• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS CHELSEA - CAPITAL ONE CUP FINAL

To be fair, winning the 2008 final didnt do much for our league form either, although we got the silverware we went on a terrible run after that final and it carried on into the next season too

Regardless of the result in the Final, you know our league form will be affected badly for a few weeks atleast. And surely it will affect us as the fans for a few days as well, either by too much celebration or too much bitterness. Due to this, I decided to take day off from work on Monday.:D

I still remember that 2008 Final fondly. Still remember that moment when we were 1 goal down. Feeling desperate, I held my 4-year old nephew's hand, pleading him to help us. What a magic ! 20 seconds later, we won the penalty and the rest were history. Since then, my nephew has been our lucky charm on many occasions, whenever I hold his hand. Now 11, he has said he will help us this time as well. It is now up to the team to turn up and deliver the result we desire !

------------lloris
walker----dier---vert---rose
------mason---bentaleb
townsend---eriksen----chadli
--------------kane

I think that front four did very well against Chelsea last time, Chadli and Kane in particular, so I'd go with them again.

• 01 Lloris
  • 02 Walker
  • 21 Fazio
  • 05 Vertonghen
  • 03 Rose (Davies - 76' )
  • 42 Bentaleb
  • 38 Mason (Dembélé - 14' )
  • 17 Townsend (Paulinho - 66' )
  • 23 Eriksen
  • 22 Chadli
  • 18 Kane
Substitutes
  • 06 Chiriches
  • 08 Paulinho
  • 09 Soldado
  • 13 Vorm
  • 19 Dembélé
  • 25 Stambouli
  • 33 Davies

_81300231_capture.jpg

Will no doubt be the mickey mouse cup when they lose tomorrow

_81303690_capture.jpg

Can anyone recommend a good Spurs pub in central London for the game? Don't want to go too close to Wembley as it will be a nightmare getting out

I'm looking forward to Mason and Bentaleb against Fabregas and Ramires. Our boys should dominate the midfield. Hopefully this will leave Chelsea without an out ball when we press them high up the pitch.

Decent OMT - I like the look of Bentaleb ( mumorn's avatar) next to the League Cup in the opening post.

I think Poch will go with this team - Fazio to just pip Dier for the spot. As already been said in the thread , his experience of Costa should just swing it his way although, if we're chasing the game in the second half, I feel Dier on for Fazio or Verts might be a good substitution. I also think Townsend with his positive Wembley experiences for England, may just get the nod ahead of Lamela.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''Lloris
''''''''''''''''''''''Walker''''''''''Fazio''''''''''''Verts''''''Rose
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''Mason''''''''''''''''''''''Bentaleb
Townsend'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''Dembele'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''Eriksen
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''Kane'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Not seen any 2008 CC final Vids so I'll be the first .:)

Let's not give it to the clams. I want to see an error free performance and we do our best so Poch has got to do the team talk vid .

Sunday evening is gonna be fantastic !!!!! COYS!!!!!!!

Can't believe it's already here!

----------------Vorm-----------------
Chiriches--Fazio--Kaboul---Davies
---------Stambouli--Capoue----
Townsend------------------Paulinho(c)
---------Adebayor----Soldado---------

star_wars_its_a_trap.jpg

They wont know what's hit them

Expecting a loss. It's better that way.

Don't think Mourinho will lose twice to the same team in two months. He'll have us figured out now. Kane will be a marked man, kicked and fouled out of the game, and we will be the victim of the usual poop refereeing decision - stonewall penalty not given, extremely harsh red card, offside goal for them, etc.

It was fun while it lasted. Let's hope Bassong plays, so we will be awarded the runner up Europa league spot.

Getting nervous now. Glad there's no Matic or mikel, however Ramires generally tends to play well against us, destroyed us in the semi the other year.

Lloris
Walker
Vert
Fazio
Rose
Mason
Bentalab
Eriksen
Dembele
Chadli
Kane

Back