• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Bournemouth OMT***

When we look at the strong, even dominant, performances of Bissouma, Sarr, and the overall response by players who were on Spurs last season to Ange's more attacking approach, all you can say is 'what a fcuking indictment of Antonio Conte'. It'll be a desperate club that wants to subject their fans to his brand of drab misery in future.

It was always more of a fact that he seemed unwilling to work with players that are seemingly proving to be better than how they were being coached. I get he has exacting standards but I will always maintain his lack of empathy for want of a better terms was hamstringing himself. People who were tired of the club and Levy will hold how he left up to make him a hero, for me it was a glaring example of why things didn't work

I think he looks an exceptional talent who is going to learn on the job, but I don't see that as a downside (not saying you do BTW).

I don't see the vast difference in us blooding him in and paying 100m plus for Rice or Caicedo, for me the margins are small for a player like that IMO.

Im sure I will take some heat for that comment but honestly, he has all the ability and tools there

Totally, he’ll have ups and downs being so young and we’ll have to take the odd mistake in our stride.

I thought it was interesting Ange made the change fairly early (maybe it was unrelated) and didn’t let it fester while we were under the cosh.

How/to who? Who is excluded by calling someone man of the match in a mens football game?

Idgaf personally as player of the match/man of the match as a title for an award is interchangeable but i just find the argument that one is more inclusive than the other a bit weak in this instance

Could there be an argument that it’s more inclusive for people watching and it’s more intended for that audience (rather than the player(s)?

Could there be an argument that it’s more inclusive for people watching and it’s more intended for that audience (rather than the player(s)?

Absolutely but interestingly I am watching the cricket and there are two games played on the same day in the same stadium and have been defined by the womens game and the mens game, not sure how you get round defining things like that whilst keeping everyone happy.

There has to be some level of definition in society or it would be out and out carnage

Maddison was man of the match, but special mentions to VDV, Romero, Udogie and Porro.

Porro was an interesting one today, I'm not sure I fully understand the inverted fullback system as arguably it takes away one of Porro's strengths as he's not overlapping Kulu to be able to whip crosses in, as well as an easy outball on the right flank when playing out from the back. That said, he looked comfortable when receiving the ball in the midfield areas and did really well when called upon defensively.

Glad Pedro is looking a very solid part of the team in the first couple of games. Obviously players (especially young ones like him) need time to settle in but you've got to worry about a player giving away a goal a game irrespective of whatever else is going on a la Foyth, happy he has moved past that phase.

Porro was an interesting one today, I'm not sure I fully understand the inverted fullback system as arguably it takes away one of Porro's strengths as he's not overlapping Kulu to be able to whip crosses in, as well as an easy outball on the right flank when playing out from the back. That said, he looked comfortable when receiving the ball in the midfield areas and did really well when called upon defensively.

Glad Pedro is looking a very solid part of the team in the first couple of games. Obviously players (especially young ones like him) need time to settle in but you've got to worry about a player giving away a goal a game irrespective of whatever else is going on a la Foyth, happy he has moved past that phase.
Porros crossing is great
But the system seems to be all about overloads and retaining the ball
Porro does that well enough

I don't get why they call it inverted. They are on the correct side. Just playing closer to the middle.

Porro and Udogie have shown they can get in the box and score. They are players that in their position are not normally marked closely when they come inside. They do seem to lose their opposition assignments quite easily. We are not a crossing side now.. We will be intricate around the box etc. Both full backs though need pace. We leave space out wide. So their ability to track back with speed is needed.

It is a clever system as it forces the opposing wide forwards into spaces that they are rarely good at defending.

Averaging 2 goals a game, with 5 different goal scorers and the ever-present Owen Goal bagging one too. What's encouraging is that this is also coming from a 2.0 xG average. In other words, we're deservedly scoring these goals (which is pretty evident when looking at the games, but the data backs it up too). As long as we keep this up, it really doesn't matter who is doing the scoring and if Richie and Son get 10-15 goals each, or if Romero ends up being our top scorer. Which means we can afford to give Sonny and Richie time to click. Their lack of scoring is in no way holding us back. If anything, the fact we are getting goals from all over the pitch will make it even more difficult for the opposition to figure out who to focus on, which could open up chances for Richie in future games.

Ok just got back. (Pub, not Bournemouth).

Great. Loved it.

Richarlison needs to sort his head out. As soon as he got the yellow i said pull him off and put son in the middle.

He's not a bad player, i think his problem is mental at the moment. Frustration and indecisiveness.

Is this gonna be another of your "I like players who don't play well and lack technical ability" crusades. I like Richy I have no beef with him, but he's barely had a good 15 minutes let alone the reverse.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

could be, although I'd describe it as "I like players that work hard and follow the managers tactical instructions" crusades.

I don't get why they call it inverted. They are on the correct side. Just playing closer to the middle.

Porro and Udogie have shown they can get in the box and score. They are players that in their position are not normally marked closely when they come inside. They do seem to lose their opposition assignments quite easily. We are not a crossing side now.. We will be intricate around the box etc. Both full backs though need pace. We leave space out wide. So their ability to track back with speed is needed.

It's not fm where they play on the opposite side of their strongest foot. Moore they cut in to the middle while leaving the wingers wider.

Tbf i have no idea on football terms these days. There are so many.

And we're still first after the afternoon results. :p

It's worth getting another defender and a striker..or attacking midfielder before the window closes if possible. OK we need to sell
players and it will cost us but if we can make a real challenge for the top four the cash coming in should then cover our losses!
We need these players to cover injuries etc. That's what clubs do that are winners they have depth in their squads.
Anyway.....OK, I've mentioned the obvious...but 1961 still hangs around our necks for a League win.
Well done the Spurs players for today's result.

It was always more of a fact that he seemed unwilling to work with players that are seemingly proving to be better than how they were being coached. I get he has exacting standards but I will always maintain his lack of empathy for want of a better terms was hamstringing himself. People who were tired of the club and Levy will hold how he left up to make him a hero, for me it was a glaring example of why things didn't work

I don't know what Conte wanted from a central midfielder. Almost like they were pointless in his system.

Back