• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur U21 v Chel$ea U21 OMT***

the fact hes played u23 level at intermationals at that age is unreal

Yep.

Although Martin Odegaard recently played a full international for Norway in a European Championship qualifier, aged 15! Incredible.

To be fair, though, Odegaard is an attacking midfielder so there's less responsibility on his shoulders. CCV is a central defender - much more difficult for a young player.

Last edited:
Josh onomah looks to be the one who will burst through to the first team in the nxt year. Want to try and watch a few more of these games as they are certainly more interesting than the first team.

He has been talked about for 2 - 3 years - wanna see him play this season - hopefully if we continue to be so gutless a couple of our kids may get a go

Josh onomah looks to be the one who will burst through to the first team in the nxt year. Want to try and watch a few more of these games as they are certainly more interesting than the first team.

He has been talked about for 2 - 3 years - wanna see him play this season - hopefully if we continue to be so gutless a couple of our kids may get a go

The next player to break into the first team picture will be either Pritchard or Veljkovic, IMO. Maybe Ryan Fredericks, who is earning rave reviews at Middlesborough, might get a chance too. Ceballos might make an appearance or two before any of that lot since he already has the advantage of having a first team squad number. But, long term, I think the others have a better chance of earning a consistent place. Of course, there's Tom Carroll too but I get the feeling that he's just going to fall short of the level to which Spurs aspire.

Of the younger group, Onomah, Oduwa, Winks, Carter-Vickers, Walker-Peters, Ogilvie, Ball, Lesniak, Miller, Maghoma and Glover all look to have genuine potential. Not to mention Marcus Edwards, who is younger still. Obviously just potential, though at this stage. No telling which of them will continue to progress.

Given that we already have 5 academy graduates in the first team picture (Kane, Mason, Townsend, Rose, Bentaleb), plus decent players we've recently sold for good money (Caulker, Livermore), and given that every player mentioned in this post has come through the academy within the past six years, it shows that the hard work put in by John McDermott and his team over the past ten years is finally paying off.

Very encouraging.

Last edited:
The next player to break into the first team picture will be either Pritchard or Veljkovic, IMO. Maybe Ryan Fredericks, who is earning rave reviews at Middlesborough, might get a chance too. Ceballos might make an appearance or two before any of that lot since he already has the advantage of having a first team squad number. But, long term, I think the others have a better chance of earning a consistent place. Of course, there's Tom Carroll too but I get the feeling that he's just going to fall short of the level to which Spurs aspire.

Of the younger group, Onomah, Oduwa, Winks, Carter-Vickers, Walker-Peters, Ogilvie, Ball, Lesniak, Miller, Maghoma and Glover all look to have genuine potential. Not to mention Marcus Edwards, who is younger still. Obviously just potential, though at this stage. No telling which of them will continue to progress.

Given that we already have 5 academy graduates in the first team picture (Kane, Mason, Townsend, Rose, Bentaleb), plus decent players we've recently sold for good money (Caulker, Livermore), and given that every player mentioned in this post has come through the academy within the past six years, it shows that the hard work put in by John McDermott and his team over the past ten years is finally paying off.

Very encouraging.

Break into, as in get a semi-regular starting spot I probably agree with you from what I've seen of them, although Tom Carroll might just edge it?

Pritchard, Veljkovic, Carroll and Fredricks are out on loan though. If someone is to be given some game time this season in for example the last EL group game, a league cup game off the bench etc I would think Onomah is pretty close to the top of the list..?

Agree that it's very encouraging!

Break into, as in get a semi-regular starting spot I probably agree with you from what I've seen of them, although Tom Carroll might just edge it?

Pritchard, Veljkovic, Carroll and Fredricks are out on loan though. If someone is to be given some game time this season in for example the last EL group game, a league cup game off the bench etc I would think Onomah is pretty close to the top of the list..?

Agree that it's very encouraging!

Yep, of the younger players, Josh Onomah is one of the most likely to get an early call up - along with Harry Winks and Nathan Oduwa. Kyle Walker-Peters also has a chance because of our current shortage of fit right backs.

Very encouraging.

Yes but they are on loan. I think velkovic'a loan may get extended should he impress.

Velkovic looks really good but quite small for a centre half so possibly holding midfield is where he will break through.

Fredericks will never make it at spurs IMO but if we could sell him for a few million it would be absolutely amazing if he impresses on loan. Clearly has improved but is a much worse walker who is weak defensively.

Pritchard is good and I hope he gets a chance next year whilst I think Carroll needs to make a mark at Swansea or he will be sold.

