• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Chelski OMT***

Kane and Bentaleb at least showing the right kind of reaction to the press:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/harry-kane-calls-on-tottenham-to-pick-themselves-up-for-crystal-palace-match-9902496.html

I'm guessing most Spurs fans would have accepted 3 points from the Everton and Chelsea games if offered it before the games. That's what we got along with one very good performance and one at least acceptable performance. Now we move on from those very tough games to a game that on paper seems very winnable. If we can keep up the intensity, like Bentaleb indicates, we'll have a great chance.

As I say, we'll see...our players over the years have been VERY good at showing the right kind of reaction in the press ;-)

The proof of the pudding will be what happens on the pitch vs Palace. 3 games in 6 days may prove tough from the energetic way that Poch likes us to play. Hopefully if we can get an early goal and then control possession for a while before getting another that will good for saving energy purposes. A bit like Chelski in fact

As I say, we'll see...our players over the years have been VERY good at showing the right kind of reaction in the press ;-)

The proof of the pudding will be what happens on the pitch vs Palace. 3 games in 6 days may prove tough from the energetic way that Poch likes us to play. Hopefully if we can get an early goal and then control possession for a while before getting another that will good for saving energy purposes. A bit like Chelski in fact

True.

Some rotation might be a good idea imo with those 3 games in 6 days. Soldado should be fresh and rested, won't hurt. We have Chadli that should be raring to go and Lamela has only played 90-ish minutes over those two games. Naughton should be well rested too if we want to bring him in at right back.

Oh. And isn't it about time someone starts the Palace OMT? I would, if not for the fact that I started the Partizan one and I don't feel like testing my luck with the OMT gods by starting another one so soon.

But come on! Quickly closing in on 48 hours until kick off, someone man (or woman) up already!

Don't you worry yourself Cleveland, sort yourself out but in the mean time comfort yourself knowing I'll look after your Katie ...

Her boobies ...I mean , she's in safe hands with me...:juggle:

Also ......... I want to know why, after Hazard scored his goal , why weren't he booked for crowd baiting like Chadli earlier in the season, away to the Scum ?

There were a lot of positives yesterday. But we really do have to stop making silly mistakes. We have been saying this for years and years. There's something about that ground. Lloris has been imperious this season but even he succumbed to the hoodoo. We just honestly have got to cut it out. Its a mentality thing. We are always on the verge of a silly mistake. It plays on the players' minds. Chelsea mistakes are so few and far between that they just don't believe they will make any anymore.

Seems the French press are blaming Spurs for giving their goalie bad juju... perhaps we'll have better feng shui when we finally move to the new stadium...

B4ADohTIIAAPhus.jpg

https://twitter.com/TalkingTHFC/status/540444255203106817

Didn't expect anything from this match. But still it is disappointing we went down too easily to Chelsea. Thought this would be a close match with us making Chelsea work hard to win. Instead, after dominating for the first 20 mins, we had no answer once Chelsea scored their first goal. Disappointing thing is, we did have a fair share of possession but couldn't make use of it. Chelsea were not that great but we made it easier for them by not making use of our chances.

Obviously people will blame the defence for the way we conceded all the goals. But our attack had to take large part of the blame as well. Kane should have done better with the 2 chances he got early in the first half. He wasted a golden chance to put us ahead when he headed onto the post despite no one challenging him. Similiarly, he shot wildly when he had only the goalie to beat a few mins later. It could have put pressure on Chelsea if we had scored earlier.

Thought Pochettino did a mistake by playing too many youngsters in this match. I think experience will always be more usefull when playing against big teams. We should have played Dembele and Capoue in midfield, instead of Mason and Bentaleb. Also, Soldado should have started instead of the inexperienced Kane and Chadli should have started in place of Lamela. After scoring his first league goal of the season against Everton, we should have let Soldado continue his momentum. Not sure why we didn't start our top scorer Chadli. As shown against Arsenal, Chadli has proven that he can score against big teams.

Really annoyed with our defending for all the goals. Thought Lloris could have done better with the first goal as he could have saved it. And Lloris was at fault for the second goal as his poor kick went direct to the Chelsea player from which they scored. This was not the first time Lloris' poor kick caused problems for us. He must have one of the worst goal kicks around. Not sure why a top goalkeeper can't improve his kicks. The defenders have to take their fair share of blame as well. Thought Vertonghen could have tackled better for the 2nd and 3rd goal. Also thought Fazio was too slow to help Vertonghen for the 3rd goal as well.

It is really disappointing we still can't beat Chelsea away since 1990. Even more disappointing to get humiliated like that. Hope Pochettino and the players have learned a thing or two from this defeat.

Last edited:
yeah, it's the making it easy for them that hurts, how many times have we seen the sides right at the bottom go there and nick a point by just doing the basics doggedly

yeah, it's the making it easy for them that hurts, how many times have we seen the sides right at the bottom go there and nick a point by just doing the basics doggedly

Chelsea might underestimate Sunderland, but Mourinho won't let them underestimate us. They've also got the fans providing a semblance of an atmosphere.

Didn't expect anything from this match. But still it is disappointing we went down too easily to Chelsea. Thought this would be a close match with us making Chelsea work hard to win. Instead, after dominating for the first 20 mins, we had no answer once Chelsea scored their first goal. Disappointing thing is, we did have a fair share of possession but couldn't make use of it. Chelsea were not that great but we made it easier for them by not making use of our chances.

Obviously people will blame the defence for the way we conceded all the goals. But our attack had to take large part of the blame as well. Kane should have done better with the 2 chances he got early in the first half. He wasted a golden chance to put us ahead when he headed onto the post despite no one challenging him. Similiarly, he shot wildly when he had only the goalie to beat a few mins later. It could have put pressure on Chelsea if we had scored earlier.

Thought Pochettino did a mistake by playing too many youngsters in this match. I think experience will always be more usefull when playing against big teams. We should have played Dembele and Capoue in midfield, instead of Mason and Bentaleb. Also, Soldado should have started instead of the inexperienced Kane and Chadli should have started in place of Lamela. After scoring his first league goal of the season against Everton, we should have let Soldado continue his momentum. Not sure why we didn't start our top scorer Chadli. As shown against Arsenal, Chadli has proven that he can score against big teams.

Really annoyed with our defending for all the goals. Thought Lloris could have done better with the first goal as he could have saved it. And Lloris was at fault for the second goal as his poor kick went direct to the Chelsea player from which they scored. This was not the first time Lloris' poor kick caused problems for us. He must have one of the worst goal kicks around. Not sure why a top goalkeeper can't improve his kicks. The defenders have to take their fair share of blame as well. Thought Vertonghen could have tackled better for the 2nd and 3rd goal. Also thought Fazio was too slow to help Vertonghen for the 3rd goal as well.

It is really disappointing we still can't beat Chelsea away since 1990. Even more disappointing to get humiliated like that. Hope Pochettino and the players have learned a thing or two from this defeat.

Capoue and Dembele have been total turd all season and Bentaleb was probably the best midfielder on the pitch against Chelsea across both teams with Mason putting in a decent performance too, yet you think Caoue & Dembele should have played? No wonder we sack so many managers.....

Back