• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Brentford OMT***

That first half was dire. It reminded me of Conteball. Whatever he said at halftime worked
It really did. We were very ponderous. Frank referenced that they pressed us high and played a low block at the same time. That was because of how slowly we moved it. Start of the second half we drove at them with a bit of purpose. It made some difference.

I've not noticed if anyone mentioned the light show before the game, I thought it was impressive, I didn't know what to expect and my son and grandson didn't bother loading their phones (I wouldn't as apart from getting in the ground I only use mine as a phone). Got to look to see if it's on net to show missus.

Not a great game at all. Very good in spells and moments. But struggling too often.

Brentford are a really frustrating team to play against. Especially if you gift them a goal or two as well.

Slightly disappointed that we looked to get frustrated in the first half. Understandable in many ways, but we should know that it cloud be frustrating and not let it affect our play that much. Brentford would have loved to see us frustrated.

Then looking stressed as the second half progressed. Even before the 3-2 goal. Didn't look cohesive.

On the plus side we created quite a lot against a really solid hard working team. We did fight for it even though it wasn't pretty. Players still returning to match fitness and players missing. Hope Bentancur didn't pick up an injury.

Maupay is a clam. As is Thomas Frank. Said our goals were lucky. Is he fudging serious?! Their two goals couldn’t have been bigger gifts! Didn’t he also say they deserved to beat us in August as well? Go listen to your Kraftwerk and try and figure out how to waste even more time when you’re winning.
I try to be tolerant and all-inclusive but I’ll have no slagging off of Kraftwerk on here, even from you Jurgen!

We're going to have to get used to brick like that, teams fear us and this is the best way to stop us.
It's been steadily growing and the weak refs are doing nothing to stop it, even the commentary team mentioned it last night.
Play our game, concentrate on the ball and the run, don't get suckered into tussles and trust in ourselves.

We're going to have to get used to brick like that, teams fear us and this is the best way to stop us.
It's been steadily growing and the weak refs are doing nothing to stop it, even the commentary team mentioned it last night.
Play our game, concentrate on the ball and the run, don't get suckered into tussles and trust in ourselves.
First thing Ange identified in his presser also, says we need lazer focus on our game and the plan. Also mentioned maintaining tempo. It'll come.

While I was infuriated with Brentford’s antics, you can’t blame them for playing to their strengths and for trying to and disrupt us. Who I do take issue with is the ref, who totally lost control and failed stamp it all out. My GHod, he was useless! @GPRD81 - looking forward to your perspective, as a ref, on how he managed the game - or failed in that respect - on the pod!

Apparently the ref was brick because he kept giving us freekicks when Brentford players had won the ball fairly, but never gave them anything when our players were kicking and shoving theirs.

While I was infuriated with Brentford’s antics, you can’t blame them for playing to their strengths and for trying to and disrupt us. Who I do take issue with is the ref, who totally lost control and failed stamp it all out. My GHod, he was useless! @GPRD81 - looking forward to your perspective, as a ref, on how he managed the game - or failed in that respect - on the pod!

There was an early foul that should have resulted in a booking for Brentford, but the ref let it slide - knew at that point the way it was going to go

Still stunned as to why they changed tactics at HT, they were bossing it with the low block.

Back