• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Coventry City OMT***

That run he made was top notch, and the 2nd half free-kick felt like slow-motion, goalie didnt move,but being on the wrong side of the goal in the Paxton we didnt know how wide it went, as the Jumbotron never showed a replay, was is only inches wde?

I think it was very very close

Re: Spurs Vs Coventry - Goals

I thought Dempsey was pretty downbeat in that, the usual "rehearsed" statements about it being a tough game etc, but not a hint of arrogance at all, just very matter of fact.
Yes. No flimflam.
Thought the Bale goal was superbly taken but was a bit flukey but the other 2 were well taken. As Clint says and as Lampard has proven over the years-get 'em on target and there's a chance they go in.
Am I right in thinking that more and more goals are the results of deflections?

We are winning games IN SPITE of Ade at the moment not because of him. He has been DIRE this season. We need a top quality STRIKER now.

PS I thought he was great at the beginning of last season - but even the most rose tinted must admit he has been poor this season. To make sure of CL we NEED another striker now. Not getting one has cost us CL in the last two seasons - lets not make the same mistake again please.

Two simple questions-did you see the game and what is your opinion of the Crouch years?

Did we win against Reading despite his goal?

Last edited:
I've read that Harry considered Ade one of the least confident players he's ever worked with. Basically, his head drops quickly when something doesn't go right...and he's had a lot not really going right this season, from the protracted Emirates Marketing Project transfer struggle to the injuries, the red card, and the specter of Togo.

That matches what Wenger commented about him after he left Arsenal and makes some sense to me, since he doesn't actually appear lazy from what I've seen (haven't watched this game), but rather not sharp this season. He's still floating around and trying to link up play, but looks labored and tentative in front of goal. He's also slightly slower in that area, but I can't tell if that's down to lack of self-belief or his injuries.

He has plenty of reasons to be depressed too. I think AVB prefers more of a pure-ish number 9, which is why he's stuck with Defoe despite JD not fitting in a team ethos, and why we're pursuing Leandro. Ade's lack of clinicalness isn't such a big downside when his upsides amplify a fluid, productive no. 10 like VdV, but right now we have neither a no. 10 nor the fluidity in attack from early last season.

That's a team chemistry problem as much as an Ade problem. I think we need to circulate the ball more rapidly and creatively in midfield, particularly through the center, before we can see Ade start to brighten up again. Ade's strength is his fluency in building a play, not his ability to beat a man and score individual goals. I know we've improved of late, but our large shots count is pretty reliant on individual runs and dribbles (and long, difficult shots) and I think we still need to create much more through the center and more team-based, clear-cut chances from one-touch passing moves. Even Ade in his best form is not going to do much if the rest of the team are not on the same page.

A fluent passing style is my preference, so I'd prefer we bring in more technical passers elsewhere to complement Ade/another creative striker rather than sell him and pray desperately for an uber-no.9 who can do it all on his own; the latter are far too rare with our wallet, and we're effed if they get injured. Yes, clinical-ness in a striker is important, but I think it's even more important to boost our ability to consistently create clear chances in every game, such that even not-so-sharp players can score and we're not screwed if one superstar gets injured. That means the intelligence and chemistry of the striker to the rest of the team is crucial as well.

Another top post. Nobody is suggesting he is firing on all 6 ATM but if he can get fired up like against Arsenal (obviously without the sending off!) and more creativity in midfield then the sky's the limit!!

Didn't look as though he was firing on any yesterday. Touch of a rapist, repeatedly robbed of the ball and hardly ever got on the end of things even when he looked odds-on favorite. Just doesn't look a happy bunny, I'm afraid.

Didn't look as though he was firing on any yesterday. Touch of a rapist, repeatedly robbed of the ball and hardly ever got on the end of things even when he looked odds-on favorite. Just doesn't look a happy bunny, I'm afraid.
What was the score?
Every player has a bad day and strikers are a moody bunch and Ade has more reason than many to have mental problems.
I ain't ready to give up on him-especially when we are scoring 3 goals a game when he plays

I'm not suggesting you should "give up" on him, not that it would make any difference whether you did or not, but AFAIC, it was 3-0 in spite of his presence on yesterday's occasion, not because of it. His contribution was pretty poor.

