• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project *** OMT

Can't say I'm looking forward to this, think WHL during the 00's haunts my memory. But it should be a good, close game, especially with that suggested front four above me attacking Mangala and Kolarov. That's a frightening prospect. And obviously, Silva missing for us is a massive hit, although De Bruyne's arrival and start will hopefully mitigate that.

That being said, we're not in scintillating form if we don't count a 4-1 against the worst side in the league who had no motivation. Going for 2-2, Aguero with both for us as usual.

Can't say I'm looking forward to this, think WHL during the 00's haunts my memory. But it should be a good, close game, especially with that suggested front four above me attacking Mangala and Kolarov. That's a frightening prospect. And obviously, Silva missing for us is a massive hit, although De Bruyne's arrival and start will hopefully mitigate that.

That being said, we're not in scintillating form if we don't count a 4-1 against the worst side in the league who had no motivation. Going for 2-2, Aguero with both for us as usual.

where is Kompany

Tottenham defenders Toby Alderweireld and Jan Vertonghen will return after being rested for the League Cup defeat against Arsenal.

Ryan Mason, Nabil Bentaleb, Mousa Dembele and Alex Pritchard remain on the sidelines.

Emirates Marketing Project are boosted by the return of captain Vincent Kompany and Samir Nasri.

Yet David Silva, Eliaquim Mangala, Gael Clichy, Wilfried Bony, Fabian Delph and Kelechi Iheanacho are all unavailable.

You'll win 5-1 as usual.

Thankful that Silva is missing. But Sterling and Aguero always have good games v us. Just glad we don't have gaffe-prone players like Kaboul in our starting XI any more. It should actually be a fascinating game. I'm looking forward to seeing how we fare against probably the best side in the league. And let's see if we actually manage to do a little better than Aguero. (yeah right)

What I don't understand is that on the one hand people think we are abound to get spanked by Emirates Marketing Project.
Yet many of those same people think we are bound to beat, or expected to beat, West Ham when we play them.

As I remember it West Ham beat Emirates Marketing Project (without David Silva), and deserved to beat them.

So either we have got a chance against Emirates Marketing Project, or West Ham are out of our league -which is it?

What I don't understand is that on the one hand people think we are abound to get spanked by Emirates Marketing Project.
Yet many of those same people think we are bound to beat, or expected to beat, West Ham when we play them.

As I remember it West Ham beat Emirates Marketing Project (without David Silva), and deserved to beat them.

So either we have got a chance against Emirates Marketing Project, or West Ham are out of our league -which is it?

Yeah because West Ham are now clearly better than City. It's common sense to be fearful of a team that's probably put more past us than anyone else in the last few years. Of course we can give them a game but since Bale left that hasn't looked like happening. Last years home game was probably the closest we've run them in a while.

Yeah because West Ham are now clearly better than City. It's common sense to be fearful of a team that's probably put more past us than anyone else in the last few years. Of course we can give them a game but since Bale left that hasn't looked like happening. Last years home game was probably the closest we've run them in a while.

It is just that everyone seems resigned to us losing, and by some margin. But I bet the West Ham fans felt the same way before they beat them - and away.
The odds are we will lose, but it is not without hope.

Because its w1d1l8 in the last ten against them.
Or in your native language. We drew with Everton who City beat and we drew with Leicester who West Ham lost to twice.

Because its w1d1l8 in the last ten against them.
Or in your native language. We drew with Everton who City beat and we drew with Leicester who West Ham lost to twice.

Now I haven't a clue who should beat who ..

However, prior to their recent victory West Ham's record against Emirates Marketing Project over the last ten games was -- w1 d2 l7
I'm just surprised that -and I'm usually more pessimistic than most- the prevailing sentiment seems to be not much hope of anything other than a (heavy) loss.

Emirates Marketing Project do concede chances but I worry about our midfield. Dier and Alli is likely and against Yaya and Fenrnandinho they are severely mismatched. But you never know. One lives in hope that his Avi will be safe from violation.

He's fit, and I just read that Mangala is injured so it will be Otamendi and Kompany. Never played together so I don't know what to expect at all tbqhwy.

Interested to see whether Pellegrini sits off and plays like an 'away' side, or whether he uses everything at his disposal and goes full-tilt. The full-tilt approach would see this game kick-off and be one of the season's best IMO. The former approach would worry me.

Interested to see whether Pellegrini sits off and plays like an 'away' side, or whether he uses everything at his disposal and goes full-tilt. The full-tilt approach would see this game kick-off and be one of the season's best IMO. The former approach would worry me.

I've got to agree. And considering we have played attacking against teams like Bayern, Barca and Roma, I am fairly certain he will set up that way again. We aren't a team that soaks up pressure very well, which was shown many times last season. I don't know why more teams don't go at us. One of the more memorable occasions of that happening was away at Southampton few seasons back with Pochettino as their manager, and we got absolutely tinkled on. He knows how to play this game, and I fully expect Spurs to be very competitive tomorrow.

I've got to agree. And considering we have played attacking against teams like Bayern, Barca and Roma, I am fairly certain he will set up that way again. We aren't a team that soaks up pressure very well, which was shown many times last season. I don't know why more teams don't go at us. One of the more memorable occasions of that happening was away at Southampton few seasons back with Pochettino as their manager, and we got absolutely tinkleed on. He knows how to play this game, and I fully expect Spurs to be very competitive tomorrow.

I agree, and if Pellegrini plays 'open' then we should see a fascinating game!

Emirates Marketing Project do concede chances but I worry about our midfield. Dier and Alli is likely and against Yaya and Fenrnandinho they are severely mismatched. But you never know. One lives in hope that his Avi will be safe from violation.

I'm getting ready to Photoshop Shaun Goater into your avatar - brave man!. Perhaps ironic considering it's Eid al Adha (Mubarrak btw!).

I'm getting ready to Photoshop Shaun Goater into your avatar - brave man!. Perhaps ironic considering it's Eid al Adha (Mubarrak btw!).

Lol very ironic. Khair Mubarak. Just recovering from the feasting. I have eaten way too much meat and desserts.

Back