• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Brighton OMT ***

I saw an aussie post a long post on Reddit about how Ange's teams usually always have a rough first season, before they really kick on in his second season. It's definitely not the finished article yet, but we can all see what we're trying to do and which way it seems to be going. Patience! We're getting there. :)
Great isn't it? We're top 4 and there's still so much more to come, isn't it nice to feel optimism for a new season already. This ones not even nearly over and who knows where we might end up. Let's just enjoy the riiide ey.

Draw would not have been fair. Brighton played some slick football at times, but they didn't create much of of it. They were in control only for about 1/3 of the game. They had 6 attempts to our 16 and the non-penalty xG was 1.62 - 0.45. 2-1 was a fair result.
And we gifted two of their best chances with unforced errors.

I saw an aussie post a long post on Reddit about how Ange's teams usually always have a rough first season, before they really kick on in his second season. It's definitely not the finished article yet, but we can all see what we're trying to do and which way it seems to be going. Patience! We're getting there. :)

Current performances are what I expected, the first ten games are what can be, we were fortunate to get a glimpse of the future.
When we get back to a settled squad training together then we will kick on.

Great isn't it? We're top 4 and there's still so much more to come, isn't it nice to feel optimism for a new season already. This ones not even nearly over and who knows where we might end up. Let's just enjoy the riiide ey.

Exactly, I think modern football fandom seems to be less about living the moment. Johnson gets winner 30 mins after coming on, he us a hero for a week now for me, I find the overly Alan Hanson acts now abit OTT personally. But everyone's different I suppose.

Last edited:
Draw would not have been fair. Brighton played some slick football at times, but they didn't create much of of it. They were in control only for about 1/3 of the game. They had 6 attempts to our 16 and the non-penalty xG was 1.62 - 0.45. 2-1 was a fair result.

Exactly, Everton were in the game against City, Burnley were in the game against Liverpool, and like Brighton, they still loss. You don't get points for being well drilled and working hard.

People really don't get the reason there is a media narrative against Spurs is because our fans lap it up, love a fudging moan and brick on our own club at any given opportunity. Where is the in depth discussion of how naive De Zerbi is? 96th minute, away from home, you have a point, been under pressure a lot of 2nd half yet half your team is up the pitch and the idiots that were back stopped for an offside trap (in a world of VAR)

Reality of that game, Brighton at their best made it difficult for us, made it hard for us to get a flow, put the defence under some pressure but really wasn't able to convert it into good chances. Spurs at our best (2nd half), they could get hold of the ball, they were stuck in their half, couldn't get out, we created 1:1's with the keeper, their defence had a number of last ditch type tackles/blocks.

Yes, Maddison, Bentancur are not near the top of their game, team is going to have to relearn that first 11 chemistry (it's been almost 4 months) but we are a good team ..

Exactly, I think modern football fandom seems to be less about living the moment. Johnson gets winner 30 mins after coming on, he us a hero for a week, I find the overly Alan Hanson acts now abit OTT personally. But everyone's different I suppose.

TV covered of football has turned it from a game to be enjoyed warts and all in to a forensic dissection of an event. Years ago that would have been seen as an exciting end to end game with a thrilling finish, now everyone is an expert with reams of stats, just draining the joy out of the game.

TV covered of football has turned it from a game to be enjoyed warts and all in to a forensic dissection of an event. Years ago that would have been seen as an exciting end to end game with a thrilling finish, now everyone is an expert with reams of stats, just draining the joy out of the game.

The focus on events is incredibly boring too. The interesting part of football is the flow, shapes and patterns. But no working pundits in this country are really smart enough to be able to comment on those.

It’s the game that has changed, with so much money at stake, job security for managers, even survival of the clubs.

That what leads it, 40 years ago you you could have a bad season and regroup after, squad wouldn’t change much, manager wouldn’t be sacked, now, a bad few months and you miss out on CL money, the gap grows and you are suddenly years away from your rivals.

It’s the game that has changed, with so much money at stake, job security for managers, even survival of the clubs.

That what leads it, 40 years ago you you could have a bad season and regroup after, squad wouldn’t change much, manager wouldn’t be sacked, now, a bad few months and you miss out on CL money, the gap grows and you are suddenly years away from your rivals.

For about 5/6 clubs, there are far more people watching other teams, most just want to see their team win and couldn't care less how they do it. It's not yet a game played by robots and is full of mistakes and errors you get far more enjoyment out of the game when you learn to accept that. The only people who need to analyse the game are the professional at the teams the rest are just windbags telling you thier opinions often using selected information to prove thier point.

For about 5/6 clubs, there are far more people watching other teams, most just want to see their team win and couldn't care less how they do it. It's not yet a game played by robots and is full of mistakes and errors you get far more enjoyment out of the game when you learn to accept that. The only people who need to analyse the game are the professional at the teams the rest are just windbags telling you thier opinions often using selected information to prove thier point.