I thought Dempsey was pretty downbeat in that, the usual "rehearsed" statements about it being a tough game etc, but not a hint of arrogance at all, just very matter of fact.

Indeed. Not sure what Spurs7891's definition of arrogant is.

I thought the interview was fine, no arrogance or misplaced confidence whatsoever. A good job very well done, and all credit to Clint one of my favourite players. Looks like he is bang in form to take over from Ade if he's off to Africa.

Last edited:

I think Spurs7891 must have watched the Ekotto interview by mistake, then mistaken Ekotto for Dempsey (clearly not a racist award 2013 locked up). That interview is how you do a bit of arrogance.

I'm not suggesting you should "give up" on him, not that it would make any difference whether you did or not, but AFAIC, it was 3-0 in spite of his presence on yesterday's occasion, not because of it. His contribution was pretty poor.

If we keep winning 3-0 despite him, I will put up with that.

Good for you, but we won't, will we. We aren't going to be playing Coventry City every week. Look, I don't dislike Adebayor as a player; I was in favour of our resigning him in the summer, plus he comes across as quite a thoughtful person, not as a typical thick footballer. There have been many occasions when he has contributed effectively to our forward line, and hopefully, he will do that again, but yesterday was certainly no example, and his current poor form has to be a concern.

Good for you, but we won't, will we. We aren't going to be playing Coventry City every week. Look, I don't dislike Adebayor as a player; I was in favour of our resigning him in the summer, plus he comes across as quite a thoughtful person, not as a typical thick footballer. There have been many occasions when he has contributed effectively to our forward line, and hopefully, he will do that again, but yesterday was certainly no example, and his current poor form has to be a concern.
I didn't see him yesterday but all the reports say he was poor.
But he scored a decisive goal in the previous game which indicates good form to me.

Well, we'll have to see. For me, though, one swallow doesn't make a summer, and he's not doing a great deal else to justify his place at the moment.

Well said Mudshark - Ade needs dropping for a bit - if any other player was contributing like that, he'd be dropped.

The guy is supposed to be our hugely experienced, hugely remunerated talisman, and is contributing less than every other player on the field.

I wanted us to sign the Adebayor of last year, but me no likey the Adebayor of this year - rest him and put someone in that can score from the 5 chances we make him every game.

Look at THFC6061's stats - 3 goals and 0 assists - not good enough.

Are we playing Ade because he can defend corners? Sounds like Crouchy again.

Well said Mudshark - Ade needs dropping for a bit - if any other player was contributing like that, he'd be dropped.

The guy is supposed to be our hugely experienced, hugely remunerated talisman, and is contributing less than every other player on the field.

I wanted us to sign the Adebayor of last year, but me no likey the Adebayor of this year - rest him and put someone in that can score from the 5 chances we make him every game.

Look at THFC6061's stats - 3 goals and 0 assists - not good enough.

Are we playing Ade because he can defend corners? Sounds like Crouchy again.

He is barely in the bloody box. Read my post above, his movement is making space for our attacks. Just because you aren't the second last player to touch the ball before it hits the back of the net does not mean you haven't assisted the goalscorer. When we had Crouch in the team it was completely different - he would simply stand in the box giving away freekicks (rightly or wrongly) as he tried to win knockdowns from Dawson hoofs or Bale crosses to set up VDV. To compare Ade to Crouch is a joke, Ade even in this recent run where he hasn't been at his best has contributed 5 times more than Crouch ever could.

Obviously he should have scored more but he really isn't playing that badly and offers more to the team than Defoe. As does Dempsey.

Defoe hasn't hit bad form because of Ade, he has hit it because that's what always happens - he can't stop scoring for about 8 games then loses his golden touch for a month or 2, then finds it and bangs in goals for a while. He is a streaky player and he isn't on a hot streak right now, I don't think dropping Adebayor will simply solve that.

Crouch single handedly fudged up a whole season. Ade scored in his last EPL start and we average 3 goals a game in our last 4 with him starting.
If it ain't broke-don't fix it.

Re yesterday:

If you were sat in block 23, row 21, seats 207/208

you are a non-stop talking **** who knows fudge-all about football.

:rolleyes:

Back