• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

That is surely one of the worst written, least well informed pieces of gutter journalism I have ever had the misfortune to read. I wonder if the writer has any clue that we have zero net spend for the last four seasons?

For sure it will be a challenge but Levy has been building up to this for much longer so we are a long way down the road:

• funding is already in place (or so we are given to understand)
  • we already own the land
  • much of the preparatory groundwork has already been completed
  • as mentioned above, TV rights are much more substantial nowadays
  • our s-o-t-a new training ground is already helping produce outstanding home grown talent
  • the club is already on a sustainable financial footing so all additional income from the new stadium can help pay down debts
  • given all the above we are increasingly less dependent on the transfer market
On top of which, the likes of Henry, Fabregas, Nasri and Robin van Persie had already served several seasons at their prime before being movied on. In particular, Henry's best days were already well behind him.

Edit: also worth noting that Levy did NOT squirrel the Bale money away for the new stadium. His modus operandi is basically, buy cheap, sell big. So even if we do sell the likes of Harry further down the road, he has this virtuous habit of continually pulling new rabbits out of the hat.

Last edited:
I thought Daniel would be jumping at the chance to let us in on the latest plans. Now that the Archway debacle is complete how come he is not going out of his way to show us the final plans. Surely he had it all ready to go as soon as Archway was dealt with.

Remember that the deal almost certainly includes a huge sponsorship deal (naming rights etc). There will be PR people involved and plans in place to make sure the maximum exposure can be had to ensure the sponsors get value for money. Good for the club too of course.

Remember that the deal almost certainly includes a huge sponsorship deal (naming rights etc). There will be PR people involved and plans in place to make sure the maximum exposure can be had to ensure the sponsors get value for money. Good for the club too of course.

Im sure you are right. But being someone who loves some news the wait is almost agonising. Im really looking forward to seeing the final design, the possible sponsors etc and how it will effect us as a club and us fans. I for one want a season ticket. I gave mine up the year we got good under Jol as I could not afford it and not been able to get one since. So I want this new stadium.

But as a club we seem to do things very methodically ( not necessarily a bad thing ) but it seems to mean we get news very far down the road. Hell even our signings are late in the window and our shirts come out last as well. Just seems as fans we are always waiting on something longer than everyone else.

Im just being impatient. But this stadium thing has gone on way too long. So we deserve some sort of closure ;)

Seems fairly typical of the bleeding heart sh1te you would find penned by the qunts who write for that rag.

Just look at it from another angle: If that paper weren't full of that kind of article, it wouldn't be of any use to douchebag students trying to get laid. Seeing as that's the vast majority of their readership they have to fill it with nonsense like that.

Hey! I resemble that.

Or did, in my younger years. And by GHod, it didn't half work going to uni in Canada. Used to pull out a printed copy of the weekly overseas edition, when it was still the Manchester Guardian. Grab a coffee, head for the student lounge and wait for sweet young idealists to plunk down nearby and enquire, out of curiosity, what paper that was. Sincere conversations about issues of the day would follow. Memorable nights, too.

That said, the article we're referencing is total fishwrap.

From the results

Northumberland Development Project (NDP) Update

The Club has been actively engaged with developments that contribute to the uplift of the local area. To date we have delivered Brook House, in partnership with Newlon Housing Trust, which has 23 floors of shared ownership housing along with a new primary school. We have also completed Phase 1 of the NDP, Lilywhite House, which comprises a major new Sainsbury’s, a University Technical College and our new Club offices.

Visitors to the stadium will have seen the extensive site clearance work underway in preparation for the new stadium.

In respect of the last remaining property needed to complete the stadium site assembly, the lengthy challenge by Archway Sheet Metal Works Limited to the Secretary of State’s decision to grant a Compulsory Purchase Order (CPO) was comprehensively rejected on all grounds after a High Court hearing in February 2015.

Haringey Council has now started the legal CPO process that will culminate with the land price being determined by the Lands Chamber of the Upper Tribunal. On 6 March 2015 the Council published and served a Notice of Intention to execute a General Vesting Declaration in respect of the CPO land (which includes the Archway land). Service of this notice allows Haringey Council to execute a General Vesting Declaration from 7 May 2015. This will allow the Council to take possession of all remaining parcels of land under the CPO from 5 June 2015.

We shall continue to provide updates as matters progress

Good, good. THings continuing to progress and at least know, more or less for certain (ie barring some financial catastrophy) that its happening. We all want to see the final designs now!!!

As much of an official "hey ho let's go" announcement as we've seen :)

Hope we can soon remove Archway from this thread title and we can all start collectively scrubbing that horrible name from our collective consciousness. Couple of months now...

There will still be those who will say it will never get built.

Probably even at this point there will be those who would want Levy and Lewis gone from the club despite the obvious risks to the stadium project that would involve...

As much of an official "hey ho let's go" announcement as we've seen :)

Hope we can soon remove Archway from this thread title and we can all start collectively scrubbing that horrible name from our collective consciousness. Couple of months now...

Probably even at this point there will be those who would want Levy and Lewis gone from the club despite the obvious risks to the stadium project that would involve...

Absolutely 100% want Joe Lewis gone.

If only life were as simple as a game of Monopoly eh?

I do think Id rather a Mansour than a Lewis, probably. But I'd rather a Lewis than a Gaydemak or a Bates one of the other jokers that have been around.

o_O

Unless you can guarantee a billionaire buyer who wants to make Tottenham bigger than RM I think you're on your own there mate.

I am not too fussed about a Billionaire owner either. Just someone that isn't all take, and doesn't wait to build a stadium for over 5 years will do nicely. And not when he does decide to get the ball rolling after everyone has bent over and taken a decent rodgering to facilitate his all take attitude the money made from such a stadium game day intake then becomes pointless because the TV money means building the stadium for the reason we decided to do it becomes somewhat obsolete and just a big waste of everyone's time. I do wonder whether the advantage of this stadium will be what it should have been. Has the boat sailed.

Back