• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Norwich City OMT***

Dawson: "Can't quite believe we lost. Never easy when you lose, but in the way we lost it. We had all the ball and possession, then a freak goal gave them momentum. But we look to the weekend and 3 points"

Andre: "Disappointing for us. We controlled the game in first and second half. Pity to see us lose this way. We move on and we feel the frustration and disappointment but we focus on Wigan. The effort of the players has been tremendous. They are showing great strength of character."

Bale: "We played better than them all night really. We controlled the game and limited them. We are all disappointed. Tomorrow we get back on it and get ready for Saturday's game."

Apparently Dempsey didn't want to take the pen.

I fear for this guy's future at Spurs. The "fans" are sharpening further their already sharp knives. He and Sig must be praying for a "fit" Ade.
If this had been a home game Defoe starts for sure. I don't believe in luck (except where Arsenal are concerned :() but I do believe in kharma. The Vert sub was inexplicable-I had a very dodgy stream-what position was Verts supposed to be playing? Who was he marking or what was he doing there for that deflection? We were absolutely coasting and should not have lost.

I fear for this guy's future at Spurs. The "fans" are sharpening further their already sharp knives. He and Sig must be praying for a "fit" Ade.
If this had been a home game Defoe starts for sure. I don't believe in luck (except where Arsenal are concerned :() but I do believe in kharma. The Vert sub was inexplicable-I had a very dodgy stream-what position was Verts supposed to be playing? Who was he marking or what was he doing there for that deflection? We were absolutely coasting and should not have lost.

Verts was midfield. Gave the ball away needlessly a couple of times, completed switched off when defending.

"AVB" is a little OCD apparently "but" he learns very very fast. Thus I hope the same happens here/he gets a bit more courage of his convictions...it all highlights just what a total and utter, clown shoe Ade is behaving like. Another game where you cannot help but feel he'd have lights-outed it.
We cannot, absolutely cannot continue this season with just one striker. Even our on loan kid, Kane is injured and out until xmas.

I have to say I agree. I am sure that the system we play and being bought at the last minute haven't helped him in terms of settling but he has just looked so poor, pretty much in all the games he has played so far. Poor touch, Lethargic, Tunnel vision and lack of movement have been what I have been seeing from him and his confidence is going to be shot to pieces.

Just get the impression he isn't going to work out for us and have had that feeling after a few games at home. There is just something not quite there with him, he should be really fired and ready to go given his big transfer, especially in the home games but he seems at times, like a person who has never stepped foot onto a pitch before.

Really hope I am wrong and he regains some confidence and form going towards christmas.

Astounding defeat given our position going into the last 10 mins, really you shouldn't be losing from there. I just wish that sometimes AVB would change it up during a game and go 442 and allow us to play with natural width whilst giving us a chance to put their defence under pressure by having 2 forwards to deal with. We haven't looked very convincing so far this season and although picking up points when you aren't playing that well is always good, it is pushing our luck to the limit, luck that ran out tonight despite how well we actually played.

Whats crazy is we dont seem to have the mental fortitude to believe we can grind out a 1-0. Nobody ever believes 1 is enough with us. If we score in the 76th min against Wigan to go 1 up, I bet nearly all of us would expect (and this probably will happen) Wigan to throw the kitchen sink at us and score. We are fragile.

I wonder how much we are actually missing Kaboul, or more importantly Ledders. Lack of leader again is evident

Whats crazy is we dont seem to have the mental fortitude to believe we can grind out a 1-0. Nobody ever believes 1 is enough with us. If we score in the 76th min against Wigan to go 1 up, I bet nearly all of us would expect (and this probably will happen) Wigan to throw the kitchen sink at us and score. We are fragile.

I wonder how much we are actually missing Kaboul, or more importantly Ledders. Lack of leader again is evident

Our lack of mental fortitude has been the same for the past two decades at least, it will take a whole lot more than half a season with a new coach to fix it.

Agree. He's looked a little sloppy and dare I say it, unfit in the past few games. Which is why I was surprised at his constantly high(ish) ratings in games.

Considering how reliant we have been on him playing so far, I think he should have been rested tonight.

Agree. He's looked a little sloppy and dare I say it, unfit in the past few games. Which is why I was surprised at his constantly high(ish) ratings in games.

I don't think it is unfit, which is more worrying. It's a conscious choice not to track back or whatever. I've seen incidents in the last three games which if my under 9s did it on a Saturday morning, I'd bawl them out for it.
Not good enough. Fully committed or fudge off.

