• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs ASTON VILLA - OMT

Disappointing scoreline. Acceptable team performance. Lucky goal from them. A couple of our players need to step up. Would love to see Bale stay wider and Ade to actually be more static up top. With the way we play it's pointless having him run the channels. Stay central and attack the 6 yard box FFS!

Ok this is a seriously big 45 minute half comin up. Gotta score early and just attack em. The thing is we look much better on the break so maybe just maybe our tactic shuld be to give em the ball and we nick it and hit em on the break.

Oh yeah and

BALE STICK TO THE fudgeIN LEFT. IM INFURIATED

You're being sarcastic, but to an extent that is what we've been lacking a bit. Villa have had too many attacks because we're a little gung ho. We are best when we are patient, and attacking with shape and a solid foundation. We need to stay patient, get hold of the ball and have a few minutes having them chasing shadows whilst we knock it around.

Shape? I think your being sarcastic

Watched United trash them a few games back. Carrick and Scholes in the middle, Valencia and Young on the wings, hugging the touchline, Rooney and Welbeck up top. They simply passed the ball from side to side, stretched the defense and let Young and Valencia attempt to take on their man. Scholes and Carrick really kept the ball moving quickly and I think eventually Villa got tired. Against a parked bus, we have to rely on someone taking on a defender to break up their system. That gets defenders out of position, away from the man they're marking and that opens up space to work with.

Can you text this to someone who can read it to Redknapp at HT? Cheers.

Okay what to do lads?

They're clearly going to defend in numbers and throw their bodies in the way. So what do we do? Slice through them with pace? Use proepr wingers and cross into the box? Reverse wingers (Azza on the left, etc)? We are pushing numbers up and are in danger of counter-attacks but we have no choice. Modric needs to link up better with the front two IMO.

Really are missing BAE, he was like a second winger.

I know there's 45 mins left but if we can't beat this brick villa side then we are not worthy to be in the champions league

Here we go again with the nonsense expectations and arrogant attitude towards other clubs :lol: We're away from home! I actually had this game down as a draw, but we really do need to win it to stop me having a heart attack on the final day :lol:

Ok this is a seriously big 45 minute half comin up. Gotta score early and just attack em. The thing is we look much better on the break so maybe just maybe our tactic shuld be to give em the ball and we nick it and hit em on the break.

Oh yeah and

BALE STICK TO THE fudgeIN LEFT. IM INFURIATED

I've lost count of the times Bale got the ball, knocked it to someone and then went into the middle. They should attack a shock collar to his neck and give him a jolt whenever he goes away from the wing.

I guess this ref thinks it's alright for Villa players to shove Spurs players over all afternoon then.

I mentioned to the wife at the start of the match that when he ran on, he kissed his wedding ring and looked up at the sky. I suspect this means he's religious in some way.

I don't understand how a professional football association can allow religious types to referee. By definition, being religious means you base your decisions on blind faith and ignorance rather than common sense and logic. I can't see how/why it's allowed.

Okay what to do lads?

They're clearly going to defend in numbers and throw their bodies in the way. So what do we do? Slice through them with pace? Use proepr wingers and cross into the box? Reverse wingers (Azza on the left, etc)? We are pushing numbers up and are in danger of counter-attacks but we have no choice. Modric needs to link up better with the front two IMO.

Really are missing BAE, he was like a second winger.

We're trying to up the tempo and play it forward faster, it doesn't suit us. And it certainly doesn't suit Ade. We need to be more patient, play with a bit more shape. If we are going to keep trying to play to the front man faster than Ade has to come off, and Saha needs to come on.

I feel like I've seen this game a hundred times before, but this is unlucky so far and if they keep their heads up and keep trying, we might get the result. I'm not going to tear my hair out just yet anyway.

Back