• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Brentford OMT***

After watching the recording of the game I realise how much I despite Brentford and their manager. When they came up I was pleased for them and their fans after years of struggling around in the lower leagues they made it to the top division. Thier football was basically that of a well organised Sunday morning team, in my prime I could have easily fitted in, why people pay to watch that when they can see it for nothing at their local park is beyond my understanding. Shame on the media for keep talking them up, they are not in the 4th division fighting in a cup tie they are a PL team and should be called out for their negative tactics. I dont watch pundits or listen to commentary but I bet some arsehole used the phrase "game management " in their hot air.

I hate all these bricky little teams, all variations on the same, percentage play brick, break up the game, time waste endlessly, play the most soul crushing punt the fudging ball long over and over hoping one would stick.

All of that I'd partially accept (do what you must to survive), but the fans/media/players brick go OTT. They sing stupid brick, idiot players mocking our celebrations in front of South Stand, fudging manager coming out at the end saying they should have got more from game and we had to shut up shop (because we brought on Dragusin), no fudger, we had no one else on the fudging bench.

Like Brighton, last season, why would De Zerbi leave them for Spurs? seriously fudgers? this season, why would De Zerbi leave them for United, this fudging level of delusion that one or two good seasons makes them a big club .. fudge them, hope they all get relegated ..

Maddison’s comeback was class. Maupay’s was weird and personal “more goals and less relegations than Maddison”. Yes but you’ve only played for lower mid table teams Neal whereas Maddison is playing for a top 4/6 club which you will never do.

Maddison is one of those players that gets under the skin of opposition fans and players it seems.

For the first 10 minutes we were playing through them with ease. Toney started fouling, causing a ruckus, we started getting wound-up, dragged into it, focus went, lost our dynamic sense, started playing through Madders to lock-pick, he's still finding his way into full match awreness/fitness, it all just ground to a stop/start in the first-half. PEH brought some nous and stability in that regard, we upped our speed from the back to front and bang, there we were. Udogie made a mistake. It happens. We're still learning. This is a game we'd have drawn or lost in the previous few years under, err, 'winners' with their 'winning mentality' (the clams).
Spot on for me. Need to learn not to let that frustration get the better of us to the point where it's affecting how well we play our game.

Giving away one goal. Mostly giving away another. Going behind. Getting two ahead, but them then getting one back. Yeah, that's usually dropped points. And the team did manage to turn it around at half time, and they did manage to see out the win even though we were in trouble a couple of times.

Brentford are a tough nut to crack. Scoring three against them after going behind is rather impressive.

For the first 10 minutes we were playing through them with ease. Toney started fouling, causing a ruckus, we started getting wound-up, dragged into it, focus went, lost our dynamic sense, started playing through Madders to lock-pick, he's still finding his way into full match awreness/fitness, it all just ground to a stop/start in the first-half. PEH brought some nous and stability in that regard, we upped our speed from the back to front and bang, there we were. Udogie made a mistake. It happens. We're still learning. This is a game we'd have drawn or lost in the previous few years under, err, 'winners' with their 'winning mentality' (the clams).
I'm seeing a lot of hate for Brentford. I thought that they were fairly impressive for most of the game bar the start of both halves.

They pressed us really high on the goal kicks and made life very difficult for us and they also managed to set themselves very deep when we attacked and forced us into wide areas where we struggled to create anything. We didn't play positively enough or quickly enough to get through the lines and break them down. Their brickhousing was unpleasant but it is what it is. 6 of our players (VdV, Romero, Bentancur, Richy, Deki and Maddison) got involved first half - that says more about our ill-discipline than anything else and it's on us.

Delighted with the three points but it wasn't a great evening for us. Would love to know what Ange said at half time because the difference in the performance at the start of the second half was night and day compared to the rest of the game and particularly a very poor and unprofessional first half.

I'm seeing a lot of hate for Brentford. I thought that they were fairly impressive for most of the game bar the start of both halves.

They pressed us really high on the goal kicks and made life very difficult for us and they also managed to set themselves very deep when we attacked and forced us into wide areas where we struggled to create anything. We didn't play positively enough or quickly enough to get through the lines and break them down. Their brickhousing was unpleasant but it is what it is. 6 of our players (VdV, Romero, Bentancur, Richy, Deki and Maddison) got involved first half - that says more about our ill-discipline than anything else and it's on us.

