• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS Carlisle United OMT ***

Think we'll see a team similar to the one against Lazio with a couple of kids on the bench. The players need this to get used to each other. They've only had about 10 days together as a complete squad so far.

--------- Lloris
Walker Gallas Caulker Verts
---- Sandro Dembele
- Dempsey Sig Bale
-------- Defoe

Possibly Dawson for Gallas and Livermore (if fit) for Sandro. AVB may decide to rest one or two more for OT, but he knows the fitness of the players, I don't.

I'm sorry, this may be arrogant and or complacent but this is Carlisle. W have to give our squad players a run out and bring in some kids. If we play a strong team illness disappointed and angry. Awaiting the inevitable tiredness on Saturday.

----------------Lloris
Smith--Dawson--Caulker--Vertinghen
-----------THudd--Carroll
Mason-------Siggurdsson-----Townsend
------------Adebayor

This is my ideal line up. Though preferable a youngster for left back, or maybe Naughton is back, anyone know how long he's injured for?

think we may see the kids for this one.. townsend, caulker, mason, falque and coulibaly all to feature.

P0051.png

Tottenham Hotspur Football League Cup Record 1966-67 to 2012-13

Last edited:
think we may see the kids for this one.. townsend, caulker, mason, falque and coulibaly all to feature.

I agree. The Capital One Cup is the one to sacrafice - at least in the early rounds. Play the kids and those needing matchtime - ie Ade (if fit), Dempsey, Sig, Dawson and Lloris.

Team should therefore be something like:

Lloris
Smith
Dawson
Caulker
Mason
Hudd
Livermore/Carroll
Townsend
Sig/Falque
Dempsey
Ade/Coulibaly

No matter what team AVB picks it beeds to win to keep the press off his back. Its a sad stare of affairs when it comes to that. Can you imagine the field day the press will have if he puts out a weakened side and gets beaten - arrogance would be the headline. Again, hes in a no win situation whatever he does.

No matter what team AVB picks it beeds to win to keep the press off his back. Its a sad stare of affairs when it comes to that. Can you imagine the field day the press will have if he puts out a weakened side and gets beaten - arrogance would be the headline. Again, hes in a no win situation whatever he does.

If our kids are good enough to feature in the Premiership this season, then they need to demonstrate that in games like this one. No point throwing them straight in to the first team for a game at say the Emirates if they havent played and proved themselves in games like Carlisle away. Better to find out they are not up to it in this sort of game.

Think we'll see a team similar to the one against Lazio with a couple of kids on the bench. The players need this to get used to each other. They've only had about 10 days together as a complete squad so far.

--------- Lloris
Walker Gallas Caulker Verts
---- Sandro Dembele
- Dempsey Sig Bale
-------- Defoe

Possibly Dawson for Gallas and Livermore (if fit) for Sandro. AVB may decide to rest one or two more for OT, but he knows the fitness of the players, I don't.

Seeing how tired our players looked against QPR I think we will rotate quite a bit more than in that game. AVB has already indicated in the press that he will rotate hasn't he?

Is Coulibaly eligible for this competition?

I think for domestic cup games just about everyone who are on the books are eligible, no 25 man squad registration list or anything like that.

Dont think it will go ahead?
the whole of the area seems to be under water! Well, that what Sky news is showing!

Carlisle United are not ruling out a sell-out crowd for next Wednesday’s Capital One Cup clash with Spurs.

The Blues reported a busy day of ticket sales as they went on general sale yesterday for the tie against Andre Villas-Boas’s top-flight stars.

With Tottenham also close to selling out their initial allocation of 1,700, United are anticipating a bumper gate for Brunton Park’s biggest cup tie since Arsenal’s FA Cup visit in 2001.

The Blues’ spokesman Andy Hall said: “We had long queues from the moment we opened at 10am and everybody who came to the window was full of excitement about the game.

“The likes of Andre Villas-Boas, Jermain Defoe and all the other stars coming to Brunton Park has really captured the imagination.

