• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace***OMT ***

This is really the 'after-the-Lord-Mayor's-show' moment isn't it? The typical game that we go and c0ck-up after the glamour win...we have form for that type of thing.
My team:

Lloris

Walker -- Fazio -- Verts -- Rose

Stambouli -- Dembele

Townsend -- Eriksen -- Chadli

Kane​

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this game wil be a heart-stopper: 5-2 to us :eek:

Kane hat-trick, Eriksen with two; Gayle and Ledley for them

COYS

<< Cue us now losing 2-0 with a whimper :lol: >>

We have to consider the fact that we now have a replay next week. Could have been our first full week on the training ground since preseason.

I'd play a stronger team in the league and make the 7 changes again for the cup.

I think against Burnley I'd maybe use someone like Onomah, Ceballos or Oduwa (if Lamela is still out) instead of Paulinho in the hole.

Jamie Redknapp on Sunday's game.....

Harry Kane has lifted Tottenham to a different level - and they'll have too much for a Crystal Palace side missing their two best players, says Jamie Redknapp.

I wouldn’t have predicted Tottenham’s 5-3 win over Chelsea and I wouldn’t have predicted how they have done of late at the start of the season. I didn’t feel they were capable of beating anyone by scoring five, let alone a Chelsea side. But something’s clicked with them.

The manager, Mauricio Pochettino, is starting to implement what he wants but one person has changed the whole emphasis of a side – and that person is Harry Kane.

"When you have a forward like Harry Kane who leads from the front, chases lost causes and shows energy, it’s amazing how infectious that can be to the rest of the team."
Jamie Redknapp
That’s not to say Tottenham are a one-man team but he’s added so much energy and vitality to Spurs. People love the effort he shows but I’d be doing him a disservice to say he just runs around because there’s a lot more to Harry Kane than that. His five goals in his last five Premier League games show that.

But when you have a forward who leads from the front, who chases lost causes, runs beyond, comes short and shows energy, it’s amazing how infectious that can be to the rest of the team.

Chelsea have got it with Diego Costa. When he works hard it gives everybody a lift. If he goes and presses somebody, everybody else presses. He leads from the front. That’s what Kane gives Spurs: a shot in the arm.

People like Christian Eriksen have thrived playing alongside him. At the start of the year they had Roberto Soldado – who is just not good enough for Tottenham – and Emmanuel Adebayor. Kane is such a contrast and he’s injected energy into the team.

Since he became first-choice striker in their game against Stoke, Spurs have won six and drawn two of their 10 Premier League games. Yes, Spurs are playing a high line, have hit form and benefitted from late goals, but Kane is the catalyst. He’s made a real difference to the team.

Now Tottenham need to kick on. They’ve got a good manager there and if Tottenham want to progress they need to give him the opportunity to get some players in. If they do that, they might be on to something again.

Live on Sky Sports

Crystal PalacevsTottenham Hotspur
C Palace v Tottenham
January 10, 2015 4:45pm
Sky Sports 1 HD
Get a Sky Sports PassUpgrade to Sky Sports
And that’s what the Tottenham fans deserve. For too long they’ve been messed around and seen their best players sold. But you look at this guy and he knows what he’s doing, he has got the team organised and wants to play good football, which is what the Tottenham fans want to see. And I think he’s doing this with a squad that isn’t quite good enough for the top four.

He’s got them into the equation for the final Champions League qualifying spot behind Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project and Manchester United, now he needs some support from the board in January to capitalise on that.

Missing

Spurs come up against what I’d call a danger side on Saturday Night Football, in Crystal Palace – although they’re playing them at the perfect time.

That’s because Yannick Bolasie and Mile Jedinak, their two best players, are away on international duty at the Africa Cup of Nations and Asian Cup, respectively.

These mid-season tournaments drive managers mad – you’d think the organisers could find a better solution – and that pair will be a huge loss.

Skilful Bolasie can always make something happen, while I’m a big fan of Jedinak, who is irreplaceable at set-pieces, organises the team, is their leader on the field and could have been the one to get around Eriksen and stop him playing.

Their absence tips this fixture in Tottenham’s favour, for me. Yes, Wilfried Zaha has similar attributes to Bolasie, but the Spurs players will look at the Palace team-sheet and get a huge boost, knowing those two aren’t available.

Spurs are full of confidence anyway, on a roll and I expect them to take all three points from Selhurst Park.

