• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Bournemouth OMT***

Porro was an interesting one today, I'm not sure I fully understand the inverted fullback system as arguably it takes away one of Porro's strengths as he's not overlapping Kulu to be able to whip crosses in, as well as an easy outball on the right flank when playing out from the back. That said, he looked comfortable when receiving the ball in the midfield areas and did really well when called upon defensively.

Glad Pedro is looking a very solid part of the team in the first couple of games. Obviously players (especially young ones like him) need time to settle in but you've got to worry about a player giving away a goal a game irrespective of whatever else is going on a la Foyth, happy he has moved past that phase.

Think he is more of a goal threat than Emerson. He has a really decent strike on him.

It is a clever system as it forces the opposing wide forwards into spaces that they are rarely good at defending.

I think its funny how Arteta is pushing the envelope completely by playing a CM in the FB position and then asking him to invert into CM. Surely they have to have some FB attributes to make it work?

It's worth getting another defender and a striker..or attacking midfielder before the window closes if possible. OK we need to sell
players and it will cost us but if we can make a real challenge for the top four the cash coming in should then cover our losses!
We need these players to cover injuries etc. That's what clubs do that are winners they have depth in their squads.
Anyway.....OK, I've mentioned the obvious...but 1961 still hangs around our necks for a League win.
Well done the Spurs players for today's result.

We have over 30 players (over 21) only 25 can be in the squad. Big clubs used to get away with it because of the loan rules. Those have changed and we are limited to 7.

We should have money. We should shift players. Think any club wanting players from the big teams are going to wait to get the best deal. We are not the only club looking to shift. Unfortunately the saudis don't have an eye on us.

Think he is more of a goal threat than Emerson. He has a really decent strike on him.

Absolutely, more of a natural finisher and seems to have the ball control required. That was clear from the off but less of the defensive disasters is more key for me, whether that's a result of the system or personal improvement is a question beyond my comprehension, either way I'm happy as long as it lasts!

Both him and Royal provide excellent options, there's not been much mention of Spence but seems to be good coverage even if Djed were to leave on loan / permanent.

We have over 30 players (over 21) only 25 can be in the squad. Big clubs used to get away with it because of the loan rules. Those have changed and we are limited to 7.

We should have money. We should shift players. Think any club wanting players from the big teams are going to wait to get the best deal. We are not the only club looking to shift. Unfortunately the saudis don't have an eye on us.

OK, I accept these other players are problematic and the accepted amount in the squad would be too many. In that case, we should say to these players....look guys do you want to just sit on your hands or move on to pastures green and play football..
Prove yourselves and play the game you love...lol No they are not good enough to do that most probably and are satisfied with the money they are being paid for...it seems like doing nothing.. except for workouts in the gym..
Yep, it's a bit of a dilemma.

Is this gonna be another of your "I like players who don't play well and lack technical ability" crusades. I like Richy I have no beef with him, but he's barely had a good 15 minutes let alone the reverse.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Almost seems like the worse they play the more he likes a player.

could be, although I'd describe it as "I like players that work hard and follow the managers tactical instructions" crusades.

By following tactical instructions do you mean not scoring, assisting, creating, spending half the game on the floor, being bullied by tiny opponents like Lisandro Martinez, picking up silly bookings and falling over the ball? Is that why Ange keeps subbing him? We could literally get anyone from the reserves or the youth team who will work hard.

I dont get why we have whiteman still in our team if he is going to be a nr 1 then he should have made more at age 25.

At the time I think:
Out:
Nbombele
Reguilon
Sess
Whiteman
Lloris
Sanchez
Tanganga
Dier

loan out
Gil
Spence
Phillips

buy:
Cd
Striker

I dont get why we have whiteman still in our team if he is going to be a nr 1 then he should have made more at age 25.

At the time I think:
Out:
Nbombele
Reguilon
Sess
Whiteman
Lloris
Sanchez
Tanganga
Dier

loan out
Gil
Spence
Phillips

buy:
Cd
Striker

Ange was asked about lloris yesterday. He said we will only have 2 gk's in the squad (guessing forster and an u21 as backup). So looks like whiteman will be gone too.

Ange was asked about lloris yesterday. He said we will only have 2 gk's in the squad (guessing forster and an u21 as backup). So looks like whiteman will be gone too.

Whitman had an op on his ankle during the end of pre season, so could the 2 keepers be only 2 fit keepers?

No idea how long Whiteman will be out for

I love the way we get the ball now and the first thought is attack. Last season we would knock it around at the back looking for space waiting for gaps to open. Under Ange, we get the ball and there is no faffing around, and its great to watch. As a result we seem to start games on the front foot and the opposition know they are in for a tough afternoon. This team has intent - and it’s great to see. It will be interesting to see how we cope with City, Arse and Liverpoo - or conversely, how they cope with us….

We definitely have out Tottenham back.

3 Games in?

"And we are Hot-take Tottenham"

30f29chas1REX-485671.jpg

Is that poncy foreign lager Dave & Chas are toasting with? Not even Courage Best? Shocking.

Arthur Rowe was (even!) before my time but I imagine yesterday's performance was how "push and run" is supposed to work. On top of that, you have players - most notably Maddison, Udogie and Bissouma - who are prepared to try to beat players, going for the highish risk, highish reward option.
I thought the substitutions were excellent. Richi had a good first half, IMV, but was going through a bad spell while our central midfield was starting to be bullied by Semenyo, so bringing on PEH for Sarr added some much-needed ballast at that stage of the game.
GLC did not do much while Skipp had one or two nice "let the ball beat the man" moments - not quite Trevor Brooking but in that vein - and for once I was confident with 20 minutes to go we would win the game and possibly even extend our lead.

Checking out some Bournemouth reaction and all they're talking about is how the match was lost before kickoff because the ref gave us everything and VAR never bothered with anything that could have gone their way. Not sure what they were watching, but I felt the ref was fairly evenhanded.

Checking out some Bournemouth reaction and all they're talking about is how the match was lost before kickoff because the ref gave us everything and VAR never bothered with anything that could have gone their way. Not sure what they were watching, but I felt the ref was fairly evenhanded.

Yeh they tried kicking 7 sheets out of us

I thought he was massively biased to them, they are a very dirty team and should have had a couple of red cards.

Back