• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton Wanderers****OMT

lets hope our coaching staff have spent more

He’s the Swedish army knife on here, placed at RB / RWB / CM /AM / RF in hypothetical line ups...Could see him being lined up for GK as well after today.

I appreciate he's versatile, but he's a forward thinking player, to sort our MF we need a destroyer

The positives:

Hugo (short term)
Reggie
Romero.
Skipp.
Bentancur.
Sarr. (Hopefully)
Son.
Kane.

It's a good 8 to build upon.

Replacing 3 or 4 of the others (all squad level) with starters would make a difference.

The fight for 4th is going to be a tough one for everyone - no-one in that race looks good enough, but all look equally average.

I’m not just pinning blame on Conte because, you’re right, 4 people with far more knowledge than me have struggled with these lads. But I’m judging what’s happened in front of me. Southampton and Wolves deserved their wins. Not just because of individual mistakes and individual poor performances. They were set up better than us. Some of that responsibility is with the manager. I have faith in him but he can’t just be excused for Wednesday and today because Poch, Jose and Nuno also struggled. The performances have not been anywhere near good enough.

I just hope Levy realises that he has backed the players on 3 different occasions now and he needs to consider going the other way. Conte isn't perfect and I think he is too tactically stubborn not to mention crap in Europe. However Levy hired him and has to back him. Backing Conte comes with costs and unless Daniel does so, I do not see any way out of this. Conte needs different players to do what he wants to do.

I’m not just pinning blame on Conte because, you’re right, 4 people with far more knowledge than me have struggled with these lads. But I’m judging what’s happened in front of me. Southampton and Wolves deserved their wins. Not just because of individual mistakes and individual poor performances. They were set up better than us. Some of that responsibility is with the manager. I have faith in him but he can’t just be excused for Wednesday and today because Poch, Jose and Nuno also struggled. The performances have not been anywhere near good enough.

I'm watching these games wondering what our set up and plan is.
And that goes for the last four managers.
I don't believe the players are following instructions.

He’s the Swedish army knife on here, placed at RB / RWB / CM /AM / RF in hypothetical line ups...Could see him being lined up for GK as well after today.
Just quoting Conte, he can play RWB and as a No 10. When people are saying play him CM in a 3 they quite clearly don’t think he’ll be playing in the same parts of the pitch as a Winks or Skipp.

I'm concerned with how wedded he appears to be with the 343 - haven't our best performances all come with the 352 when forced in to it?
Yep
I know I’ve said it loads he played 3-4-3 here constantly when he changed at Chelsea

in Italy it was 3-5-2

we’re not seeing the best of son or Kane playing this way

I appreciate he's versatile, but he's a forward thinking player, to sort our MF we need a destroyer

Ah I was kind of getting at the randomness of where people see him playing to be honest but wasn’t clear on my part. He may actually be that versatile, so I don’t want to join the camp of writing him off or anything..

Wolves would still have had three in the middle behind him though, and we'd have been narrower up front giving their full backs more time.
There 3 would have been in the same positions and roles as ours
There full backs were wide an foward well when they attacked
The issue was we had 2 vs 3 all game and it showed

Just quoting Conte, he can play RWB and as a No 10. When people are saying play him CM in a 3 they quite clearly don’t think he’ll be playing in the same parts of the pitch as a Winks or Skipp.

but that's the part of the pitch we are being overrun in, where we need the third body

His personality on the pitch can be.
We don't have an leaders.

You need more than leaders today. They were finding space and passes when they needed to take pressure off. Southampton had the freedom of midfield on Wednesday. Skipp should be a starter but he doesn’t change that.

You need more than leaders today. They were finding space and passes when they needed to take pressure off. Southampton had the freedom of midfield on Wednesday. Skipp should be a starter but he doesn’t change that.
Sometimes it helps people switch on a bit more and affects the opposition more.
No saying we weren't Utter crap.

I think if you asked half the squad "who wants to qualify for the CL", they would ask which club has bid for them.

I am pretty sure it wont happen. But right now, on the showing of the last 2 games, I cant see where the next win comes from this season

I'm watching these games wondering what our set up and plan is.
And that goes for the last four managers.
I don't believe the players are following instructions.
This is my issue that I’ve raised a few times. We’re lining up 343 which relies on the wide players being good in attack and defence. Ours are pretty limited at both.

This system also means we will always be one short in CM which allows teams to walk on to our defence, and even with 3 there we seem incapable of shutting teams out.

Happy i was unable to watch this. Only briefly had a look, just as they made it 2-0. We can well and truly say goodbye to 4th place. Will be lucky to get top 6.

I am pretty sure it wont happen. But right now, on the showing of the last 2 games, I cant see where the next win comes from this season

City aside, we don’t play anyone decent between now and the end of the season.

But.

We are brick.

The 9 points Nuno started with could end up keeping us up.

but that's the part of the pitch we are being overrun in, where we need the third body
He’ll be closing the passing lanes centrally, not necessarily flying around like Kante, whereas right now it’s wide open centrally as we have 2 wide forwards and just Kane in the middle. Gives teams more space out wide to pass to, but generally that’s the lesser of the evils.

Skipp and Dier both make a big difference on the leadership and discipline front and help with the shape.
Romero wants to go and close down all the time and is too aggressive for the middle of the three.
Dier will sit, organise and let Romero do that side of the game.

Skipp is much better at reading the game than PEH or Winks. He sees those spaces and is better at cutting of passing channels etc.
They're not glamorous but make a big difference to the team.

True but it’s about far more than one player. We’ve been dingdonged by Southampton and Wolves. Well and truly. Skipp isn’t the difference between that and where we should be.
No but if you stick him in a midfield 3 with Bentancur and Winks/Hojbjerg (hard to type those 2) or if Conte plays a 2 with him and Bentancur, Skipp's work rate, desire and awareness make us much harder to penetrate (oo-er) and in turn much more of an attacking threat.

Back