“At the moment 12,500 is an estimate but if we could sell-out that would really send a message.”

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/carlisle-united/latest/carlisle-utd-eyeing-sell-out-crowd-for-tottenham-cup-game-1.998047

Greg Abbott today declared Carlisle United have already proved their underdog spirit for the Tottenham clash after his emotional victory at Coventry.

The Blues boss said his team can now relish their chance to upset Spurs in Wednesday’s hotly-anticipated cup tie.

Abbott’s team are now unbeaten in four games as they prepare to welcome Andre Villas-Boas’ side.

They extended their run with a 2-1 win at the Ricoh Arena which allowed Abbott to enjoy a successful return to his home city.

“We’re often in that situation, where people expect us to get beat,” said Abbott, when asked about his team’s prospects against Spurs.

“But we’re gritty, we work hard and we did it again on Saturday.”

Danny Cadamarteri and Danny Livesey’s goals handed United their first win over Coventry since 1958.

Abbott, a former Sky Blues apprentice who grew up in the city, admitted it had been an emotionally-charged afternoon.

“You don’t forget where you come from,” he said.

“The Carlisle fans are proud to be Cumbrian, and I’m a Coventry boy who’s proud to come from Coventry.

“It was a really nice day. The victory was great, there was a large contingent of my family supporting us, friends I hadn’t seen for such a long time, and I had such a great welcome from everybody at Coventry.

“I’m sorry to see the state Coventry are in and I wish them well but my priority is now Carlisle and I’m determined to make sure we don’t fall by the wayside.”

The Cumbrians moved up to 10th in League One as they spoiled Mark Robins’ first game as Coventry manager.

Abbott, whose team were backed by 951 travelling fans in a 10,674 crowd, conceded it may have been a good time to play the West Midlands club as they try to rebuild under Robins.

“Next week might be a worse time to play them,” he said. “They will get themselves together with Mark but we probably got them before that set in.

“But we were good value. We played some good stuff and I’m a happy manager.”

Abbott handed a start to Joe Garner after Jake Jervis ended his loan spell a game early, with the Birmingham man preferring not to travel with the squad once informed he would not be starting.

The United manager, who handed Kallum Higginbotham a late debut as a second-half substitute, said he would continue to monitor Jervis.

“Jake has been great for us with his goals and helped us through a period after Lee Miller’s injury,” Abbott said.

“But we needed experience and I thought Joe and Danny [Cadamarteri] put the Coventry back four under lots of pressure and that was key to the result.”

Garner suffered a dead leg late in the game but the problem is unlikely to keep him out of next Saturday’s clash with Crawley, the Watford loanee being cup-tied for Wednesday’s Spurs clash.

Paul Thirlwell (concussion) and Livesey (head cut) are expected to recover in time for the Capital One Cup game.

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/carlisle-united/latest/carlisle-utd-boss-eyeing-spurs-cup-upset-1.998777

Reschedule for the so called international break I say.
These lower league clubs have to keep going, we won't be playing our full internationals bar Lloris.
Win-win.

AdamB - Certified Yago Falque hater

Yep! Only because he's awful! If you're 5 foot 8 and a small build then you need something else such as pace or Modric's ability on the ball as well as some wirey strength. He has the worst of all worlds - small, weak, cant beat a man, dithers...not a winger as he's too slow and doesnt have the ability to play centrally.....AND he's 23 in Jan so not even a kid!!!

Yep! Only because he's awful! If you're 5 foot 8 and a small build then you need something else such as pace or Modric's ability on the ball as well as some wirey strength. He has the worst of all worlds - small, weak, cant beat a man, dithers...not a winger as he's too slow and doesnt have the ability to play centrally.....AND he's 23 in Jan so not even a kid!!!

He also went on loan to Southampton (who were flying in the Championship) made one start, got subbed and then hardly made the squad again afterwards! I know people say you can't always tell much from a loan spell but as they go that was a pretty bad one lol

Back