• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v CHELSEA - FA CUP SEMI FINAL OMT**

Harry needed to leave VdV on. He was asking questions. If you want to gamble, take a centre-half of and go 3 at the back...

...but I'm sorry.

This was about the referee. There is only so much a footballer believes is possible when a referee is so obviously fudging BENT!
Should have been Benny off...Bale to left back

Harry needed to leave VdV on. He was asking questions. If you want to gamble, take a centre-half of and go 3 at the back...

...but I'm sorry.

This was about the referee. There is only so much a footballer believes is possible when a referee is so obviously fudging BENT!

Or take off Walker, who'd been largely ineffective. In hindsight its obvious. But it was the same problem against Norwich. And today you could see how tight it was in midfield, that the game was hinged on midfield. Those blaming individual players are wide of the mark imo.

After watching Man U get their 'normal' soft penalty and now watching a ref at best guessing that a goal had been scored, I'm certain something is up. In both cases the refs were close and had a clear line of sight. Perhaps they are intimidated by the Fascist leader of Chelsea? I think, our players and Redknapp need to get more into the faces of refs, because otherwise this is going to keep happening. I cannot remember the last time Man U or Chelsea were on the wrong end of a really bad decision in English football, it just never happens, but Spurs.....

Whilst many (including me) question Harry's tactical acumen, perhaps the fact that we had effectively our first choice team and formation and we still looked a bit short on our passing and decision-making; how many clear-cut chances did we create?
How good really was Modric? Walker's crossing - any good? Where was big mouth Bale most of the game?

Tbh, the ghost goal was crucial, but Chelsea did look like the team with more know-how and when they had passges of good possession they looked more assured (and passed better).

Perhaps we have overrated our side a bit....

Last edited:
Lampard didnt see it, but said if it wasn't a goal they were lucky. Terry said he thought it wasn't a goal and that he thought he saved it off the line himself. King can't believe the ref gave the decision from where he was.

Has Harry been interviewed yet?

We need a thug in the side aswell to scare the opposition and the ref.

Why was Sandro not starting? He was good at the bridge a couple of weeks back. We were too open again. Modric is not a defender and limited physically to defend.

Our subs bench is really poor, maybe its time to spend a bit of money aswell. And stop getting old players falling apart.

After watching Man U get their 'normal' soft penalty and now watching a ref at best guessing that a goal had been scored, I'm certain something is up. In both cases the refs were close and had a clear line of sight. Perhaps they are intimidated by the Fascist leader of Chelsea? I think, our players and Redknapp need to get more into the faces of refs, because otherwise this is going to keep happening. I cannot remember the last time Man U or Chelsea were on the wrong end of a really bad decision in English football, it just never happens, but Spurs.....

Problem is though - we got a lot of help from the ref against Norwich, but still didn't win. It's part of the game - we should be able to use it either way.

Exactly. Norwich were denied a stonewall penalty at 1-0 up at whl. 45 seconds later, it was 1-1. They still won the match, against a far superior team. When he get a decision like that against us, we collapse. Something needs to be done about this attitude. What though I'm not really sure.

went 2 up against the scum, yet they had the bottle and skill to smash us 5-2

we could have come back from 2-0 today. At 2-1 it was game on, but we are Tottenham and we dont do storming comebacks when it matters

Am I the only one still hurting more because of Mondays's loos to Norwich? At least Chelsea are a team of seasoned if getting older winners.

Still hurts mind...

Strange feelings I'm going through this season when we've been battered. Usually I'd be extremely tinkled off but I'm just numb, disappointed and wondering how on Earth we can have such good players (which they are) and yet a certain point in the game totally drains any belief they had in actually winning the match. It's not hurting me as much as it should, maybe the players are having that affect on me?

Strange feelings I'm going through this season when we've been battered. Usually I'd be extremely tinkled off but I'm just numb, disappointed and wondering how on Earth we can have such good players (which they are) and yet a certain point in the game totally drains any belief they had in actually winning the match. It's not hurting me as much as it should, maybe the players are having that affect on me?

You, Sir, are just a real seasoned Tottenham fan as you've seen it all before...if we give away a 12 point lead in third place, plus lose 5-2 to L'Arse after being 2-0 up, what's a 5-1 defeat in a FA Cup semi?

I don't like watching Spurs on ITV. I don't rate Atkinson as a ref. We look "gone", both players and management.

The only consolation is that several other PL teams have turned things around dramatically this season, plus the fact that we did so recently.

So there's hope. That's all. Hope.

COYS!!!!

Back