Watch Crystal Palace v Tottenham live on Sky Sports 1 HD on Saturday Night Football from 4.45pm

He's been poor in his last 1.5 matches, but for weeks before that he was playing really well.

Our front 4 starting to really click and show a good understanding I would not change that, also we have the cup game in midweek Soldado can get his chance there

Mauricio on @Ryan_Mason13 & @Coco_Lamela: "They have no chance for Palace, maybe next week."

Crystal Palace v Tottenham

I do fancy Tottenham and I think they have turned the corner. I have been impressed with them, and they were very good against Chelsea.

The lad Harry Kane was unbelievable in that match, that's as good as it gets. That was one of the best centre-forward performances I have seen. Not many people give Gary Cahill and John Terry the run around; he was absolutely outstanding against two of the best defenders in the world.

Alan Pardew has made the switch to Selhurst Park and I think he'll do a good job because he is a good manager. They had a good result against Dover which was potentially the banana skin to end all banana skins, so to go there and win that easily was a good start.

He'll keep them up, there's no doubt about it, and he'll get them going for this match, which will be a real battle. This will be a tough game for both sides, a proper London derby which we don't really see anymore, with Palace and Spurs going at each other from the start.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-1

:rolleyes:

I'd try something a bit different for this one after how we struggled to break them down and because of the absence of Bentaleb (and likely Mason and Lamela)

---------------Lloris

Walker---Fazio----Verts---Rose

--------Stambouli---Eriksen

Townsend----Kane----Chadli

-------------Soldado

Anything but Dembele, right?

Crystal Palace v Tottenham

I do fancy Tottenham and I think they have turned the corner. I have been impressed with them, and they were very good against Chel53a.

The lad Harry Kane was unbelievable in that match, that's as good as it gets. That was one of the best centre-forward performances I have seen. Not many people give Gary Cahill and John Terry the run around; he was absolutely outstanding against two of the best defenders in the world.

Alan Pardew has made the switch to Selhurst Park and I think he'll do a good job because he is a good manager. They had a good result against Dover which was potentially the banana skin to end all banana skins, so to go there and win that easily was a good start.

He'll keep them up, there's no doubt about it, and he'll get them going for this match, which will be a real battle. This will be a tough game for both sides, a proper London derby which we don't really see anymore, with Palace and Spurs going at each other from the start.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-1

:rolleyes:

Maybe Paul needs his own thread in the style of his Lord Twuntyness.

2014/15 Paul the Drunk says ...

I'd seriously consider playing Eriksen in central midfield for this. We are really gonna struggle to control the game and play with a tempo minus Bentaleb and Mason.

I'd try something a bit different for this one after how we struggled to break them down and because of the absence of Bentaleb (and likely Mason and Lamela)

---------------Lloris

Walker---Fazio----Verts---Rose

--------Stambouli---Eriksen

Townsend----Kane----Chadli

-------------Soldado

what is soldado in the team to do?

He's been poor in his last 1.5 matches, but for weeks before that he was playing really well.

We must have a different definition of "really well". For a number 9, he has been distinctly average at best.

I really want him to do well and form a strong partnership with Kane, but regretfully we have seen little evidence of it so far. Without Kane he really struggles to make any impact. We desperately need an upgrade for this position.

Anyone who has followed Tottenham Hotspur for a number of years and has observed particular patterns will be reconciled to the fact we will lose this match, probably by about 3-1

then in that case, the poch out phalanx shouldnt be out after this game if we lose as its sooo "typical Spurs"

we will tear Palace a new one...pundits start talking about turning corners, form AND a possible title challenge..then we struggle & stumble at home against Sunderland next week...:) oh well..whatever..nevermind...COYS!!!

We must have a different definition of "really well". For a number 9, he has been distinctly average at best.

I really want him to do well and form a strong partnership with Kane, but regretfully we have seen little evidence of it so far. Without Kane he really struggles to make any impact. We desperately need an upgrade for this position.

Spot on can't believe some are persisting with him in the team seeing how Kane has played the lone striker so well it is showing how painfully average to poor Soldado has been in that same role

Dangerous game to underestimate. Local...erm, "icon" returns as a manager to the club where he....erm, made his name, I guess. (Seriously, Pardew being a legend anywhere is a bit hard to grasp after hearing about that Spurs-Koln game). Loud atmosphere, players motivated by the new manager bounce, our lads coming off some good form and prone to perhaps underestimating the opposition at times (see: Burnley).

By rights we should be winning this with a bit to spare. But that's not how it usually works.

Back