The viewership is likely heavily skewed to fans of those clubs though.

My point was there a 2 types of football the original which you play and the one people watch as a form of entertainment, when I go out to an entertainment event at a concert, cinema or theatre I don't expect or want a detailed analysis of what I've seen I can make my own mind up, looking too closely at things can take the magic out of it.

Last edited:
My point was there a 2 types of football the original which you play and the one people watch as a form of entertainment, when I go out to an entertainment event at a concert, cinema or theatre I don't expect or want a detailed analysis of what I've seen I can make my own mind up, looking to closely at things can take the magic out of it.

I agree with you.

A lot of people do do the latter though, certainly with films and tv shows.

I guess some see it, not as taking the magic out, but understanding the magic, and appreciating it more.

I don’t agree. Some revel in it, I have a lot more to say after a bad performance than a good one.

AFTV took off at a time when they were doing (relatively) badly.

I'd have never have guested, everyone is entitled to their opinion of how the team and individuals perform but the inane dissection of every goal and selected incidents is over the top. Virtually every goal scored in the history of the game could have been stopped if someone did something different, you don't need to be an "expert" to see that and if you need telling you not watching, most incident in a game are not clear cut and we all see them differently but only the experts on TV know what is right, the only thing that matters the refs decision, bloody annoying at times but keep picking the bones out of doesn't help or change anything.

I don’t agree. Some revel in it, I have a lot more to say after a bad performance than a good one.

AFTV took off at a time when they were doing (relatively) badly.

That's " You've been framed" TV, people watching for a laugh. I'd certainly watch and listen to football analysis if it had the muppets you see on fans TV doing it as they are just deluded rather than pompous ex pros.

Exactly, Everton were in the game against City, Burnley were in the game against Liverpool, and like Brighton, they still loss. You don't get points for being well drilled and working hard.

People really don't get the reason there is a media narrative against Spurs is because our fans lap it up, love a fudging moan and brick on our own club at any given opportunity. Where is the in depth discussion of how naive De Zerbi is? 96th minute, away from home, you have a point, been under pressure a lot of 2nd half yet half your team is up the pitch and the idiots that were back stopped for an offside trap (in a world of VAR)

Reality of that game, Brighton at their best made it difficult for us, made it hard for us to get a flow
, put the defence under some pressure but really wasn't able to convert it into good chances. Spurs at our best (2nd half), they could get hold of the ball, they were stuck in their half, couldn't get out, we created 1:1's with the keeper, their defence had a number of last ditch type tackles/blocks.

Yes, Maddison, Bentancur are not near the top of their game, team is going to have to relearn that first 11 chemistry (it's been almost 4 months) but we are a good team ..

The first half was a masterclass of sh#thousery from them, I think a player went down injured every 4 or 5 minutes after they scored. Unfortunately in the first half stoppage time of 6mins (and rightly so) we didnt take advantage

In the 2nd half despite it being 1-1 they decided to timewaste at every throw-in, goal-kick. In the 89th minute one of their players went down the board went up for 6mins, they brought on subs and it was 91mins before play restarted

Just like Sheffield United, it came back to bite them. No messing around and we dont get 6mins added....karma, dont you just love it?

My ratings for our players....

Vicario.....6
Porro.......6.5
Romero...8
Vdv..........6
Udogie....6.5
Sarr.........8
Bentancur 5
Maddison 8
Kulu.........7
Richi........6.5
Werner.....6
Subs rated for their impact as Subs
Son..........7
Bissouma 6.5
Johnson..7

Postecoglou ...6

I noted Maddison shielding Vicario 4 times on corners. Vicario distribution poor on multiple occasions hence a 6 rating despite 2 good saves.

The first half was a masterclass of sh#thousery from them, I think a player went down injured every 4 or 5 minutes after they scored. Unfortunately in the first half stoppage time of 6mins (and rightly so) we didnt take advantage

In the 2nd half despite it being 1-1 they decided to timewaste at every throw-in, goal-kick. In the 89th minute one of their players went down the board went up for 6mins, they brought on subs and it was 91mins before play restarted

Just like Sheffield United, it came back to bite them. No messing around and we dont get 6mins added....karma, dont you just love it?
The ref had called 6 minutes before the play acting TBF
And they took 3 minutes to do all of that which was added on

Media and Web average ratings across 10 reports including Football London, Daily Mail, Sky, Standard, Express, Times etc.

Vicario..... 6.85
Porro.........6
Romero.....6.65
Vdv............5.70
Udogie......6
Sarr...........7.45
Bentancur 5.30
Maddison 6.60
Kulu..........6.30
Richi ........6.45
Werner.....5.85
Son...........7