• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project *** OMT

1-2 or 2-3.

We will match them, but not look particularly good or exciting.

Followed by the usual polarization post match here, we are sh1te/looking ok, we should have signed X/we have the team we need, pochs idea's are working/poch is clueless, Levy's finally got us going in the right direction/he has to go.

All in all a quality Glory Glory saturday :)

Ps. I love you one and all.

I believe some are secretly and not so secretly 'hoping' for a City win. So they can continue their negative diatribe of 'how we dont care about NLD and cup games'.

Find it hard to feel confident about this match. We have a shyte record against ManCity in recent years, winning 1 and losing 8 of our last 9 matches against them ! That lone win came under AVB when Dempsey, Defoe and Bale inspired us. But we have lost the last 4 matches against them since then, scoring just 2 goals and conceding 16 ! ManCity have been in great form this season, despite losing to WestHam last week. Looking at the way we have struggled so far this season, it is going to be tough for us to get anything out of this match. Frankly, a draw will be a good result for us.

Our lack of goals has been a big problem for us so far this season. This is mainly due to our only recognized striker Kane yet to score a goal this season. In fact, Kane has only scored 2 goals in his last 16 matches for us which is a very poor record. His form has been badly affected since playing for England. It will be a great boost of confidence for him if he can score in this match. But not sure if he will get any chance in this match. Son has done well to score 3 goals in 4 matches since signing for us, including the winner against Palace last week. I think we have to rely on him if we want to score any goals in this match.

If we want to get anything out of this match, we will need to control the midfield. ManCity have a quality midfield who can outclass us if given a chance. We will need Dier as the defensive midfield to step up his game greatly. We cannot afford to let ManCity control the midfield. Lamela has been in great form in recent matches. It was really disappointing that he didn't play against Arsenal in the League Cup. Hope he will start and have a good match. It was great to see Eriksen coming back and assisting a goal against Palace. We will need a match-winning performance from Eriksen like he was doing early last season. Delli has done well so far for us. But can see him having a tough match against the world-class midfield of ManCity.

Our defence have done well to keep 3 consecutive clean sheets in the league. But this match will show what really our defence are made of. Lloris, Vertonghen and Alderiweireld are going to be badly tested against ManCity. Hope we will have a error-free performance from our defence. ManCity will punish any errors our defence makes. The defence should concentrate on safery-first football and avoid getting too ambitious. Don't want any of our defenders going to help out attacks. It will be a great result for us if we can stop ManCity from scoring in this match.

After the disappointing result against Arsenal in the League Cup, we will need a good result in this match to boost our morale. It is going to be tough but hope we will step up our game against ManCity and get a good result.

Everybody dance now!

Hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality. A win will be a great morale boost for us but a draw will be an acceptable result !

Hahaha, fantastic. Got this week's lottery numbers too? PM me if you have...

I don't see why my guess should be any more worthy of that remark than anybody else's. I take the fact it drew your attention as evidence you got my point, though.

Interested to see whether Pellegrini sits off and plays like an 'away' side, or whether he uses everything at his disposal and goes full-tilt. The full-tilt approach would see this game kick-off and be one of the season's best IMO. The former approach would worry me.

Pellegrini is attack minded, i think they will go for our throats from the start

Spurs XI: Lloris (c), Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies; Alli, Dier; Eriksen, Son, Lamela; Kane
Subs: Vorm, Rose, Trippier, Carroll, Chadli, Townsend, Clinton

City XI: Caballero, Sagna, Demichelis, Otamendi, Kolarov, Fernando, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Sterling, Toure, Aguero
Subs: Hart, Kompany, Zabaleta, Nasri, Navas, Roberts, Barker

Ref: Mark Clattenburg

no Joe Hart?.....ooohhh chance for us

edit....no Silva and Kompany too. Now i have high hopes

Spurs XI: Lloris (c), Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies; Alli, Dier; Eriksen, Son, Lamela; Kane
Subs: Vorm, Rose, Trippier, Carroll, Chadli, Townsend, Clinton

City XI: Caballero, Sagna, Demichelis, Otamendi, Kolarov, Fernando, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Sterling, Toure, Aguero

good selection from Poch, attacking

Otamendi and Demechelis is a lot less solid than Kompany and Mangala. Also Kolarov isn't as defense minded as Clichy.

Stop Kolarov and Ageuro and I think we can win.
If Sterling goes right and gets to attack Davies we could have an issue, would have preferred Rose to counter pace with pace.

Big big game for Dier, City are most dangerous in that area between MF and DF, so snuffing them out there will be key. Do that and I we can counter attack well.

Back