren't good enough. Lamela might come good, and he might not. Behind these three there are no one, at least as long as Lennon is in the doghouse. Kane can drop back, but for him to do that, we also need a new striker or two.

We brought in back-ups this summer. I was just talking to Pirate55 about this: almost every player we brought in was bought as a back-up, and thus they should be judged based on their intended squad-role as back-ups. And to that extent they've been decent signings for the most part. What we didn't do was bring in quality, the quality Poch asked for and the quality that would have ensured an easier transition for him. Instead, we faffed around making one solitary ten million pound bid for Schneiderlin in the hope that it would trigger some release clause, and then gleefully sodding off when it didn't and we were asked to pay what he was really worth: avoiding spending on the quality additions because we decided to go down the sneaky route and buy the 'back-ups' first instead, because that was cheaper and easier. We probably assured Poch that we'd bring in the actual 'quality' in future windows.

I'm not looking forward to Poch getting his hopes dashed when those 'future windows' arrive and our Glorious Leader proves the worth of his words yet again, but that's for another time. Yes, we brought in back-ups this summer. Yes, Poch now probably knows what we need and where the squad is at. But we also made absolutely pathetic, abortive attempts to sign quality in the summer, and the failure of those pathetic, pallid attempts has held him back and led to situations where throwing on Capoue is seen as a viable solution to the loss of control in a game.

But what do YOU know about what Poch asked for? You're making all kinds of assumptions to suit your agenda and it's getting really tiresome,.

I am not LCLC, but in the long run I think we need new center backs. I don't rate any of our current senior center backs. Vertonghen is the best of the lot, but still not good enough. I also think we need new central midfielders. Bentaleb has the potential to become very good, but is still inconsistent, we can't rely on him to put in a top performance every week. Mason and Dembele can be decent squad players. The others we can get rid of. We also need one or two attacking midfielders. Behind Eriksen and Chadli, our options aren't good enough. Lamela might come good, and he might not. Behind these three there are no one, at least as long as Lennon is in the doghouse. Kane can drop back, but for him to do that, we also need a new striker or two.

such a disappointing result....same old story though innit...just when we need to win ...we bottle...we have good players and they need to psych themselves up a lot more for these games....

I've said it before.....This club is lacking in confidence and mental strength.............

last words from me....Rosebud...I mean Coupoe...LOL....Coys.......................

But what do YOU know about what Poch asked for? You're making all kinds of assumptions to suit your agenda and it's getting really tiresome,.

So is repeatedly pointing to the papers everyone brandishes as 'clued-in' that all indicate that what we got this summer was not entirely what Poch wanted, only to see the same tired arguments being trotted out about said papers being unreliable or unrepresentative of actual events. Rabidly, monotonously defend our Glorious Leader to the high heavens, if you'd like, using your own no doubt carefully tailored assumptions if necessary - won't change what happened last summer, won't change what will happen in summers hence.

As for me, I'm weary, and mostly tired of all that. I think once more windows have come and gone, more and more people will see what goes on behind the facade of 'backing' our managers with ambition and verve: I'm content to just sit and nurse the blind and no doubt stupid hope that can't be killed, the hope that our brave leader on high either stands behind his own words or tells the truth. So if it's all the same to you, I'd like to leave the accusations of possessing an 'agenda' behind, especially when thrown about by ordinarily rational and eloquent people gripped by hopefully momentary periods of wild-eyed zealotry when it comes to our dear, dear chairman and his boss higher up the line.

Last edited:
By the way, I cannot believe the negativity here. A side building. A squad transitioning into something. A young squad with some not good enough players replacing first choice players...until we are patient and recognize trends occurring at the club, we get what we deserve. Sometimes it makes me so angry.

There's a group of fans on here who judging by the **** they post we should storm the league every year. They just want instant success, first sign of it not going right, sack the manager and start again. I'm betting most of them have never played football at a decent level. Why should we go to Palace and expect to beat them, its that attitude throughout the club over the last 20 years thats left us as a team that flatters to deceive. Until the mentality of the players, the fans and anyone associated with the club changes we'll always have days like today. Levy should tell Poch that he's here for the next 5 years whatever happens and just let him get on with building a club with a solid foundation. If he upsets a few mongs on the way then so be it.

Stop whining! This was a game of fine margins, and we happened to be on the wrong side of it. Eriksen missed a sitter, A mildly speaking, soft penalty for them, penalty not given for us, and a deflected pass that produces the winner. **** happens! Move on and get on with it! COYS!

The hungrier, fresher team won it, just.
Ref was poor, if one was a pen then so was the other. Difficult to see how the game finished with 22. I thought puncheon stamped on Hugo and it's very suspicious sky didn't even mention during the game.
Move on, nothing to say arsenal and Man U will will both win tomorrow.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Apologies if you thought I was putting words in your mouth mate, it was more a general statement on the amount of posts by people about the ref. I can see why the ref gave the penalty, it was the stupidity of our player to blame, not the refs fault. Of course we could have had one too, but how much luck have we had this season ? A fair quota I would say.

