• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS CHELSEA - CAPITAL ONE CUP FINAL

Feeling very nervous about this match already. We must win this Final ! Any other result will be a huge setback for us and will affect our progress. Also, it is a terrible feeling to get disappointed in any Final. Was badly got demotivated when we lost the 2002 and 2009 Final. Hope Pochettino will repeat the success by Ramos in 2008.

A few interesting facts about us and the Final :
  • We have played in 20 Cup Finals, winning 15, losing 5
  • All the 5 lost Finals were under English managers : Nicholson(1974), Burkinshaw(1982), Pleat(1987), Hoddle(2002), Redknapp(2009)
  • Our last 2 Cup success were under non-English managers : Graham(1999) and Ramos (2008)
  • No Argentine manager has ever won any trophy in English football
  • Pochettino will aim to become the first ever Argentine manager to win a trophy in England
  • Chelsea have played in 25 Cup Finals, winning 16, losing 9

Last edited:
The big match arrives. Am nervous as fudge!

I suspect there is a possibility we could see a relatively shocking omission: looking at recent line-ups I would not be surprised that Verts is dropped for Dier for this one.

My reasons for my suspicions are as follows:

- Dier seemingly being rested on Thursday and also for the previous leg but played vs West Ham (presumably for his pace attributes against their pacy strikers)
- Verts was often on the bench in the early part of the season even during Kaboul's often nightmarish run in the side; deep down I suspect MoPo simply doesn't fancy him long-term
- Chelski often seem to target Verts and he is very susceptible to their attacking (pacewise and also from set-pieces imv)
- Both Fazio and Verts committed howlers, but i suspect that MoPo may frown much more on Verts' one being as close to the goal as it was; at least Fazio's one was much further up the pitch
- Fazio's weaknesses (lack of pace, every now and again poor passing) is directly compensated for with Dier's attributes. He is also seemingly the best organiser of our defence
- Fazio's aerial ability is vital vs Chelski, who may rely on a set-piece and their big defenders to get on the end of them to make a difference. Verts is often in suspect in the air and imo doesn't compensate enough with pace on the floor

Either way, a tricky decision for MoPo. Here's hoping whatever he decides he gets it right.

COYS!

The temptation to play Fazio against the man he fudging owns will be immense. It depends on whether Poch trusts Walker, Bentaleb and Rose to provide enough cover for two slower CBs or whether he will opt for Dier's pace. Verts starts, it is ludicrous to suggest he doesn't IMO.

We can do them for sure, but I have to say, Ramires always worries me because he is mobile and he is a fudging cheat.
Be very sure they will practice the dark arts all over the place.

Feeling very nervous about this match already. We must win this Final ! Any other result will be a huge setback for us and will affect our progress. Also, it is a terrible feeling to get disappointed in any Final. Was badly got demotivated when we lost the 2002 and 2009 Final. Hope Pochettino will repeat the success by Ramos in 2008.

A few interesting facts about us and the Final :
  • We have played in 20 Cup Finals, winning 15, losing 5
  • All the 5 lost Finals were under English managers : Nicholson(1974), Burkinshaw(1982), Pleat(1987), Hoddle(2002), Redknapp(2009)
  • Our last 2 Cup success were under non-English managers : Graham(1999) and Ramos (2008)
  • No Argentine manager has ever won any trophy in English football
  • Pochettino will aim to become the first ever Argentine manager to win a trophy in England
  • Chelsea have played in 25 Cup Finals, winning 16, losing 9

To be fair, winning the 2008 final didnt do much for our league form either, although we got the silverware we went on a terrible run after that final and it carried on into the next season too

For some reason this and a few other threads are not showing up for me. I have to wait until this thread is the most recently active and click it from the main page.

------------Lloris

Walker Fazio Verts Rose

-----Mason---Bentaleb

Lamela--Eriksen--Chadli

------------Kane

Lets do these fudgers. The spirit of 2008 and new year's day. W2-0 - Kane and Eriksen

I would go......
Lloris,
Walker,
Fazio (just over Dier for his greater experience),
Verts,
Rose (just over Davies as bit better going forward but both switch off at times and both make reckless challenges).
Bentaleb and Mason,
Chadli (Lamela gives the ball away too much and Nacer offers more physical prescence),
Dembele,
Eriksen and of course Harry up front..

Subs - Vom, Dier, Davies, Lamela, Townsend and Adebayor - most will probably go for Soldado but after that miss the other day I have lost faith. H doesn't do enough work off the ball for me and as we all know he just doesn't score enough... At least with Ade you can put him on if we are a goal down - and IF HE IS IN THE RIGHT FRAME OF MIND - he could do something special or if all else has failed at least he would be a better target for long balls into the box.

I am obviously pleased we got to a final and will TRY to enjoy the day.... I just wish we weren't playing f***ing Chelscum.

COYS.....please.

At the airport now, nervous as hell!
Intending to be at the Torch tomorrow, but I'm not going to get p1ssed!
Although best intentions and all that!

If you lose us this game you should be stuck with the OMT Gods choice of avatar until we win a cup :mad:

Would never stick. He told us that he's leave the forum, if we lost against WBA, and now he's started our biggest OMT in a long time! What were you mods thinking of, allowing him this opportunity? Should have aborted the thread as soon as he dared post it.

Back