• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Coventry City OMT***

That's the full time whistle and that was pretty routine for Tottenham really. Coventry battled way but they really never stood a chance particularly after Dempsey had got the early goal. Gareth Bale was excellent throughout and ran the League 1 visitors ragged - he really is in top form at the moment. So it's Spurs who go through to the next round and Andre Villas-Boas will be a very happy man tonight.

QPR drawing again...

good news.....QPR under Redknapp in a Monday night game under the lights at Loftus Road would have been a difficult prospect, now an early Sat afternoon kick off certainly isnt a bad thing. Plus if we win we stay in 3rd no matter what happens later on that weekend \o/

good news.....QPR under Redknapp in a Monday night game under the lights at Loftus Road would have been a difficult prospect, now an early Sat afternoon kick off certainly isnt a bad thing. Plus if we win we stay in 3rd no matter what happens later on that weekend \o/

Has the fixture been moved by Sky? Will it no longer be televised as I assume there was already a Saturday lunchtime Sky game?

I don't think its that simple. Movement. Getting people into the right positions in and around the box. Working on our attacking passing and positioning.

Yes, it is, Ade is fine position sooo many times, sooo many games, but for one reason or another, he just isn't doing it. Patience I guess, we are still scoring thankfully.

Has the fixture been moved by Sky? Will it no longer be televised as I assume there was already a Saturday lunchtime Sky game?

there was no Sat lunchtime tv game scheduled, so im pretty sure this one will now be the televised one

Last edited by a moderator:

From the OS

FA CUP REPLAYS/POTENTIAL DATE CHANGE OF QPR - REMINDER

A reminder to fans that should either ourselves or QPR draw in the FA Cup third round on Saturday, then our Premier League match scheduled for Monday, January 14 will revert to Saturday, January 12.

The rescheduled match would kick-off at Loftus Road at 12.45pm and still be televised by Sky Sports.

FA Cup third round replays are scheduled for the week commencing Monday, January 14.

We take on Coventry City in the third round at the Lane on Saturday while QPR face West Brom at Loftus Road.

Both third round ties kick-off at 3pm tomorrow, so fans will know of any fixture change by 5pm.

Annoying really. I couldn't go to the game because it was being played on Monday, and now I'm pretty sure I can't get a ticket.

Yes, it is, Ade is fine position sooo many times, sooo many games, but for one reason or another, he just isn't doing it. Patience I guess, we are still scoring thankfully.

Putting another striker in there doesn't necessarily mean we'll score more though.

Yeah true. He isn't scoring freely. When Ade gets chances, it is like he's conscious that he's not slotting goals away, and it's not coming naturally to him. But he will hopefully hit a streak. He does add a lot to our all round game. He can dribble very well, shield the ball, bring in other players, defend set pieces and score from them as he did from Lennon's cross the other week.

He will be missed if he does go to the ACN.

From the OS

FA CUP REPLAYS/POTENTIAL DATE CHANGE OF QPR - REMINDER

A reminder to fans that should either ourselves or QPR draw in the FA Cup third round on Saturday, then our Premier League match scheduled for Monday, January 14 will revert to Saturday, January 12.

The rescheduled match would kick-off at Loftus Road at 12.45pm and still be televised by Sky Sports.

FA Cup third round replays are scheduled for the week commencing Monday, January 14.

We take on Coventry City in the third round at the Lane on Saturday while QPR face West Brom at Loftus Road.

Both third round ties kick-off at 3pm tomorrow, so fans will know of any fixture change by 5pm.

Think that suit us better, I never enjoy Monday night kick offs, get the feeling we will always struggle in them but not sure how true that is.

Annoying really. I couldn't go to the game because it was being played on Monday, and now I'm pretty sure I can't get a ticket.

I'm the opposite. I have a ticket through the Bronze allocation, but can't go on Saturday. Not sure how this works, will the TO will give me a chance of a refund? I don't think they've debited anything from my card yet.

Scott: "I'm delighted to have got through the game & I feel good. A great performance especially in the first half. Our main focus this week has been to start quickly and that's what we did so that was very pleasing"

Dempsey: "We knew it was going to be tough & we had to be professional. We had to take the game to them & score early. I feel like I'm doing well and getting assists or goals so it's good to be back after my injury"

Assou Ekotto: "It was good to be back, it's important to kill the game early in these types of games & that's what we did"

Sounds like a properly professional performance from our lads.

Good to be able to take it easy for a bit in the second half after a tough run of games.

Bring on the next game :D

Steffen: "We needed the right attitude today and we did have. We pressured them, created chances and were very professional today. They had nothing to lose and we kept a clean sheet which was great to see too. Great to see Benoit back. He played really well, strong on the ball and put in great performance after 4 months out. Scott worked so hard, really proud of him and his performance. A very positive performance all round"

Really enjoyed today, the Coventry fans created a lively atmosphere to which the Spurs fans responded..

Some lovely football in the 1st half, 2nd half was a lot flatter but the game was won..

Parker was excellent, Hudd passed it well, Bale was a class above, quality at times, Siggy not bad, Adebayor, jeez he was shocking it was like he was running in quick sand today, and Dempsey well he was outstanding, some of his skills, proper tekkers, back four and brad all defended well with one good save from him too

Coventry fans were good until they started singing about how brick we are as Arsenal got 6 against them..

Good day, atmosphere and very enjoyable afternoon

Late post (and also first post -- hi!) but thanks for the Firefox proxy instructions. Was able to hear the BBC stream that way, but only for the crap end of the match. Ah well. Wasn't expecting to find no TV coverage and therefore not a single stream. :rolleyes:

Back