• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Chelski OMT***

Re: ***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Crystal Palace OMT***

What effect do you think it had?

im asking you - seeings as you think it disrupted just about everything to do with our attacking play i would have thought you would have been eager to list off what all those things were.

im asking you - seeings as you think it disrupted just about everything to do with our attacking play i would have thought you would have been eager to list off what all those things were.

And I just have. In fact, twice by accident. -sorry.

If you can't see the difference between Soldado and Lamela, their different positions, skill sets, the different attributes they offer the team, then I really don't know where to start.

Don't you think that by making the one change from Soldado to Lamela, there weren't any changes to the team shape or play of others?

im not asking you for the differences between the two players - im asking you to expand on the statement :

It wasn't just one change. It disrupted the entire team. We completely changed just about everything in an attacking sense for no gain whatsoever

how did it disrupt the entire team?

what did we change in an attacking sense?

im not asking you for the differences between the two players - im asking you to expand on the statement :

how did it disrupt the entire team?

what did we change in an attacking sense?

We are going round in circles, so I suggest we call it a day here.

But that's the WHOLE point. It wasn't just one change. It disrupted the entire team. We completely changed just about everything in an attacking sense for no gain whatsoever.

On the one hand you are arguing that our players were tired because of the effort they put in against Everton, the more congested fixture schedule and the lesser time Poch has had with them compared to Mourinho and use this to somehow "explain" their tiredness. Yet on the other hand, you say it was only one change.

So, if the players were tired, why not make wholesale changes and save them for Palace? If they weren't tired, keep the same team, formation and strategy that worked so well against Everton?

To make the one change that fundamentally disrupts the whole team shape makes little sense to me.

You really need the quotation marks? You really didn't think Mason for example looked more tired against Chelsea than against Everton?

We don't have the squad currently to make wholesale changes without a massive dip in quality. Had players like Dembele, Paulinho, Townsend etc performed at a similar level as those they would replace then perhaps. If Chadli had shown the kind of defensive effort that we know Lennon puts in regularly and Eriksen put in against Everton, then perhaps. But we don't. So tiredness had to be weighed up against the quality and form of the players I think. When Poch did that, and he of course knows a lot more about how the players are doing than we do, one change made sense. It was also the position that most likely was expected to put in a real effort to stop Matic and Fabregas in particular from just running the game, so arguably the most important position to make a change in.

I disagree that it disrupted the whole team shape. I just cannot see how that can be true. And in the opening 20 minutes, if the whole team shape was disrupted, I have to say our players adapted tremendously well.

Whatever sense it makes to you our performance was quite good. We lost 3-0, but everyone including Mourinho could see that it was harsh. We conceded first and that obviously massively influenced the flow of the game, but everyone including Mourinho could see that up until then we looked the most likely to score and we had the better chances. Even after they got 70-ish minutes of sitting back and counter attacking thanks to the two quick goals they really didn't create much and although we put our shots wide the total shots stat was pretty close. We weren't played off the park, we weren't dominated, we just lost away to the best team in the league.

I have a feeling that if Kane had tucked away one of his early chances and we had gone on to get something from the game very few posters would have complaints about the one change Poch made.

You really need the quotation marks? You really didn't think Mason for example looked more tired against Chelsea than against Everton?

We don't have the squad currently to make wholesale changes without a massive dip in quality. Had players like Dembele, Paulinho, Townsend etc performed at a similar level as those they would replace then perhaps. If Chadli had shown the kind of defensive effort that we know Lennon puts in regularly and Eriksen put in against Everton, then perhaps. But we don't. So tiredness had to be weighed up against the quality and form of the players I think. When Poch did that, and he of course knows a lot more about how the players are doing than we do, one change made sense. It was also the position that most likely was expected to put in a real effort to stop Matic and Fabregas in particular from just running the game, so arguably the most important position to make a change in.

I disagree that it disrupted the whole team shape. I just cannot see how that can be true. And in the opening 20 minutes, if the whole team shape was disrupted, I have to say our players adapted tremendously well.

Whatever sense it makes to you our performance was quite good. We lost 3-0, but everyone including Mourinho could see that it was harsh. We conceded first and that obviously massively influenced the flow of the game, but everyone including Mourinho could see that up until then we looked the most likely to score and we had the better chances. Even after they got 70-ish minutes of sitting back and counter attacking thanks to the two quick goals they really didn't create much and although we put our shots wide the total shots stat was pretty close. We weren't played off the park, we weren't dominated, we just lost away to the best team in the league.

I have a feeling that if Kane had tucked away one of his early chances and we had gone on to get something from the game very few posters would have complaints about the one change Poch made.

I just don't agree with you on this. Anyhow, let's see if it works out today.

Back