• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Norwich City OMT***

that's our season in a nutshell, dominate games, don't score enough goals

we need another striker, if we can improve on Defoe (I'm not sure we can afford that next level of player mind) then we are going to be really dangerous

Of course there are good things and Bad things, but a lot of people should remember that he is supposed to be hear for the long term and to build a dynasty. So far we have had one transfer window where the squad has actually been weakened. What we have now is a rebuilding process, same as when Arnesen came in, redknapp was the failed short term fix like Hoddle, we need to accept that AVB is our manager and that it will take time to make the squad in the fashion that he wants it.

A bit much calling him 'a failure' I think. He gave me some of my greatest moments as a Spurs supporter but i agree it was the right time to move on from him when the club decided to part ways. I was excited about AVB coming to the club and do feel that he will be a success, though we may well have to endure a few more games like tonight before we get to where we want to be.

This, we did not deserve to lose this game.

Yes the injustice makes it harder to take. An all round good performance for 80 mins from some promising young guns. bricky, lack of leaders, sleepy last 10 mins, away from home, cost us.

Best put it right against Wigan.

Of course there are good things and Bad things, but a lot of people should remember that he is supposed to be hear for the long term and to build a dynasty. So far we have had one transfer window where the squad has actually been weakened. What we have now is a rebuilding process, same as when Arnesen came in, redknapp was the failed short term fix like Hoddle, we need to accept that AVB is our manager and that it will take time to make the squad in the fashion that he wants it.

Please!

4th, 5th, 4th

How many managers have achieved that in the modern game? Even if we were told that when he was appointed, it does not mean that it is true. I would be amazed if AVB wasn't given the same target this season as the previous four managers have had, Champions League football.

A bit much calling him 'a failure' I think. He gave me some of my greatest moments as a Spurs supporter but i agree it was the right time to move on from him when the club decided to part ways. I was excited about AVB coming to the club and do feel that he will be a success, though we may well have to endure a few more games like tonight before we get to where we want to be.

I meant failure as in failure to win a trophy. Redknapp was a success in terms of getting CL, and we did have my best season as a supporter under him.

Yes the injustice makes it harder to take. An all round good performance for 80 mins from some promising young guns. bricky, lack to leaders, sleepy last 10 away from home cost us.

Best put it right against Wigan.

I might be mad but considering our line up I thought we played well.

um, say what?

failure = Champions League?
short term = long serving manager in 20+ years?

A journalist and Spurs fan on twitter.

If he didn't feel confident about taking it someone else should have stepped up or we should have brought on Defoe. Saying he's a **** or whatever for not wanting to, stating my opinion on that would mean infracting myself.

We did. AVB was looking smug. We were home and dry. But Vertonghen was caught cold, and we capitulated. Hard to pick yourself up from that. But when its the bricky cup, we can and will. Hopefully it can motivate us and we can learn from it:

when you are winning, you don't slow your game as we do, if anything you up it, and exploit the spaces left in behind.

Not mad at all.

A journalist and Spurs fan on twitter.

If he didn't feel confident about taking it someone else should have stepped up or we should have brought on Defoe. Saying he's a **** or whatever for not wanting to, stating my opinion on that would mean infracting myself.

I agree fully. If you don't feel right for it then you shouldn't take it. That is of course if there is someone else that wants to take it.

um, say what?

failure = Champions League?
short term = long serving manager in 20+ years?

He WAS brought in as a short term fix, to rectify a poor situation. He turned out to be successful enough to stay for a while, but in the end managed to screw himself out of the job.

It already exists. Called 'the last 10 minutes' or something.

It's not that simple imo and really needs a thread of it's own.
This is how i see it (this applies to most games but obviously not every single game) : First 30 mins = very good, 30-60 mins = mixed bag, game more even last 30 mins = very poor with the last 10-15 absolute torment to watch.

Lat year the problem was there but quite often we had:

A) blown teams away and were 3, 4 5 goals up and played keep ball and saw the game out against demoralised opponents.

B) we had players who could keep possession when we were under pressure and were starting to struggle and still offered enough of a threat the other way , players like VdV,Modric and Ade. Even with those players plus Parker ,Bale and Lennon we still struggled at times.

If it's not for the reasons i stated above then it can only be DEFENSIVE TACTICS or a STAMINA PROBLEM.

He WAS brought in as a short term fix, to rectify a poor situation. He turned out to be successful enough to stay for a while, but in the end managed to screw himself out of the job.

Agree. He was far too much of a loose (lipped) cannon for his own good. It's a shame as he did some fantastic things for the club but in the end I was relieved to see him go.

The Beeb have been all over the place tonight...

first they state that Friedel was in goal, now this:

FT: Norwich 2-1 Tottenham
Bale then Vertonghen og
Jackson puts Norwich in front

get a grip, Beeb.

Back