I don't think it is unfit, which is more worrying. It's a conscious choice not to track back or whatever. I've seen incidents in the last three games which if my under 9s did it on a Saturday morning, I'd bawl them out for it.
Not good enough. Fully committed or fudge off.

To be fair, I think he did mention a little while ago how tiring the English game was for him. As a 'cultured' defender, he didn't have to do too much tracking back at Ajax. Different here.

As for the 'fully committed' part ,normally I would disagree and point out the paucity of our home support, but today, the away end was great, so I agree.

To be fair, I think he did mention a little while ago how tiring the English game was for him. As a 'cultured' defender, he didn't have to do too much tracking back at Ajax. Different here.

As for the 'fully committed' part ,normally I would disagree and point out the paucity of our home support, but today, the away end was great, so I agree.

What rankles with me is a player not doing the absolute basics of tracking back. Sometimes you get away with it, but other times maybe not.

I think Vertonghen is probably the most naturally gifted footballer on the team bar Bale (and arguably Thudd and ....er Dembele), but when he chooses to take himself out of the game this is unforgivable in my mind. He was widely lauded as being the best footballer in the Dutch league last year, and I can see why he received this praise as is evident from his earlier spurs outings. The class is obvious but this is for nought if his attitude is not 100% correct.

Really annoyed ! Hard to accept this defeat, even more so when we were leading until 5 mins before full time. We were too complacent and careless that ultimately cost us this game.

I was convinced we will lose this match, because :
1.Livermore was starting
I don't think we have won too many matches in which Livermore started. We have always looked shyte when he plays.

2.Bale wasted the one-on-one chance
He normally scores that but he was too casual this time

3.Spurs fans were singing songs for Norwich manager Hughton
Why did we have to sing songs for Norwich manager Hughton ? He could have been a Spurs legend but he was our opponent's manager. It was like encouraging or challenging him to beat us which he did with match-winning substitution.

For me, there are 3 people who should take large blame for this disappointing defeat : Bale, Vertonghen and Dempsey.
Bale should have made use of the chances he got and should have taken the penalty. He should have had a hattrick. He did well to score a brilliant goal but he was too casual before and after that.

Vertonghen were too complacent for both their goals. Don't know what was he doing with that lazy defending for their 1st goal. The ball was going well wide until he deflected into goal. Wish AVB didn't bring on Vertonghen. Norwich didn't look like scoring until Vertonghen came on. Lloris were doing brilliantly until then as he made 2 or 3 great saves.

There is no excuse for Dempsey with that shyte penalty. I was sure he will miss it as he was shyte for the entire match. The least he could have done was aim for the far corner of the goal. Instead he shot straight at the goalie tamely. He also should have done better with the one-on-one chance in the 1st half. He is not going to be very popular among Spurs fans with that penalty miss now.

I think lack of quality in the squad ultimately cost us. We had to rest many regulars like Gallas, Defoe and Lennon as they need rest after playing regularly since the start of the season. Until the injured players like Kaboul, BAE, Parker and Adebayor return, we will going to have this problem every week.

Really annoyed with our exit from League Cup. I think that was our only real chance for a trophy this season. Just can't see us progress in EuropaLeague. Hope AVB and the team learned a thing or two from this defeat. Atleast, now we can concentrate more on the league.

Last edited:
WE MOVE ON - ANDRE

Posted 01 November 2012 01:50am

Andre Villas-Boas conceded our Capital One Cup exit at Norwich was 'difficult for everyone', but insisted the squad would move on quickly to prepare for Wigan on Saturday.

We looked in control of Wednesday night’s fourth round tie at Carrow Road.

Having enjoyed the lion’s share of possession and limited the home side to few chances, Gareth Bale’s fine strike put us 1-0 up in the 66th minute.

However, the Canaries completely turned the game around via Alex Tettey’s equaliser that deflected home off Jan Vertonghen in the 83rd minute and then Simeon Jackson’s close-range finish three minutes later.

There was still time for Clint Dempsey to see a last-minute penalty saved by Mark Bunn as Norwich held onto their 2-1 lead.

“It was disappointing,” said Andre. “I think we played a good game, controlled the possession and played good football in the first and second half.

“We had a good share of opportunities, so it’s a pity to see us lose the game in this way, in the last few minutes.

“We set out to try and win this game and to let it slip in the end is difficult for everyone.

“We feel the frustration and the disappointment from not making it into the quarter-finals, but we move on and focus on Wigan now.”

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/we-move-on-andre-01112012.page?

Back