• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Scumball Wanderers***

I actually think the biggest single issue is our inability to deal with the press. We need a steady side who are drilled and confident to be able to pass through a determined press. At the moment our midfield isn't cohesive. As the game went on, the scrum couldn't keep up that pressure are we were able to impose more.

But its a mixture of m entality and structure/practice. The team needs to be determined to play the ball through a press and exert control. We never have that determination it seems - and for that I do criticise Mourinho. But we were not good at imposing ourselves on teams who pressed us under Poch either. We still lack something in midfield imo.
We can play through it if tanguy turns up and today was his worst performance this season IMO

400%, this isn’t a one off performance there, it’s engrained in the club. We’ve been better than them for 10 years yet can’t buy a performance there. AVB, Harry, Poch now Jose, doesn’t matter whose in charge the performances and results stay the same.

That’s not to let Jose off the hook, I’m sure it was one of the reasons we got him in to try and change these sort of things, but he’s failed so far.

the team always look scared of playing in the front foot at their ground
It’s always passive until it becomes panic stations
It’s been that way in every game since the 2-3 win

Does seem to me that Bale at home will be a different player to Bale away
He was the same vs Fulham
Teams in the prem will target his side knowing he won’t cover his man
It leaves that side so exposed
If that is the case, he is a (very) rich man's Edgar Davids and cannot play on the wing in our apparent system. He still has some tricks up his sleeve, but he needs to show it against proper opposition. If not, he's only a 20M nostalgia trip. I don't understand his motivation really, except the obvious. I honestly hoped he'd turned the corner, today was a huge step back.

I wouldn’t mind us actually trying the thing Jose is always accused of and playing proper long ball, there isn’t a cb in the league that would get the better of Kane if he was on it.

If we show a vertical threat teams can’t cheat up and only worry about us playing the short game.

We can play through it if tanguy turns up and today was his worst performance this season IMO

Agree. Too often he's working alone though. Maybe have to build the team play off of him. But is Ndombele a player who'll be able to play week in and out like Kane and Son? For me we need another CM, maybe Skipp.

At the moment we rely on Moura or Kane dropping back to give us more creativity in midfield. Its unbalanced somehow.

Agree. Too often working alone. Maybe have to build the team play off of him. But is Ndombele a player who'll be able to play week in and out like Kane and Son? For me we need another CM, maybe Skipp.

At the moment we rely on Moura or Kane dropping back to give us more creativity in midfield. Its unbalanced somehow.
Tanguy was alone because Hojbjerg had to move to the right to cover the extra man
But Tanguy was great dribbling but woeful passing today

Tanguy was alone because Hojbjerg had to move to the right to cover the extra man
But Tanguy was great dribbling but woeful passing today

The whole team were terrible we passes. When we get pressed and don't get a foothold in the game, we crumble. That is a m entality thing. We have to rest control back, and be on point to hold the ball against sides like the scum.

Do you really believe that I’m not so sure

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Yes, watch the kick-off.

I said to my son "oh no, look... oh no... what....why aren't we even trying to... oh GHod no" and we just walked around and let them have it and waited to get beaten.

I really don't mind if we had some cunning plan to break fast, but I doubt we even had breakfast.

The way that we cheaply squandered possession over and over again was embarrassing. Hojberg was especially bad for it; Ndombele and Doherty main offenders, too. I thought that Doherty should have been replaced as Tierney had him on toast. Mind you, so does everyone else that plays against him these days. His apparent lack of ability is very curious. The passive way we played from the start handed them the impetus and - while Arsenal definitely deserved to win - our players should be ashamed to have given up the points so easily. Particularly when you consider that we totally bossed them when we were a goal and a man down, presumably because at that point we had no choice but to ‘give it a go’. If only we had done that from the start (yet again). Lamela has been the master of avoiding red cards fr his whole career but he deserves a kick in the nuts for that second yellow today. He knew exactly what he was doing and the ref caught him red handed.

Agree. Too often he's working alone though. Maybe have to build the team play off of him. But is Ndombele a player who'll be able to play week in and out like Kane and Son? For me we need another CM, maybe Skipp.

I'm not sure Ndombele is the right type for that. IMV his strength is to move the ball x yards upfield, while the attackers move into positions. He can pull off a killer pass too, but without movement up front or worse, players hiding, he's often cut short. He's not an Eriksen type either, who when out of options could create a chance and fire a shot himself. Pretty well too, I might add. How good could they have been together.

Add to that, we don't have a focal point up front any more either to play for. It used to be Kane who when tightly marked made space for others. Now Kane is everywhere and that option is diminished.

People will coat the manager tonight, but surprisingly, not me. This is a combination of fatigue and poor performances on the pitch. The starting 11 was the side which we'd all have picked, possibly save Doherty for Aurier but even then you can see the logic if everyone is on it.

He was
But today he wasn’t kicked at all
He was giving them the ball
They got close to him and he even lost it in his dribbles
The guys brilliant but was very very poor today

Yes Bedford, even Ray Charles sees that. The question then becomes why. And that was my first thought; Thursday.

If Mourinho can’t get a better reaction/performance than today he needs to be gone!
Wonder when Levy will finally hire a manager who can win at Effeminates, as even when we finished 14 points ahead of Goons we still struggled to perform there!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41951916

Arsenal closed to within a point of Tottenham and maintained their arch-rivals' miserable record at Emirates Stadium with a comfortable north London derby victory.

The pressure was on Arsene Wenger and the Gunners as they trailed Spurs in the Premier League table - but they responded in style and were superior in all areas of the pitch to win with plenty to spare.

Pochettino's main worry will surely be that the drive, intensity and pressing he regards as a hallmark of the Spurs style all belonged to Arsenal on this occasion.

15190BC9-40F0-41DB-AA8F-D5EFA593E0A6.jpeg

Back