• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Bournemouth OMT***

How/to who? Who is excluded by calling someone man of the match in a mens football game?

Idgaf personally as player of the match/man of the match as a title for an award is interchangeable but i just find the argument that one is more inclusive than the other a bit weak in this instance

Its low hanging fruit for the sport to feel better about itself

We just had a world cup in a country whose minister declared "no gays allowed" before the tournament and everyone made excuses for it because people don't want their entertainment disrupted. To have focus changes on things like man of the match seems like a compromised box tick

3 Games in?

"And we are Hot-take Tottenham"

30f29chas1REX-485671.jpg
maddison, udogie...

he's had a bad 15 mins in three games, think its OTT the top myself, I'm more worried about Son and Kulu

Son and Kulu have a LOT more credit in the bank than Richarlison. And they’re not getting tripped up by the ball and picking up needless, silly bookings. It seems you like Richarlison the more he doesn’t score. He could play 100 games for us and not score and you’d call him the GOAT.

Its crazy because we know Richarlison has the ability. Wasn`t his goal at the world cup voted goal of the tournament? Remember his first 2 goals for us in the champions league? 2 great headers. He just needs that first goal this year to boost him

Well that was bloody brilliant. We're going to concede chances when it gets as stretched as it did in the middle period of the match, but it's so nice to see us attacking.

The movement is really good, there's always someone showing for the ball and players rarely hanging on to the ball too long.

Long may it continue

Yeah the movement is outstanding. The tactic Gary Neville criticised us for last week with Porro coming inside for the pass actually worked well on a couple of occasions today. Probably helped that Bournemouth’s press backed off after we played through it a few times.

Thought Porro has looked defensively much better the last two weeks and I was far from a fan. Interesting if Ange can make a full back of him.

When we look at the strong, even dominant, performances of Bissouma, Sarr, and the overall response by players who were on Spurs last season to Ange's more attacking approach, all you can say is 'what a fcuking indictment of Antonio Conte'. It'll be a desperate club that wants to subject their fans to his brand of drab misery in future.

To be fair to Conte, he got us top 4 from a bricky position and had us top 4 when he went (albeit there is some context there). If Ange gets similar positions, he’ll have done very well indeed.

Obviously, we’re infinitely better to watch and I like this team a lot more but Conte wasn’t a failure, results wise, at our club. He did well. Just a shame he was a clam playing boring football to do it,

Don't think it's fair to say his wobble led to the crisis, everyone came out sluggish in the 2nd half. IMO Hojberg was the remedy for that, not sulking about not starting but instead managing to steady the ship, gotta love it.

As for Richy, he looked good in the first half and was involved in build up play and was unlucky in the chance he was crowded out of with a potential handball.

It was an unfortunate stumble followed by him ending a counter but a "weakling" mentally is super harsh, I'd go as far to say that that is a flimflam call. He will keep on trying and that's a massive strength, nobody is expecting 30 goals a season but he still played his part in a solid away win today.

Yeah, he is a fudging weakling and it nearly cost us, when he kicked out. That could have easily been a red card. He is a head dropper.

To be fair to Conte, he got us top 4 from a bricky position and had us top 4 when he went (albeit there is some context there). If Ange gets similar positions, he’ll have done very well indeed.

Obviously, we’re infinitely better to watch and I like this team a lot more but Conte wasn’t a failure, results wise, at our club. He did well. Just a shame he was a clam playing boring football to do it,
Yeah, but how we got the results was unsustainable. With Ange you expect you'll win. With Conte you were hoping you wouldn't lose and maybe eek out a win.

And their motto is so different.

Conte: I hate to lose
Ange: I go for the win

Yeh I think its multi layered, Conte did well first season and is obviously a good manager, you can't knock it but he is a man for different circumstances longer term these days.

Different managers for different circumstances, this does have all the feelings of a better fit

Son and Kulu have a LOT more credit in the bank than Richarlison. And they’re not getting tripped up by the ball and picking up needless, silly bookings. It seems you like Richarlison the more he doesn’t score. He could play 100 games for us and not score and you’d call him the GOAT.
He’d only do that if Richarlison suddenly becomes left footed and unable to do anything other than stand on his right….

Back