• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Scumball Wanderers***

No no no this is super-negative tactics, let them have it, let them pass it around, don't press, let them all get a touch of the ball, give them confidence tactics.

They are super brittle, we just bolstered their confidence 1000% for them by sitting off and letting them go nuts, shameful.
I think the pro lingo for it is "soak up the pressure". Which for a defense like ours has to be the worst tactic since the 1-1-8 formation.

We have had the same players for the last few games, this does not look like any tactical decision to sit back, we can’t get past their press putting us on back foot - poor passing giving up possession, there is no way with that lineup we setup to contain and defend. Sorry Mourinho haters but this one is on the players not the lineup or tactics
No, from the first 5 seconds we just sat back and let them have it, we just allowed them all the time in the world. Just no.

I think Moura is the only one to come out of that with some genuine credit. Sanchez did ok but the comedy pelanty was abysmal. Kane didn’t look great but he got no service and came so close to scoring twice.
In short, they thoroughly deserved their win because they tried to win the game from the off. Don’t really know What we were up to today. Embarrassing.

I dont think we were that bad to be honest sure we could have been more threatening up front and the partnership Harry had
with Son and Bale disappeared ..consequently left a bloody lot of work to do on his own. I think he and Mours and offcourse Lamela were our best players.

Unfortunately Son getting injured did not help.Son should pace himself more on those runs..he was overtrying and if hes not careful he will be plagued with ham string injuries for the rest of his playing carreer.
Bale unfortunately was well off the pace but I am not so sure i would have taken him off and as it happens Sissoko who came on to replace him was well off the pace as much as Bale and contributed nothing!.Anything can happen though with a player like Bale lurking around.
Lamelas sending off was harsh when you consider the constant fouling on Moura.

anyway . where do we go from here???
Maybe some better defensive players would not go amiss...............

We didn’t deserve anything from that game after such pathetic first 60 minutes.
What is Mourinho doing to send out such a poorly prepared team!
I would sack him for that alone. Today was unacceptable as simple as that!

some points here I can’t argue with, can only assume we weren’t worried about crosses based on the 1st game but the mostly kept them low or cut backs this time. I don’t think personally we let them have the ball, people looked lethargic which is probably as much to do with playing the most games of all teams in Europe then anything else.

I also think with Son and Bale staying higher the idea was to keep their full backs running backwards which also didn’t happen as we would never get them the ball fast enough

To be fair to Mourinho, he’s acknowledging how utterly brick we were first half which may mean you’re right on this. I still have to question the manager though - when virtually an entire team is brick, I’m looking at the manager. And the Bale/Doherty situation was baffling. Even taking your explanation, it was clear it wasn’t working long before they scored.

We didn’t deserve anything from that game after such pathetic first 60 minutes.
What is Mourinho doing to send out such a poorly prepared team!
I would sack him for that alone. Today was unacceptable as simple as that!
I’m not sure how much is preparation and how much is the players not caring
I’ve seen so many games at that ground with better Spurs teams being as lazy and as weak
It’s why we don’t win there

At least it was a thoroughly deserved loss. First 80 was as poor as I've ever seen Spurs, Lamela's rabona excepted. Outplayed the entire match. No controversy or stupid VAR decisions, just pure sh*t. Take it on the chin and move on.
No I won't take it on the chin, I'll tell it like it is. The players weren't sufficiently motivated, they just jogged around, sat back into a low block and waited to be attacked. Awful.

I’ve seen so many games at that ground with better Spurs teams being as lazy and as weak
It's a bit worrying, isn't it? A player like Bale who knows perfectly well how important this game is for the fans, looking like he couldn't care less. THESE are the games we brought him back for and need him to step up. Not pummeling some, pardon my Spanish, two-bob Eastern European teams in the group stages of Europa League.

Sorry Mr B I don’t buy that, it’s illogical as it’s the one we should be up for it!

Sorry Mr B I don’t buy that, it’s illogical as it’s the one we should be up for it!
Why?
It’s not a big game to the players any more so getting up for this should be on par for getting up for any game.. we have seen highs and lows in energy and effort a lot this season and today the lesser players were the ones putting the shift in again.
bale - weak
Tanguy - hiding
Hojbjerg - not sure TBH
Kane didn’t come alive until last 15
I mean that’s a BIG issue and their work rate was very good

Not just an average team, an average team that's just dropped their best player, captain and top scorer.
You can't tell me that had them in a good place before kick off.
And what do we do? Roll over and let dominate us.
Pathetic, embarrassingly pathetic.
Exactly this; they were quivering in their wet beds at what might happen, but we gave them the ball and said "go on son, get your confidence up, have a little go"

No I won't take it on the chin, I'll tell it like it is. The players weren't sufficiently motivated, they just jogged around, sat back into a low block and waited to be attacked. Awful.
Fair enough, I really meant that for myself even if badly worded. I'm not even mad about the loss, we played way too poorly for that. I feared that this was the version of Spurs that would show up, so like most of the players I really don't care. At least for now.

It's a bit worrying, isn't it? A player like Bale who knows perfectly well how important this game is for the fans, looking like he couldn't care less. THESE are the games we brought him back for and need him to step up. Not pummeling some, pardon my Spanish, two-bob Eastern European teams in the group stages of Europa League.
Does seem to me that Bale at home will be a different player to Bale away
He was the same vs Fulham
Teams in the prem will target his side knowing he won’t cover his man
It leaves that side so exposed

To be fair to Mourinho, he’s acknowledging how utterly brick we were first half which may mean you’re right on this. I still have to question the manager though - when virtually an entire team is brick, I’m looking at the manager. And the Bale/Doherty situation was baffling. Even taking your explanation, it was clear it wasn’t working long before they scored.

The substitution was strange for me. Bale for Sissoko to look after Doherty. Just take Doherty off and bring on Aurier. Hook Bale and bring on Dele.Far more sensible and positive.

100%, this isn’t a one off performance there, it’s engrained in the club. We’ve been better than them for 10 years yet can’t buy a performance there. AVB, Harry, Poch now Jose, doesn’t matter whose in charge the performances and results stay the same.

That’s not to let Jose off the hook, I’m sure it was one of the reasons we got him in to try and change these sort of things, but he’s failed so far.

If we setup not to concede you have Bergwin, Sissoko and possibly Winks in from the start and you don’t play Bale. Not a chance that was setup for what we just watched, you only have to look at the games where we were playing defensive to see how he lines it up.

players were crap today end of, Lamela looked reasonable, Lloris kicking appalling and constantly playing short again, holjberg but especially NDombele gave ball away time and time again. Impossible to be in front foot if you can’t keep the ball
Front foot? We didn't even try to be front foot, we just let them do whatever they wanted.

I actually think the biggest single issue is our inability to deal with the press. We need a steady team who are drilled and confident to be able to pass through a determined press. At the moment our midfield isn't cohesive and able to beat a press. As the game went on, the scrum couldn't keep up that pressure are we were able to impose ourselves more.

But its a mixture of m entality, confidence, team structure and practice. The team needs to be determined to play the ball through a press and exert control. We never have that determination it seems - and for that I do criticise Mourinho. But we were not good at imposing ourselves on teams who pressed us under Poch either. We still lack something in midfield imo.

Back