• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Anderlecht OMT ***

Indeed which is why it is disappointing to hear people who were at the game last night saying that the crowd were getting on the players' backs. This is a young side, they need our support. They are not going to get it right every time, there will be blips and mistakes along the way but moaning is not going to make it any better.

I found it a very frustrating watch. We were by far the best team 2-0 up and yet it was frustrating to watch.

It is the price we are paying for bringing the youngsters through, I can understand that but it does not make it any less stressful.

That's a good point. I want him fit and fighting on Sunday

Agreed. I think high work rate from Lamela, Dembele, Alli and Kane will be very important against Arsenal.

To some extent I think Alli can just about manage to play a ton, at least physically. He seems to be exceptionally fit as well as "young and hungry". Not sure about Dembele though as his fitness issues have reportedly been ongoing for a while and 3 starts in 6 days might be a bit much even if he was given a 20 minute breather against Villa. Lamela works super hard, but does also visibly tire. I think we have to start Kane, try to give us the best possible chance to get a lead in the first hour so we can chill a bit after that. Kane has managed fixture congestion well in the past iirc.

A "front 6" of Dier, Mason, Alli, Eriksen, Son and Kane seems like a good balance between resting players for Arsenal and putting out a strong team against Anderlecht. Though not sure Son is ready to start as he wasn't even on the bench against Villa. Right side of midfield is a bit of a problem spot if Lamela is to be given a rest. Townsend has been very frustrating and Son returning from injury...

Agreed. I think high work rate from Lamela, Dembele, Alli and Kane will be very important against Ar5ena1.

To some extent I think Alli can just about manage to play a ton, at least physically. He seems to be exceptionally fit as well as "young and hungry". Not sure about Dembele though as his fitness issues have reportedly been ongoing for a while and 3 starts in 6 days might be a bit much even if he was given a 20 minute breather against Villa. Lamela works super hard, but does also visibly tire. I think we have to start Kane, try to give us the best possible chance to get a lead in the first hour so we can chill a bit after that. Kane has managed fixture congestion well in the past iirc.

A "front 6" of Dier, Mason, Alli, Eriksen, Son and Kane seems like a good balance between resting players for Ar5ena1 and putting out a strong team against Anderlecht. Though not sure Son is ready to start as he wasn't even on the bench against Villa. Right side of midfield is a bit of a problem spot if Lamela is to be given a rest. Townsend has been very frustrating and Son returning from injury...

Dembele can play on the right but that would call into question how involved he could be against Arsenal

Onomah looked handy for his shirt cameo - maybe start Lamela on RM with a view to replacing him after 60.
Unless Onomah is ready to start - which none of us know

Dembele can play on the right but that would call into question how involved he could be against Ar5ena1

Yeah, I would rather see a fully fresh and rested Dembele against Arsenal personally.

Onomah looked handy for his shirt cameo - maybe start Lamela on RM with a view to replacing him after 60.
Unless Onomah is ready to start - which none of us know

Not really a right sided option either, though I definitely wouldn't mind to see him get a start. Lamela, Son, Townsend and Dembele seem to be the most natural fits for that position. I'm guessing Pochettino ends up going with Lamela or Townsend...

--------------------Lloris----------------------

--Trippier---Fazio----Wimmer---Davies--

---------------Mason----Winks--------------

---Dembele-------Eriksen-------Son---

-----------------------Njie------------------------

Last edited:
It would be amazing to see Son back!!!

Hoping for - Loris, Trippier, Wimmer, Vertonghen, Davies, Dier, Mason, Townsend, Son, Onomah, Njie

Worried Wimmer and Njie are injured... did it ever come out why NJie wasn't on the bench? Also with townsend being a supreme rooster (allegedly) he might not get a minute of football with us again. But it would be nice to have a mix of first teasers and squad players

Who are the players that will be key against Arsenal? Start from there and then choose Thursday's team accordingly. Have the likes of Kane, Lamela, Walker on the bench to come on if necessary. Rest Verts, Rose, Alli and Dembele.

