• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Bournemouth OMT***

Only if he isn't required to defend.

Which isn't his strength he is a WF. And like Son said himself, under Ange we defend from the front which plays to the strengths of the players, not setting them up to do things they are uncomfortable with

I thought he was massively biased to them, they are a very dirty team and should have had a couple of red cards.
Their best chance of scoring came from fouling Biss. Only one yellow for a team that was losing, had less of the ball and made the most fouls is a story on itself, the elbow on vdv not mentioned but Perisic shown on Motd(I do think he took a risk in retaliating and you expect more with his experience) and I still think that handball was the difference between Richy getting his shot off rather than having the ball behind him)

Their best chance of scoring came from fouling Biss. Only one yellow for a team that was losing, had less of the ball and made the most fouls is a story on itself, the elbow on vdv not mentioned but Perisic shown on Motd(I do think he took a risk in retaliating and you expect more with his experience) and I still think that handball was the difference between Richy getting his shot off rather than having the ball behind him)
I’ve noticed the editing on MOTD more and more in recent years, they really can and do create a narrative or impression of an incident (or game) that’s simply not true.

that Perisic incident for a start, they showed no context for it, had they showed literally 2 seconds of footage more at the start of that incident you’d see the foul by Aarons and the reason for the shirt push. Like you say they didn’t even show the elbow on VDV.

really does make me question the highlights I’m being shown in all those other matches that I don’t see live myself.

I’ve noticed the editing on MOTD more and more in recent years, they really can and do create a narrative or impression of an incident (or game) that’s simply not true.

that Perisic incident for a start, they showed no context for it, had they showed literally 2 seconds of footage more at the start of that incident you’d see the foul by Aarons and the reason for the shirt push. Like you say they didn’t even show the elbow on VDV.

really does make me question the highlights I’m being shown in all those other matches that I don’t see live myself.

Watch highlights on youtube. Probably twice as much footage of the game if not more.

Watch highlights on youtube. Probably twice as much footage of the game if not more.
99% of people will be taking their opinions of “other” matches from MOTD, not YouTube. Most people won’t have the time to watch extended highlights of each game on YouTube, they’ll take the hours coverage the bbc provide.

The editing of footage and commentating are a couple of bug bears of mine. You can totally see people just parroting what commentators say as if it’s gospel. I have to say I enjoy the US coverage of football much better than the UK coverage, it’s soo much more balanced. I tune in to their coverage whenever there is that option.

99% of people will be taking their opinions of “other” matches from MOTD, not YouTube. Most people won’t have the time to watch extended highlights of each game on YouTube, they’ll take the hours coverage the bbc provide.

The editing of footage and commentating are a couple of bug bears of mine. You can totally see people just parroting what commentators say as if it’s gospel. I have to say I enjoy the US coverage of football much better than the UK coverage, it’s soo much more balanced. I tune in to their coverage whenever there is that option.

I agree people take their word as gospel as you say, they are all blokes who nobody will employ as a coach or manager and few can hide their bias, I stop listening a few years ago and I have far less arguments with the TV.

Checking out some Bournemouth reaction and all they're talking about is how the match was lost before kickoff because the ref gave us everything and VAR never bothered with anything that could have gone their way. Not sure what they were watching, but I felt the ref was fairly evenhanded.

Wasnt there also a possible handball for us before the first goal that VAR did not even seem to look at?

Modern media is all about generating clicks and eyeballs quickly... The more controversy the better... More responses downstream

We all create our own little narratives on here too don't we.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Highlights usually accentuate attacking moves. What we need is a fouls and cheat reel of challenges and tackles per game.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

I would like less TV not more, when I was a kid there was no football on tele, you just watched a live game and made up your own decisions on players and teams, no having your heros ripped apart from some windbag.

I would like less TV not more, when I was a kid there was no football on tele, you just watched a live game and made up your own decisions on players and teams, no having your heros ripped apart from some windbag.
And rockstars threw TVs out of bedroom windows. I feel you could kill two birds with one stone here.

There were no rockstars when I was a kid, we had Max Bygraves and Dennis Lotis and no one had a tele in the bedroom just a sibling who you would have joyfully thrown out the window.

Well, Mr D.Soc, being of only a marginally more recent vintage than your fine self, and quite a music fan, I’d never heard of Dennis Lotis before so looked him up. While his songs are not to my taste I’ve got to admire somebody who, according to Wikipedia, ‘has an extensive collection of pipes.’

Well, Mr D.Soc, being of only a marginally more recent vintage than your fine self, and quite a music fan, I’d never heard of Dennis Lotis before so looked him up. While his songs are not to my taste I’ve got to admire somebody who, according to Wikipedia, ‘has an extensive collection of pipes.’

A crack head?

His music is best described as bland but it was a monochrome world back then.

Back