• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Arsenal OMT***

I agree it’s nerve wracking and risky — and we will get picked off, like Brighton did yesterday — but it’s a vital part of our setup, to draw the opposition out. Once we beat the first press then we can really punish them.

This is true but I do feel we started taking possession extremely deep and very short yesterday, probably because of the press, and we were a bit slow - taking more touches.

Once we actually took the ball in the 18 yard box as opposed to the 6 we looked a lot more positive and seemed to be able to create better angles more quickly to get through the midfield.

Nervy, “fun” to watch… I just don’t want us dropping so deep tar we actually make it harder for ourselves.

I saw the ref report from the weekend. Or whatever it was where Dermot O'leary said Romero should have been sent off as well. Now debating if the arm is in a "natural" position or not. I remember the Law used to be if you stopped a goal with your hand you got a red. But this was not intentional. So Penalty yes, but Red? its not like he saved it.

Correct. I know that we play from the back.
However, it is really risky passing to the GK, specially while being pressed.
We gave Arsenal a few chances there.

Seems to be the tactic. Draw the press then break through leaving a number of their players forward. So we can outnumber them when we attack.

Is dangerous and i think is what postecoglu means when he says we have to be brave and he wont blame players for mistakes.

hearing a lot about the Gabriel Jesus chance and that they missed chances. Going through some videos on YT etc. Most seems to say the result was fair. And that we could have won. Wrighty even said something similar. But lets look at their chances. I can remember the Saka cross to Jesus at a very tight angle and then Jesus robbed Madders but that is not a created chance. After that? I dont remember much.

hearing a lot about the Gabriel Jesus chance and that they missed chances. Going through some videos on YT etc. Most seems to say the result was fair. And that we could have won. Wrighty even said something similar. But lets look at their chances. I can remember the Saka cross to Jesus at a very tight angle and then Jesus robbed Madders but that is not a created chance. After that? I dont remember much.
There wasn’t anything else
Their penalty was their last shot on target
That came form a shot that if it went in, would have been disallowed or handball by white
They had nothing else all half

I don't understand why handball is complicated so much in comparison with other fouls. There's a lot of talk about 'deliberate' and 'unnatural position', but no other foul is held to that level of judgment so I don't know why handball should be. It's simple for me: if it hits a player's arm and that team gains an advantage from that, then it's a foul. The only exception to that is when arms are fully by one's side.
If I'm not wrong handball has a special distinction from a foul in the rulebook maybe because the intent is different?

Foul = to hurt a player
Handball = seek an unnatural advantage in play

Perhaps there are all sorts of philosophical debates to ensure the spirit of the law.

But I agree it's going nowhere and the playground definition of ball hitting forearm/hands is probably the best way forward.

Back