• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton Wanderers****OMT

Is there a chance to forfeit next weeks game at city with corona or something and take the 3-0 loss?

At this rate they will hammer us for 5-6

Play Kulu with them central
That’s 3 still

3 in the middle would have included Kuvulevski for me. So Kuvu for Moura.

Bentancur, Skipp and Kuvulevski going forwards.

also means you have more attacking options on the bench.

our big problem though is our wing backs are so important to a Conte side and ours are average to terrible and offer zero creativity.

Kulu as a CM?

Interesting, hadn't considered playing him deep.

It's not acceptable. Wolves and Southampton looked more cohesive and better coached than us. That's on Conte to an extent. He can't completely wash his hands.

I couldn't watch the game today (looks like I haven't missed much) but I think it's worth keeping in mind that this guy has won silverware everywhere he's been. Mourinho was yesterday's man, Santo was too nice, Pochettino had lost it... It can't always be the manager's fault. We're all passionate about the club and I hope you know I'm not singling you out here but at the end of the day, even Christian Gross knows a lot more about managing a football team than any of us ever will. We can't put the manager under fire everytime we get a couple of poor performances... particularly not with the players we have at the moment.

As a reminder, on this very message board, a lot of people sided with Dele when Mourinho tried to offload him. Twelve months later... who's been proved right?

I'm not saying he's the best thing since sliced bread but we can't really hope to attract someone with a better CV at the moment so if I had to put my money on someone to turn things around and if I were left with a choice between the manager and the players... let's just that it wouldn't take me too long to reach a decision.

I'm not sure 3 in the middle was on today, PEH, Winks and Bentancur, its not particularly well balanced, and it would have required more work from the front two

yes Kane wouldn't have had to drop deep, but he'd have had to press in the channels instead

we miss Skipp

Not really concerned about balanced at the moment. We need to stop leaking goals and our tactics already seems to be to sit back and counter. Right now we suck at both parts.

Did you miss all his personal awards for achievement and scoring?
He's not been part of a team that could travel together to win something. But on an individual level he's shown himself to be elite and is recognised as such by his peers. Of whom you are not one.
I am not Kane's peer as we are in different fields. Back to Kane's recognitions in football - what personal award has he won outside England?

Note that I didn't say he is not a good player. Never said that. I said he is not elite. He also has a record of not performing in a final.

I will repeat I never said Kane is a bad striker. I never said Son is a bad striker. They are top top players. They are however not elite.

I couldn't watch the game today (looks like I haven't missed much) but I think it's worth keeping in mind that this guy has won silverware everywhere he's been. Mourinho was yesterday's man, Santo was too nice, Pochettino had lost it... It can't always be the manager's fault. We're all passionate about the club and I hope you know I'm not singling you out here but at the end of the day, even Christian Gross knows a lot more about managing a football team than any of us ever will. We can't put the manager under fire everytime we get a couple of poor performances... particularly not with the players we have at the moment.

As a reminder, on this very message board, a lot of people sided with Dele when Mourinho tried to offload him. Twelve months later... who's been proved right?

I'm not saying he's the best thing since sliced bread but we can't really hope to attract someone with a better CV at the moment so if I had to put my money on someone to turn things around and if I were left with a choice between the manager and the players... let's just that it wouldn't take me too long to reach a decision.

I’m not just pinning blame on Conte because, you’re right, 4 people with far more knowledge than me have struggled with these lads. But I’m judging what’s happened in front of me. Southampton and Wolves deserved their wins. Not just because of individual mistakes and individual poor performances. They were set up better than us. Some of that responsibility is with the manager. I have faith in him but he can’t just be excused for Wednesday and today because Poch, Jose and Nuno also struggled. The performances have not been anywhere near good enough.

I am not Kane's peer as we are in different fields. Back to Kane's recognitions in football - what personal award has he won outside England?

Note that I didn't say he is not a good player. Never said that. I said he is not elite. He also has a record of not performing in a final.

I will repeat I never said Kane is a bad striker. I never said Son is a bad striker. They are top top players. They are however not elite.

He probably was elite, he isn't now.

Back