• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Rennes *** *POSTPONED*

How often do we think UEFA's Discipline, ethics and pretending to be bothered by racism committee actually meets? You'd have thought this needed to be prioritised to have taken place this morning?

For timesheet purposes or according to fire safety log books?

How often do we think UEFA's Discipline, ethics and pretending to be bothered by racism committee actually meets? You'd have thought this needed to be prioritised to have taken place this morning?

They are waiting for covid restrictions to be lifted, so they can meet up at a luxury resort with a good selection of booze, brown envelopes and ladies of the night.

They are waiting for covid restrictions to be lifted, so they can meet up at a luxury resort with a good selection of booze, brown envelopes and ladies of the night.
Covid restrictions don't apply to the rich, powerful or corrupt.

From Ali Gold
More on that attempt to postpone Leicester from Spurs
We understand Spurs tried to get the Leicester match postponed in order to get the Rennes match played this midweek, rather than get it postponed due to their Covid problems. Spurs have been doing everything possible to try to get the European match played.
Brendan Rodgers has also been speaking this afternoon and has suggested that Leicester also wanted the game postponed due to their own issues with nine players out.

It sounds like we were closed down by health authorities, not much we could do there. Plus we’ve tried to get the game on. The most sensible thing uefa can do is allow it to be played in January imo. Wouldn’t be surprised though if we are still deemed, however unfortunate, the reason it was postponed and therefore game awarded to Rennes.

It sounds like we were closed down by health authorities, not much we could do there. Plus we’ve tried to get the game on. The most sensible thing uefa can do is allow it to be played in January imo. Wouldn’t be surprised though if we are still deemed, however unfortunate, the reason it was postponed and therefore game awarded to Rennes.

It would be unfair on Vitesse for us to play the game knowing any win sees us through. I think that we should take this on the chin and accept that the game is forfeited because we were unable to fulfill the fixture

Spot on. There must be some free time in the first 2/3 weeks of Jan when Rennes can play. If it happens to be a midweek when we already have a fixture, as mentioned before, we would have to field a scratch team, but at least we get a chance to snatch a win, however unlikely. It is still a better option than a forfeit

It would be unfair on Vitesse for us to play the game knowing any win sees us through. I think that we should take this on the chin and accept that the game is forfeited because we were unable to fulfill the fixture

how is it unfair on vitesse ? We have been unable to play our six fixtures due to covid related issues.

So we should be penalised for doing the right thing and safeguarding Rennes?

I get peeps aren’t bothered about this tourney but no way vitesse derserve a pass with a potential opponent not having played its quota.

And Rennes blocking every attempt to reschedule?

what do they deserve? Pray tell me Milo.

The whole kicking off at the same time is quite a recent introduction anyway. Competitions ran for a long time before that came in.

If there was a bomb scare at their ground and they had to postpone for a later date, should they have forfeited and take it on the chin?

how is it unfair on vitesse ? We have been unable to play our six fixtures due to covid related issues.

So we should be penalised for doing the right thing and safeguarding Rennes?

I get peeps aren’t bothered about this tourney but no way vitesse derserve a pass with a potential opponent not having played its quota.

And Rennes blocking every attempt to reschedule?

what do they deserve? Pray tell me Milo.

It is unfair on Vitesse because we would go into the game knowing what result is required which we wouldn't have done if the games were played simultaneously.

We did do the right thing calling off the game but the situation isn't a lot different from Leyton Orient forfeiting their League Cup game against us last season, which we benefitted from.

If there was a bomb scare at their ground and they had to postpone for a later date, should they have forfeited and take it on the chin?

The rules that this is being governed by are specifically for Covid and I haven't read the ones for other reasons for postponement but I would expect it to be similar if it was the last group game and another date was unable to be agreed.

It is unfair on Vitesse because we would go into the game knowing what result is required which we wouldn't have done if the games were played simultaneously.

We did do the right thing calling off the game but the situation isn't a lot different from Leyton Orient forfeiting their League Cup game against us last season, which we benefitted from.

we knew vitesse were likely to win, they knew they were likely to win…as did Mura probably.

so yeah the only unknown variable is the game which hasn’t been sodding played.

I find it bizarre that we’re content to give vitesse a leg up and not fight our corner.

yet why am I surprised, fans who want our players to have a winning mentality also want us to fecking forfeit a game.

sometimes I’m sure we get what we deserve.

Back