• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Scumball Wanderers***

Anybody at this stage, even Sissoko. We're going to need him at his best in the latter stages of the Europa, assuming we get there and against City in the League Cup final.
We're not getting top 4 after today, so might as well give him a break and try get him back to where he was earlier in the season for the bigger games.

I agree with the logic.

Also, for me, a fit average player is more use than a knackered great one.

could it be general fatigue?
I don’t see it!
But I’m lost answers after watching us today!
Every team has had games where they have looked fatigued
City did it vs United and United looked great
Either side of that game United looked poor
It’s an odd season

I guess Mourinho wants to alternate between Aurier + Davies and Reguilon + Doherty as full backs.

As the 2 understudies are so inferior that playing both in same team is to be avoided at all costs.
Yep but any full back is gonna struggle if the opposition get the ball constantly and attack you with 2 men

Anybody at this stage, even Sissoko. We're going to need him at his best in the latter stages of the Europa, assuming we get there and against City in the League Cup final.
We're not getting top 4 after today, so might as well give him a break and try get him back to where he was earlier in the season for the bigger games.
He gets a midweek off this week anyway

I guess Mourinho wants to alternate between Aurier + Davies and Reguilon + Doherty as full backs.

As the 2 understudies are so inferior that playing both in same team is to be avoided at all costs.
Possible, but I would play Doherty as little as possible for now. Not only has he his obvious weaknesses, but he's also very short on confidence. You could see it today, when a ball came rolling in towards Hugo with the closest Arsenal player at least 5-6 yards away. He booted it out instead of letting it go to the keeper with the following loss of possession. Actually come to think of it, I think Hugo's loss of command may be partly at fault for our sharp decline in defense. No one sees situations building better than him, but he's dead silent. Not easy to hear when there are 40-50000 in the stands, but it's very noticeable (or rather the lack of) these days. It's easy to blame defenders, but it wasn't long ago Dier got caught out in a similar incident which led to a goal.

Possible, but I would play Doherty as little as possible for now. Not only has he his obvious weaknesses, but he's also very short on confidence. You could see it today, when a ball came rolling in towards Hugo with the closest Arsenal player at least 5-6 yards away. He booted it out instead of letting it go to the keeper with the following loss of possession. Actually come to think of it, I think Hugo's loss of command may be partly at fault for our sharp decline in defense. No one sees situations building better than him, but he's dead silent. Not easy to hear when there are 40-50000 in the stands, but it's very noticeable (or rather the lack of) these days. It's easy to blame defenders, but it wasn't long ago Dier got caught out in a similar incident which led to a goal.
Hugo has been faultless for the goals conceded but we can’t see what positive impact he is having as you say
Players do seem to not want to wait for him though
Doherty can’t be left against two players every game
Next weekend Villa will press that side and if it’s him starting or Aurier we’re fudged if we don’t help them
We do have a good record at Villa though and that always helps the players confidence

We could always fall back on the tried and tested "Harry Redknapp's Poor Fitness Bgone" cure by banning ketchup at the lodge.
That was Ramos.

It isn't about fitness, it is about starting with intensity to press high and panic their defence and get on the front foot so they start worrying and shanking it clear.
Whereas we just let them do whatever they wanted and they loved it and we started to panic.
That is the manager in terms of (a) desire to be fully up for it and press and (b) the tactic to press or sit deep and counter.

Hugo has been faultless for the goals conceded but we can’t see what positive impact he is having as you say
Next weekend Villa will press that side and if it’s him starting or Aurier we’re fudged if we don’t help them
We do have a good record at Villa though and that always helps the players confidence
Hugo wasn't faultless for the second goal, far from it. His clearance went straight to Pepe who then played the through ball to Lacazette.
His kicking has always been a prob.

I seem to remember praising Hugo in the beginning for his proactiveness (bit too proactive at times) and at last having a vocal keeper. That seems to have disappeared, how and when that happened I have no idea, but it's so (not) audible in an empty stadium. The only times I notice him yelling is when he's boxing the ball out. I won't blame Hugo for "any" of the goals, he's the best shotstopper I can remember since Robinson (long range was another matter), but there are lots the defense can do before the shot is off with proper direction. Sanchez cannot be trusted to direct anyone, he has more than enough directing himself. Luckily he's quick. What this also highlights is what a remarkable CB pairing Toby and Jan were. They made Trippier look like a world beater, and I'm not sure Walker would be a City player today without them.

That was Ramos.

It isn't about fitness, it is about starting with intensity to press high and panic their defence and get on the front foot so they start worrying and shanking it clear.
Whereas we just let them do whatever they wanted and they loved it and we started to panic.
That is the manager in terms of (a) desire to be fully up for it and press and (b) the tactic to press or sit deep and counter.
I don't disagree with what you say, it was meant as a small joke. And you are of course correct, it was Ramos, which makes the joke even less funny if possible. I fully agree that Arsenal was there for the taking today, they are a bang average team which we could have beaten soundly with a litte will and a little pressure. And being able to pass the ball to a teammate. I got cautiously optimistic seeing their defensive lineup, our front 4 can have a field day with them I thought. Luiz for crying out loud I thought. But we decided to field the poor version of ourselves, got outplayed and got what we deserved.

The loss of Son really crucified our game plan. While we weren't playing well with him on the pitch, at least it offered a potential threat on a speedy counterattack. Without him, there was simply no one to run in behind and their full backs could push up the field without any worries behind them.

There are rumours coming out now that Oliver told Tierney on VAR "to stay out of this" regarding the pelanty. We need to be able to hear the refs ASAP!
It's astonishing that Oliver wasn't told to have another look at it. Every media outlet I've seen are saying it.
Where are you seeing that?

The way that game went up to our goal and the manner of it we really should have went on to smash them.
How do we do it, that should have been like a stake through their heart and a huge boost to us.
And yet.......
That goal, a goal that should go down in history, is now going to be like the Ajax game for, bitter.
Only spurs.

Back