• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Don't they change the pitch every summer? That doesn't bother me and neither will the three newer stands. It will be sad to see the East Stand come down as that contains so much more history, the shelf and the link for the Leitch stadium. A pile of plastic blue seats will be nothing compared to the pile of yellow bricks.

There goes my Disney wrecking ball illusion. September!? How hard could it be? Goes to show, again, how much I know. :p

Nowadays buildings have to be taken down almost brick by brick. Building sites have very high recycling targets for all the materials. The east stand will probably have asbestos too, considering its age.

tottenham-ground-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.PNG

Last time I felt a genuine pang of anxiety like this, was seeing the wembley towers fall.

They are going to be placing the Cøckerel somewhere safe for prosterity, right?

Last edited:
Last time I felt a genuine pang of anxiety like this, was seeing the wembley towers fall.

They are going to be placing the Cøckerel somewhere safe for prosterity, right?

It's a replica. The original one has been in the West stand reception for about 20 years

Nowadays buildings have to be taken down almost brick by brick. Building sites have very high recycling targets for all the materials. The east stand will probably have asbestos too, considering its age.
Someone said 98% of WHL will be recycled in some form or another.

It will be really interesting to see WHL come down, peel back the fascia and see the guts.

I was on the front row of the Paxton. A guy came round with some sort of key which he was using to lock all the backs and "fuse boxes/switches (???) on the advertising hoardings, the lit ones with changing adverts, you know what I mean.

Anyway he was saying they're all being shipped out to a cricket ground. Turns out it's my turf....Headingley!

Someone said 98% of WHL will be recycled in some form or another.

It will be really interesting to see WHL come down, peel back the fascia and see the guts.

I was on the front row of the Paxton. A guy came round with some sort of key which he was using to lock all the backs and "fuse boxes/switches (???) on the advertising hoardings, the lit ones with changing adverts, you know what I mean.

Anyway he was saying they're all being shipped out to a cricket ground. Turns out it's my turf....Headingley!

Don't they change the pitch every summer? That doesn't bother me and neither will the three newer stands. It will be sad to see the East Stand come down as that contains so much more history, the shelf and the link for the Leitch stadium. A pile of plastic blue seats will be nothing compared to the pile of yellow bricks.

Just stack up those yellow bricks and let us all take one home?

Back