• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS Carlisle United OMT ***

I think that is a pretty arrogant decision for the back 4 to be honest, not least if AVB wants them to play anything like his usual pressing game. Byrne has limited league exposure, Smith has had mixed reviews, Caulker has only played three games for Spurs and Dawson hasn't had any competitive minutes this season. Where is the cohesion?

The only thing that pulls that together is that Caulker will have had a lot of minutes with Byrne and Smith, but I think that back line does Carlisle a huge diservice. I would actually say that that team is setting us up for an early fall, I'm all for blooding youth but you need to do it in such a way as to ease them in, not deliver a baptism of fire. If you're going to have two junior FBs, then you need two senior CBs to be talking to them. Likewise, Byrne will likely need help from his winger and Townsend isn't the person to do that necessarily.

Then our midfield has our two slightly misfiring midfielders and three youth players, is Huddlestone expected to set the pace, talk three youth players through a cup game in front of a likely sell out crowd and make sure he is playing to his own capacity and be effective?

And all this without taking the likely pitch conditions into consideration which will play merry hell with the type of football that we would be hoping to see from all of Mason, Carroll and Townsend. That team would have a torid time imo! Sorry, I've really pulled that apart, but it would be hell for them I reckon!

I think you make good points and I think there is a chance it could go all wrong with that team but with our current injury situation and a trip to Old Trafford looming we have to prioritise. I am all for a good cup run but League Cup has to be the bottom of our list. Many other teams put out much weakened teams and go through, we have seen a drastic improvement in talent of our youth players why not give them a chance?

I think you make good points and I think there is a chance it could go all wrong with that team but with our current injury situation and a trip to Old Trafford looming we have to prioritise. I am all for a good cup run but League Cup has to be the bottom of our list. Many other teams put out much weakened teams and go through, we have seen a drastic improvement in talent of our youth players why not give them a chance?

I'm all for it but you have to do it in the right way, rather than put their heads on a block. Stick Gallas and Dawson side by side and you have experienced heads (despite Gallas' poor recent form) who are used to talking to players. Caulker is very much used to having someone guide him through a game, and at his age, that's as it should be. He may now be becoming dependable in his own right, but you can't ask him to shepherd other players through a game as well. So you get your two FBs on the pitch, but with two players that are used to guiding others by their side.

Then, if you want to bring Mason, Carroll AND Townsend on, then you need a solid core. Let Sandro and Hudd play midfield, Siggy on the right or left and Townsend on the other. Then you let Carroll OR Mason start and see where the game goes before deciding to bring on the other. Only a couple of small changes to your original line up but it stops them from having a horrible time and more of a chance to shine and progress a little.

Mason got a call yesterday telling him not to travel for a youth match tonight. He'll be playing tomorrow.

------------------ Lloris ---------------
Smith - Dawson - Caulker - Hall
---------- Hudd ---- Carroll ---------
Townsend --- Gylfi ------- Falque
-------------- Dempsey --------------

Is what i'd expect

Well he's been an ever present in all the next-gen games and now he's received a call telling him not to travel. We'll see.

I reckon he'll play behind Ade.

Just seen Stattos put in the next-gen thread that tonight's game has been called off. That probably explains why he got a call lol. I need to speak to his dad tomorrow for making me look like a tit ha ha.

Is what i'd expect

Is Hall ready, and is he used to playing as a left back? We have Stewart as well that could do a job there though?

Other than that I pretty much agree, perhaps Ade in for Dempsey if he's fit. Possibly Mason or Pritchard instead of Falque.

Is what i'd expect

Hopefully not Falque. He was shocking whenever he played in the Europa last year. Would rather see us play Mason or another kid, Pritchard or Ceballos or someone. Falque has failed wherever he's been, has been let go by Barca and Juve and didnt impress last year - would rather us play someone else

I will be gutted if Dawson does not start this match. I would also start Townsend ahead of Bale but make sure Bale is available on the bench.

Hopefully not Falque. He was shocking whenever he played in the Europa last year. Would rather see us play Mason or another kid, Pritchard or Ceballos or someone. Falque has failed wherever he's been, has been let go by Barca and Juve and didnt impress last year - would rather us play someone else

+1

Back