We were poor today and Im very frustrated that Poch cannot get us up for games against relegation fodder. As I said earlier the squad is not thst strong, I agree, but the squad is better then Crystal Palace. But we still lost.

In truth, it doesnt actually hurt as much as I thought it would as it was 100% expected. I understand tour points completely mate. Lets move on to the next game. Jan is a massive month for us.

Agreed Sir. Massive indeed. I personally think it's a bit bizarre we are within touching distance of 4th still. For me, a squad this young which won a trophy in a determined manager's first season would be excellent as perhaps they will get the silverware bug early. Burnley on Wed and those two Sheff U matches are now absolutely enormous. COYS!

This game wasn't much different to most other games we have played against this kind of opposition this season. A fairly even game, could have gone either way, but this time it went against us. This is our level at the moment. We're simply not good enough to dominate these games from start to finish. I think the Chelsea game gave a lot of fans a false hope, me included. I think everyone agreed from the beginning of the season that we are not good enough to finish in the top 4 this season, but after such a result it is difficult not to start to dream. Today we weren't great, but we played at pretty much the same level we have played at in most games this season. We've had the rub of the green in a few games this season, tonight it went the other way.

I noticed that a lot of people blame the central midfielders today, but I don't think they were that bad. I thought Dembele and Stambouli were okay. Not great, but okay. Capoue wasn't that horrible after coming on. I don't think he is good enough, but we didn't lose because of him. Palace were in the ascendancy for pretty much the entire second half. Nothing changed after Capoue came on.

A bigger problem today was that the players who need to produce the goods for us, Chadli (despite his assist), Eriksen and even Kane (despite his goal), weren't very good. I am one of Eriksen's biggest fans, but he must have put in his worst performance for us today. Slow, weak and seemed unable to control the ball (which seemed to be a problem for a lot of our players today. The pitch didn't look great, but still.)

We are also very dependent on a few players to do the business for us. We have a lot of players, but not a lot of good players. Townsend is far too close to a place in the team. After his injury he isn't not even quick anymore. I can't see anything he brings to the team. I hope that we can find a few players to strengthen us in the transfer window. We need to get more quality in, although I realize it is a difficult time. I am surprised we weren't in for a player like Shaqiri, though. Surely we can compete with Inter Milan for players these days?

Look at the CMs. Slow. Delivery. Slow. It impacts everything.

The hungrier, fresher team won it, just.
Ref was poor, if one was a pen then so was the other. Difficult to see how the game finished with 22. I thought puncheon stamped on Hugo and it's very suspicious sky didn't even mention during the game.
Move on, nothing to say arsenal and Man U will will both win tomorrow.

Sent from my Magellanic flightless steamer duck using Rufous gnateater

It was Gayle who stamped on Lloris, went totally unnoticed by the officials (despite Lloris laying injured with a cut around his neck) and sky and MotD. Wonder if Kamara and co. will mention it on Goals on Sunday this morning because it was definitely intentional!

It was Gayle who stamped on Lloris, went totally unnoticed by the officials (despite Lloris laying injured with a cut around his neck) and sky and MotD. Wonder if Kamara and co. will mention it on Goals on Sunday this morning because it was definitely intentional!

Yup, can even see Gayle look down at Hugo as he stamps on his head [-X Lucky for him that Fazio wasn't in the vicinity :barnet:

As the officials didn't even caution Gayle for it then perhaps there's a chance of some retrospective punishment, even if it would be of little use to us now that the game is lost.

[VINE]Op9YXtTQVnq[/VINE]

Stop whining! This was a game of fine margins, and we happened to be on the wrong side of it. Eriksen missed a sitter, A mildly speaking, soft penalty for them, penalty not given for us, and a deflected pass that produces the winner. **** happens! Move on and get on with it! COYS!

This

Yes, that is a very unnatural 'jump' from Gayle, he doesn't try to extend his leg to make it over Lloris, he deliberately bends his knee and targets Lloris

We knew Palace would get stuck in with Pardew back, we just lacked 2% of quality to finish them off at 2-0 and then it is all down to the ref to make some really tricky calls that could go either way

We knew Palace would get stuck in with Pardew back, we just lacked 2% of quality to finish them off at 2-0 and then it is all down to the ref to make some really tricky calls that could go either way

Thought we competed extremely well for 70-75 minutes but visibly tired in the last 15 - 20. A lot of it was down to momentum shift after conceding the pen with Palace getting a second wind and playing out of their skins for their new manager, Zaha especially choosing this game to put in a blinder.

Look at the CMs. Slow. Delivery. Slow. It impacts everything.

Exactly.

Bentaleb and/or Mason and Eriksen has had his best period at the club, Chadli has been excellent, Kane has really blossomed. They find the right passes to those attacking players more often.

For Kane's goal yesterday Dembele plays a nice pass through Palace's midfield into Chadli in a bit of space. Chadli is a bit lucky to get it past one player, but then finds a good pass to Kane who does the rest. That initial pass up to Chadli is very important though and doesn't happen nearly often enough without Bentaleb and Mason.

Back