Onomah (from what I've seen) is the most complete player in our set up and is the one people seem to talk about (people who follow the youth teams) the most. Fact he is consistently impressing in the 21s is encouraging.

Walker-Peters (good as he may be) isn't even playing RB for the U21s at the moment, so I don't see any first team chances in the near future.

Walker-Peters (good as he may be) isn't even playing RB for the U21s at the moment, so I don't see any first team chances in the near future.

He has played for the U21's a few times this season.

Didn't start last night (came on in 73rd minute) but there's a small chance that that could be because he's being held back for tomorrow night v Brighton. We don't have many options at right back at the moment and Eric Dier is just a kid playing out of position. He needs a rest.

KWP is still only 17 and a tad on the small side so, despite his obvious quality, it might be too early for him. But I wouldn't rule out the possibility altogether.

Yes but they are on loan. I think velkovic'a loan may get extended should he impress.

Velkovic looks really good but quite small for a centre half so possibly holding midfield is where he will break through.

Fredericks will never make it at spurs IMO but if we could sell him for a few million it would be absolutely amazing if he impresses on loan. Clearly has improved but is a much worse walker who is weak defensively.

Pritchard is good and I hope he gets a chance next year whilst I think Carroll needs to make a mark at Swansea or he will be sold.

Onomah (from what I've seen) is the most complete player in our set up and is the one people seem to talk about (people who follow the youth teams) the most. Fact he is consistently impressing in the 21s is encouraging.

Actually, I'd say that, from what I've seen, Harry Winks is the most complete player. And probably the most mature / ready (he is a year older than Onomah, after all). He has good ability on the ball, a good engine, tactical awareness and a combative nature. An excellent, all round, box to box midfielder. Onomah is more languid. More attacking. Not so good at the defensive side of the game. Probably has a higher eventual ceiling than Winks, if he fulfills his potential, but at this stage of his development, I'm not sure that he's ready to bear the responsibility as Winks is.

He has played for the U21's a few times this season.

Didn't start last night (came on in 73rd minute) but there's a small chance that that could be because he's being held back for tomorrow night v Brighton. We don't have many options at right back at the moment and Eric Dier is just a kid playing out of position. He needs a rest.

KWP is still only 17 and a tad on the small side so, despite his obvious quality, it might be too early for him. But I wouldn't rule out the possibility altogether.

I think it's more likely it was because he played for the U18s at the weekend .

KWP will never play fullback at a high level, he is a wide midfield player who can do a job at youth level in that position, but his pace and eye for a pass will hopefully allow him to develop be an attacking player. Of all the young players I've seen who are out on loan only Pritchard appears to have a tough will to win mentality, and that's what is needed to step up.

KWP will never play fullback at a high level, he is a wide midfield player who can do a job at youth level in that position, but his pace and eye for a pass will hopefully allow him to develop be an attacking player. Of all the young players I've seen who are out on loan only Pritchard appears to have a tough will to win mentality, and that's what is needed to step up.

That's a bold statement about someone so young.

I don't doubt that KWP could mature into more of a wide midfielder than full back, if that is what is asked of him. But I think full back is still more likely. If the current trend continues, there will be fewer opportunities for traditional wingers in the future. Meanwhile, full backs are being given ever more attacking responsibilities. So KWP's instincts and natural ability will be perfect for the role.

That's a bold statement about someone so young.

I don't doubt that KWP could mature into more of a wide midfielder than full back, if that is what is asked of him. But I think full back is still more likely. If the current trend continues, there will be fewer opportunities for traditional wingers in the future. Meanwhile, full backs are being given ever more attacking responsibilities. So KWP's instincts and natural ability will be perfect for the role.

I think I said something like that about a young welsh fullback we had, we had to let him go as he was no fullback

Anyway........official site has just announced that Kyle Naughton is in the squad for tomorrow night's game. So right back problem solved. No need for KWP to be thrust into the first team yet.

I'm sure I read a few years ago that Winks is the one to really keep an eye on. In and around the club he is very highly rated for what he can do on the pitch but more importantly he apparently has a top class mentality and attitude.

Interesting to see people count Rose as an academy graduate and not Lennon. Both were signed from Leeds at 17. Is it because Lennon was too good for our academy at that age? Or that Rose wasn't good enough for our team at the time so played in the youth sides?

well yeah - Lennon wasn't part of the development squad or whatever it's called these days whereas Rose spent many a year working his way up. ergo Rose is a product and Lennon isn't.

although i presume that they both technically qualify as club trained (if that's even a thing, just going on FM)

Back