• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I'm so impressed with how the building of these large structures are organised. I can't even build a tree house, and here a bunch of people are putting up this colossus of a stadium piece by piece. Impressive. I'd like to know how they organise the work. They're building an apartment complex right next to where I live, and it's insane how fast it's going up. From just a bunch of rubble about a month back to actual walls and the basement going in now.

I'm in awe at the skills of some people. If everyone were like me, we'd have peace around the world, probably, but we'd be hungry all the time, would still live in caves and probably wouldn't have figured out how fire worked yet. We'd probably be extinct, to be honest. Killed by badgers.

Daisuk's diary over.

I'm so impressed with how the building of these large structures are organised. I can't even build a tree house, and here a bunch of people are putting up this colossus of a stadium piece by piece. Impressive. I'd like to know how they organise the work. They're building an apartment complex right next to where I live, and it's insane how fast it's going up. From just a bunch of rubble about a month back to actual walls and the basement going in now.

I'm in awe at the skills of some people. If everyone were like me, we'd have peace around the world, probably, but we'd be hungry all the time, would still live in caves and probably wouldn't have figured out how fire worked yet. We'd probably be extinct, to be honest. Killed by badgers.

Daisuk's diary over.

It's all computer modelled now. The smart people were the pyramid/colosseum/castle/cathedral builders who worked it all out on parchment

It's all computer modelled now. The smart people were the pyramid/colosseum/castle/cathedral builders who worked it all out on parchment

Well, the modelling/drawing is one thing. Even though that's impressive as well, I can fathom it, I understand how that works. But the organisation of all the constructors working together so quickly, in which order, with which materials and so on, seems such a big task to coordinate and to get everyone to do their job properly and on time with there being so many details to such a large building.

Shamelessly taken from the SSC thread... the terraces will be SPS sandwich plates i.e. 2 sheets of steel with a resin injected between.

It seems like a REALLY long winded process to me... just to make a strong steel area to screw seats onto... fairly interesting though and will be very quick to bosh these into place... COYS, get them screwed in and we can open the new stadium on bonfire night and burn down the old madam

Daisuk's diary over.

A lot now is done using BIM modelling - very clever software

But basically it's a programmer who estimates time to carry out the work based on previous details and estimates

That is reflected against the BOM (bill of materials) which lists everything needed to build it

BIM Is in effect 3D modelling of the end solution but including internals, thermal dynamics for the services (the sun will heat the glass so need more cooling), and clash detection so that the sequence of works actually works (e.g you don't try to build a level without suitable supports beneath

I'm a massive advocate of the BIM route as you can see everything before its built and tailor it around time, cost and quality

A lot now is done using BIM modelling - very clever software

But basically it's a programmer who estimates time to carry out the work based on previous details and estimates

That is reflected against the BOM (bill of materials) which lists everything needed to build it

BIM Is in effect 3D modelling of the end solution but including internals, thermal dynamics for the services (the sun will heat the glass so need more cooling), and clash detection so that the sequence of works actually works (e.g you don't try to build a level without suitable supports beneath

I'm a massive advocate of the BIM route as you can see everything before its built and tailor it around time, cost and quality

Thanks for that! Made it a bit clearer. :)

Thanks for that! Made it a bit clearer. :)

Trust me the build is complicated but is detailed every step of the way

It's very different to the old days of hand drawn images

I've been on sites now where they use big screens to show the next phase of work for the whole team to visualise (but they still have drawings)

It's amazing to think how much things have progressed even in the short time between our build and that of Arsenal

To be fair the big change as always is the technology

I should add that McAlpines that built the Death Star are a very good outfit for stadium builds

6ac2d27244fed3ed6f87985ad8be869e.jpg

99d1bf3ee80ec05be97a0848881ace47.jpg

Ctw7heqW8AABWHH.jpg

Ctw7fRQXYAAtIyM.jpg

4a8d20fdcec7b169e6cac6edcdb811d5.jpg

CtwXDOoXEAAEHKp.jpg

30033140766_ec81103f74_o.jpg

I was amazed today to see how this has come on just in the past month. There is now so much of the build visible when walking to the ground. Can't wait to see it progress throughout the season.

I was amazed today to see how this has come on just in the past month. There is now so much of the build visible when walking to the ground. Can't wait to see it progress throughout the season.

You'd be surprised how quickly they can erect (stop sniggering) stadiums once the groundwork has been laid. I remember the Emirates almost seemed to shoot up from nowhere after years of development.

Look how quickly Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project increased the capacity at their stadiums. Granted they only improved one stand, but they did it in a matter of weeks.

You'd be surprised how quickly they can erect (stop sniggering) stadiums once the groundwork has been laid. I remember the Emirates almost seemed to shoot up from nowhere after years of development.

Look how quickly Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project increased the capacity at their stadiums. Granted they only improved one stand, but they did it in a matter of weeks.

Same as any construction project - getting the shell of the building / stadium etc done is not even half the job; its the fit-out that takes the time

Back