• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Scumball Wanderers***

People will coat the manager tonight, but surprisingly, not me. This is a combination of fatigue and poor performances on the pitch. The starting 11 was the side which we'd all have picked, possibly save Doherty for Aurier but even then you can see the logic if everyone is on it.
Except Aurier for Doherty, it was the exact starting XI I would have fielded at least. Including the formation.

Can anybody explain these terrible half hearted starts?
We have had quite a few and Mourinho looks to be incapable of eradicating them!

People will coat the manager tonight, but surprisingly, not me. This is a combination of fatigue and poor performances on the pitch. The starting 11 was the side which we'd all have picked, possibly save Doherty for Aurier but even then you can see the logic if everyone is on it.

That is surprising ;)

WRT fatigue, that’s on the coaching staff, the schedule isn’t a surprise, they control the training and the selections, I don’t think Jose has done a good enough job of managing minutes around the squad.

The players have a fun summer coming because the base level of fitness needs to be greatly increased for next season imo.

That is surprising ;)

WRT fatigue, that’s on the coaching staff, the schedule isn’t a surprise, they control the training and the selections, I don’t think Jose has done a good enough job of managing minutes around the squad.

The players have a fun summer coming because the base level of fitness needs to be greatly increased for next season imo.

I think with regards to attacking players that is about right. But he is in the last chance saloon now, so anyone thinking he is going to rotate unless the sports scientists pin him to the wall and tell him to is dreaming IMO.

Tanguy and Hojbjergs passing was terrible today, gave us no platform to build on. Hojbjerg has been poor for a few games now, he needs to be taken out for a couple of games.

This. But it will require a gamble from Mourinho to do that.

Wonder when Levy will finally hire a manager who can win at Effeminates, as even when we finished 14 points ahead of Goons we still struggled to perform there!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41951916

Arsenal closed to within a point of Tottenham and maintained their arch-rivals' miserable record at Emirates Stadium with a comfortable north London derby victory.

The pressure was on Arsene Wenger and the Gunners as they trailed Spurs in the Premier League table - but they responded in style and were superior in all areas of the pitch to win with plenty to spare.

Pochettino's main worry will surely be that the drive, intensity and pressing he regards as a hallmark of the Spurs style all belonged to Arsenal on this occasion.

View attachment 11344
Sorry, but there is no logical reason for this.

That is surprising ;)

I don't think their fitness levels will improve. Remember how his sacking at United went? Ole came in, had them pressing like tigers for ten games, and then it all went to crap as their legs gave out. Points to systematically poor fitness management by this guy. The damage will have to be fixed after he leaves, I think.

I don't think their fitness levels will improve. Remember how his sacking at United went? Ole came in, had them pressing like tigers for ten games, and then it all went to crap as their legs gave out. Points to systematically poor fitness management by this guy. The damage will have to be fixed after he leaves, I think.
Don’t think United fitness looks any better now
They look really leggy
Like most sides TBF this season

I think with regards to attacking players that is about right. But he is in the last chance saloon now, so anyone thinking he is going to rotate unless the sports scientists pin him to the wall and tell him to is dreaming IMO.

thats madness imo, a fit player always offers more to a system than a knackered one, it’s unlike Jose to consider the singular over the whole

That is surprising ;)

We could always fall back on the tried and tested "Harry Redknapp's Poor Fitness Bgone" cure by banning ketchup at the lodge.

If he doesn’t fix it he won’t make Christmas, fitness was in the gutter when he arrived to be fair, we’ve been bad at it for a while.

Except Aurier for Doherty, it was the exact starting XI I would have fielded at least. Including the formation.
I guess Mourinho wants to alternate between Aurier + Davies and Reguilon + Doherty as full backs.

As the 2 understudies are so inferior that playing both in same team is to be avoided at all costs.

Replaced by who though?
Anybody at this stage, even Sissoko. We're going to need him at his best in the latter stages of the Europa, assuming we get there and against City in the League Cup final.
We're not getting top 4 after today, so might as well give him a break and try get him back to where he was earlier in the season for the bigger games.

Back