Delighted with the three points but it wasn't a great evening for us. Would love to know what Ange said at half time because the difference in the performance at the start of the second half was night and day compared to the rest of the game and particularly a very poor and unprofessional first half.
What they did is what most football fans would like to see if up against a clearly better side. Be aggressive, try to wind them up, frustrate them. Get away with as much as the ref will allow.

They do that and a variable/dynamic press really well. Deep, high, mid, whatever is required. They counter well. Mostly direct with settled possession, but can mix it up a bit too.

It's not pretty, it's definitely not comfortable to play against. But it's what's right for them and it's gotten them really far in a relatively short time. Lost their best player for half the season, still outside the relegation zone.

We need to learn how to deal with that better.

Having watched the game live then deep dived on Spursplay....here are my player ratings.

Vicario...6
Porro......6.5
Romero..6.5
Vdv.........6
Udogie...5.5
Skipp......7
Bentanc..6
Madders.8
Kulu.........6
Richi........8.5
Werner.....8
Johnson..7
Hojbjerg..7.5
Posto.......8

Having watched the game live then deep dived on Spursplay....here are my player ratings.

Vicario...6
Porro......6.5
Romero..6.5
Vdv.........6
Udogie...5.5
Skipp......7
Bentanc..6
Madders.8
Kulu.........6
Richi........8.5
Werner.....8
Johnson..7
Hojbjerg..7.5
Posto.......8

Some odd ratings in there

- You think Romero had a better game than VDV?
- Vicario a 6? his save at the end earned us the 3 points.
- Skipp a 7 when he got yanked at HT?

Not really, we were still poor for large parts against an inferior side.

What we did at the start of H2 we should have done at the start of the game.

We shouldn’t be conceding goals and hanging on against sides like that.
Yeah, but you talked about the mentality of the team. As if we were going to roll over. The fact we did come out in the 2nd half and blew them away kinda goes against that.

Rave music from 1992! You'll need to drop some ecstasy to appreciate it.
Started off great with the Prodigy, but then it merged into some awful Euro dance rubbish.

They said that the smartphones' lights would synch with the music and provide an awesome show. Mostly they just flashed on and off either "quite a lot" or "not much" in a fairly random way. Whilst being outshone by the 50 billion megawatt lights on the roof.

Some odd ratings in there

- You think Romero had a better game than VDV?
- Vicario a 6? his save at the end earned us the 3 points.
- Skipp a 7 when he got yanked at HT?
Romero had far more involvement in the game admitted not all good but I rate on contribution as well.
Vicario was partially to blame for the first goal by parrying it straight out. He had some dodgy distribution too, particularly one very firm pass to Vdv that he couldn't control and got poached near our box.
Skipp was not yanked , in fact Ange confirmed Skipp played well, but we needed a reset in MF. So Skipp gets rated effectively as a sub, the same as Hojbjerg and Johnson who both also played half the game.
Feel free to post your own ratings, I had hoped some might, its good for discussion.
I have 10 media/ podcast and website ratings with an average. Taken from Newspapers, TV, Spurs websites and neutral Inc Football London and We are Spurs. They don't all agree and that would be boring.
But an average is produced which is usually a fair representation.....they don't always bare any relation to mine !!

I certainly understand what you're saying, and absolutely. Personally I fudging despised it. Luton were tough, aggressive but never brickhousers like this. I think this style of play can be executed without all the game delaying and nastiness. I accept I might be in a minority here, but I simply cannot find any respect for how they were in that regard.

Yeah, but you talked about the mentality of the team. As if we were going to roll over. The fact we did come out in the 2nd half and blew them away kinda goes against that.

nah, I want the mentality to be spot on from whistle to whistle, we got ourselves out of jail, but good mentality never goes there in the first place

Started off great with the Prodigy, but then it merged into some awful Euro dance rubbish.

They said that the smartphones' lights would synch with the music and provide an awesome show. Mostly they just flashed on and off either "quite a lot" or "not much" in a fairly random way. Whilst being outshone by the 50 billion megawatt lights on the roof.
I've seen a vid from another game and they synced perfectly, maybe the angle the guy was filming from?

A promising start, then 45 minutes of dross followed by 10 or 15 minutes of sheer joy that made me wonder whether perhaps I'd had some sort of seizure and was hallucinating, and then back to the pain and suffering again, with a suicidal no-look back-pass that I feel sure is not one of those Ange-ball things Postecoglou asks them to do thrown in for good measure. A far, far more tense end than it ever should have been at 3-1, and the ever-present threat that watching this team is actually going to give me a stroke one of these days.

Back