• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Brighton OMT ***

I disagree, but all good. I think what we need are two players for every position and sharper rotation. I personally don't want an Ange side trying to be pragmatic in that sense, simply because they don't train to be that and it would fail monstrously IMO.

We also need to do our but and not make snap judgements as fans. We have had to hang on for months to 4th getting players back and now they are back its almost post pre season 2.0 again. It was a rough watch today but it won't be in a few weeks, I'm confident in that.

The stats put out today about the number of players not available at anyone time till today should be telling.

This will get alot better

Yep all good.

I do disagree. It’s not foundation, it’s not about participation, it’s about points, there is a time and a place to play football, and a time and a place to stop any football being played.

Needs a balance between the two.

Also, we should scheme for the players we have, not the ones we want.
The thing is Ange may not be able to coach a more pragmatic style. He's played this way for 30 odd years and may just not know how to coach a side to drop off more. Being more pragmatic may affect the basics of his system in a way that you might not expect.

We have to give him the time and players to play his way and then see if it ultimately works or not.

Last edited:
I think it's a case of not knowing the type of player he is and then moaning about the player he isn't out of frustrating. He is 100% a player who plays on shoulder and runs channels as per his assists and goals, he isn't going to become another type of player now, so if we don't play to them strengths he isn't going to be in games, doesn't make him a bad player. It's 100% the type of player Ange wanted for those winger roles IMO
I think that's right....so where does that leave Deki?

The thi

Nah is Ange may not be able to coach a more pragmatic style. He's played this way for 30 odd years and may just not know how to coach a side to drop off more. Being more pragmatic may affect the basics of his system in a way that you might not expect.

We have to give him the time and players to play his way and then see if it ultimately works or not.

I think he’s gonna have to learn.

He’s never managed at this level before.

Yep all good.

I do disagree. It’s not foundation, it’s not about participation, it’s about points, there is a time and a place to play football, and a time and a place to stop any football being played.

Needs a balance between the two.

Also, we should scheme for the players we have, not the ones we want.
Totally agree! Real Madrid are equally good at playing teams off the park and shutting up shop. It doesn't have to be either or.
There are moments in games where there is a need to just kill off the game and being clever. That doesn't mean you have to play with the whole team camped at the 16 yard box. It's about slowing the game down, and passing without unnecessary risk to keep the ball, and if necessary, boot it away, try to win it back, and if not, make a simple foul, preferably high up the pitch.

I think it's a case of not knowing the type of player he is and then moaning about the player he isn't out of frustrating. He is 100% a player who plays on shoulder and runs channels as per his assists and goals, he isn't going to become another type of player now, so if we don't play to them strengths he isn't going to be in games, doesn't make him a bad player. It's 100% the type of player Ange wanted for those winger roles IMO
I'm not sure if I agree that he's only a player for running into spaces. If Ange evolves this side into what he wants it to be we are likely to have the lion share of possession and consistently faced massed defensive lines. In that situation a Johnson who can only run the channels is going to be player that will always struggle to make an impact. The more we dominate games the more frustrating his performances will be if that is all he has to his game. I think there's more to him than just channel running and so I see a player who can grow in this side but a pure channel runner is going to become less and less useful in the long run.

On Johnson, you can’t play on the flank without a huge defensive responsibility.

On Conte, where it is similar is that we give away cheap turnovers, the difference is where. Under Antonio, we coughed it up in their third. Under Ange, it’s coughing it up in our third that hurts us.

I'm not sure if I agree that he's only a player for running into spaces. If Ange evolves this side into what he wants it to be we are likely to have the lion share of possession and consistently faced massed defensive lines. In that situation a Johnson who can only run the channels is going to be player that will always struggle to make an impact. The more we dominate games the more frustrating his performances will be if that is all he has to his game. I think there's more to him than just channel running and so I see a player who can grow in this side but a pure channel runner is going to become less and less useful in the long run.
Well I said it's a strength not a exclusive attribute but based on those strengths literally all his goals and assists have come that way. As long as he scores crucial goals and sets up crucial goals then it will be fine for me.

As I alluded to earlier, we will also get alot better as a side which means we will exploit players and the strengths much more frequently.

On your other points, that's why it's a squad game, even the best sides and players have their kryptonite games and strengths/weaknesses

Last edited:
Eventually back from the game. 5 hours to get there no stop. and almost 5 coming back no stop again. Horrendous traffic

But....you can think me again...Yes, I did it again, just could not hang on any longer, had to pay a visit to the toilet before the drive home, left it until the 95th minute before I couldnt hold it anymore. heard the roar from inside the bogs.

This might have to be a ritual, thats the last 4 matches we have been to and missed a goal (2 v Sheffield United).

I had planned to get there early and see if anyone on here was in the South Stand concourse for a meet, but arriving at 2.50pm ky-boshed that idea. Maybe another time

Anyway, great win in the end. Karma that we scored in the stoppage time that was probably added by their peristant timewasting

Well done all. Never say die. Another 3pts earned from a losing position

Eventually back from the game. 5 hours to get there no stop. and almost 5 coming back no stop again. Horrendous traffic

But....you can think me again...Yes, I did it again, just could not hang on any longer, had to pay a visit to the toilet before the drive home, left it until the 95th minute before I couldnt hold it anymore. heard the roar from inside the bogs.

This might have to be a ritual, thats the last 4 matches we have been to and missed a goal (2 v Sheffield United).

I had planned to get there early and see if anyone on here was in the South Stand concourse for a meet, but arriving at 2.50pm ky-boshed that idea. Maybe another time

Anyway, great win in the end. Karma that we scored in the stoppage time that was probably added by their peristant timewasting

Well, you know your place now. Don't jinx it next time back at the ground.

View attachment 16778
Daylight robbery my ass! Fck this board sounds more like a Trump rally… get your head out of your asses…

We weren't at our best and the players knew it, they lost confidence and weren't making the movement or picking the right pass, it will take a bit of time to get rhythm back in our play and for players to get to full fitness but we had the spirit to keep going. The stats demonstrate a different picture to how it felt at the game, that's why I think you can't look at them with the blind faith many do.
One stat I would like to know is that the first time a team has scored 3 penalties against us in a season?
My son said it was a SON winner, MaddiSON to RicharlSON to SON to JohnSON.

Well..confession, I left before the goal, couldn't take any more misplaced passes. Delighted with the points but a combination of Brighton playing well and our lot looking like complete strangers really did my head in.
Will "man-up" next week and stay to the end :)

I honestly just cannot fathom anyone leaving early. I wouldn't do it at 3-0 let alone 1 fudging 1! That's insane. Not meant as a personal attack...but maybe it is. You spend all that time and money and miss THE moment we all live for as football fans to save what...at best 20 or 30 minutes??

But maybe that's because it takes me 2 days to get to the Lane. I would fudging give my left nut to have been there for the celebrations last night.

Back