Team is therefore:

Lloris

Trippier
Wimmer
Alder
Davies

Dier

Townsend ( really last chance saloon)
Mason
Eriksen
Son

Nige

Why are people looking for trippier and Townsend when it was so fuct up in the reverse fixture? If they are Pochs tactics I'd suggest he's not learning from experience.

Why are people looking for trippier and Townsend when it was so fuct up in the reverse fixture? If they are Pochs tactics I'd suggest he's not learning from experience.

I agree they are not ideal, but for me the Arsenal game is more important. It is a shame we have so many injuries. They are in by default.

Yeah. To some extent I almost think that if Townsend start a very good point can be made for Walker starting too.

I agree with Pirate in looking at who we want against le Scum and work from there. But let's look at who started against Villa first:

Lloris
Walker -- Toby -- Jan -- Rose
Dier -- Alli
Lamela -- Dembele -- Eriksen
Kane
Against le Scum we would probably want:
Lloris
Walker -- Toby -- Jan -- Rose
Dier -- Mason/Alli
Lamela -- Eriksen -- Son
Kane
Which means against Anderlecht we should play:

Lloris
Walker -- Toby -- Wimmer -- Davies
Dembele -- Alli/Mason
Lamela/Onomah -- Eriksen -- N'jie/Son
Kane/N'jie​

So Eriksen, Toby, and Walker play every match and the slashes indicate for the most part start/sub (not necessarily in the order listed). It's a tough call for sure, but I think the above squad can do the job against the Dutch, especially if we have the two speed demons (N'jie, Son) playing together.

For everyone naming teams with injured players.
Our long term injured currently are Carroll, Fazio, Pritchard and Chadli.
Rose picked up a knock in the last game and isn't training.
Son and Bentaleb are back training.
Walker, N'Jie missed training today along with Townsend who is on the naughty step.
So its pretty safe to assume Fazio, Rose, Walker, Carroll, Chadli, Townsend, Pritchard and N'Jie are all out of contention for Thursday.

Walker, N'Jie missed training today along with Townsend who is on the naughty step.
So its pretty safe to assume Fazio, Rose, Walker, Carroll, Chadli, Townsend, Pritchard and N'Jie are all out of contention for Thursday.
Fazio was on the bench Monday - now I know Villa are brick, but......

Source?

I agree, we need to win tomorrow so we need a strong team and neither of them should be in it.

Heung-Min Son is ready to return for Tottenham in tomorrow’s (Thursday’s) Europa League group game against Anderlecht at White Hart Lane, but Clinton Njie is unlikely to play and Nabil Bentaleb will also be absent again.

Summer signing Son has missed the last six games with a foot injury, but Pochettino said: “He is ready and is in the squad for tomorrow. We need to decide if it is in the starting 11 or be on the bench. He is much better and we are happy with the recovery.”

Although he is only just returning from the treatment room, the South Korea international could be called up to represent his country for their upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Myanmar and Laos on November 12 and November 17 respectively.

Pochettino may have his own thoughts on the matter and he said: “He wants to go, it is normal. You want to play for your country.

“We need to speak a little bit to arrive at the best thing for him, for his national team and for us. It is a very long way [to go]. It is another matter and we need to speak with him and with the national team.”

While Son is available again, another summer recruit – Clinton Njie – missed Monday’s night game against Aston Villa and looks set to be sidelined tomorrow evening as well, although his problem is not serious.

“Clinton has a small issue with his hamstring,” said Pochettino. “Maybe for Arsenal [on Sunday] he will be available to be selected.”

Nabil Bentaleb has also been out of action, missing the last 11 games with an ankle injury, and Pochettino said: “He is not match fit. He is in training and he is doing some exercise with the group and some alone. He is close to coming back.”

Alex Pritchard and Nacer Chadli are also injured.

http://www.london24.com/sport/footb...njie_is_unlikely_to_face_anderlecht_1_4297126

Footage from today's training session is available on the OS: http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/live-training-a-spurs-tv-first-041115/

Back