• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

http://www.thstofficial.com/thst-news/thfcthst-board-to-board-meeting-2-may-2017-report

A few snippets here and there.
Won't please the media or fit the narrative to read Levy's line about stadium issues having no bearing on transfer dealings

Interesting read. I'd be interested to know what was assumed in our plans about 'success' given the comment from DL about 'success on the field being important'. CL qualification once every 4 years and top 5 finish on average each year?

From what I've seen in the pics...the new east stand looks a bit boxy and not any bigger than the east old stand!?

The main lower tier looks smaller than what we have now..oppinions,facts please?

Is it not possible to have the front of the top tier built overlapping a bit while we still have the mecano handy.:)
Another couple of thousand should not do any harm :eek: lol
Least,not forget, we had an incredible stand there before.Now that was the real old WHL!..and
The best stand in Britain at that time IMO.

BTW...I hope this new (WHL) ground does not become full of big prawn munching and champagne swigging yuppies.
It would kill everything we had!
Oh yeah..one more point .lol. The roof! The roof looks miles away from the fans.
Will that not stifle the atmosphere as well..oppinions as always?

Come on you Spurs.....
FWIW...

CfgVnUKXIAAB1CM.jpg

Paxton stand relative to the new stadium...

C_KqfZtXcAMmIwJ.jpg

Archibald Leitch's east stand under construction back in 1934...

C_XrHf2UQAAAPQk.jpg

Interesting comparing us as a club to Atletico Madrid...I wonder how much Levy and the guys over there shared advice. Seems we are at very similar stages.

TBF if I lived on The High Road, Northumberland Park, Worcester Avenue, Park Lane, or any of the immediate environs, I think I'd be a bit tinkled off come 0:00 on Monday but this clam lives at Tottenham Hale FFS:rolleyes:

Realistically if you don't like noise you don't live anywhere in London....

Apparently Mace have an "Accoustic Cabin" maybe they could let him have it. It'd work for me:)

TBF if I lived on The High Road, Northumberland Park, Worcester Avenue, Park Lane, or any of the immediate environs, I think I'd be a bit tinkled off come 0:00 on Monday but this clam lives at Tottenham Hale FFS:rolleyes:

Apparently Mace have an "Accoustic Cabin" maybe they could let him have it. It'd work for me:)

Surely they will be able to enjoy the peace and quiet with twice as many neighbours around for the weekend's

Nowadays, if a group of players or construction workers posted pictures of themselves, with this stand being built in the background, the pictures would be called - wait for it:

SHELFIES!

Uhh, thangkyu. Thangkyu vurry much. I'm here all week and back for the topping off ceremony.

Step forward big Martin jol on the mic

Someone mentioned the "Cruyff versus Hoddle" games in 1983

Cruyff was past it at 36 but said he would mark Hoddle out of the game... Hoddle destroyed him, making 4 goals in the first 45 minutes!

You'll also spot a young Ruud Gullit near the end, who scored 30 goals for them in 85 games according to Wikipedia.

It is a good watch. I am posting it in this thread because it has some good views of the ground in 83, looking very 'deconstructed'

FWIW...

CfgVnUKXIAAB1CM.jpg

C_KqfZtXcAMmIwJ.jpg

C_XrHf2UQAAAPQk.jpg
FWIW...

CfgVnUKXIAAB1CM.jpg

C_KqfZtXcAMmIwJ.jpg

C_XrHf2UQAAAPQk.jpg

Kandi 1971..?
The roof in the middle picture above dwarfs the old Stadium and does not go straight out as you say,more like curving straight up!
Must be an optical illusion eh?
CoySpurs..............."..................

If you live in any of those places I'd imagine you have far greater concerns than some noise and traffic.

Back