• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Tv money goes up for everyone so the extra financial benefit from a stadium move will still be there for us (not to mention the elevation in status a state of the art stadium would bring)

I am not too fussed about a Billionaire owner either. Just someone that isn't all take, and doesn't wait to build a stadium for over 5 years will do nicely. And not when he does decide to get the ball rolling after everyone has bent over and taken a decent rodgering to facilitate his all take attitude the money made from such a stadium game day intake then becomes pointless because the TV money means building the stadium for the reason we decided to do it becomes somewhat obsolete and just a big waste of everyone's time. I do wonder whether the advantage of this stadium will be what it should have been. Has the boat sailed.

You seemingly fail to acknowledge just how bad a new owner can be if you assume that whoever comes in will just automatically complete the new stadium project.

What if a new owner brings financial instability to the club, as so many owners have done at so many clubs? Have a look at Valencia's half built stadium fiasco as a quick example.

Lewis and Levy obviously have their own financial interests at heart. Just like just about every non-billionaire owner out there. Who are we kidding? When the previous Manu owners got the chance to make tons of money by selling to the Glazers they did just that, despite being very good owners over a solid period of time and reportedly being United fans. They could have screwed the club over in a big way, but chose to do so because millions and millions of pounds. Lewis and Levis at least has a long term development of the club strategy that they're quite good at and that benefits the club long term as well as them financially. Seems a hell of a lot better than the average owner to me.

Tv money goes up for everyone so the extra financial benefit from a stadium move will still be there for us (not to mention the elevation in status a state of the art stadium would bring)
Agree, that is true. But what will it mean. We can spend 200k a week player instead of 150k a week to Stoke City. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out. I truly hope there is an advantage. I do not now see that the new stadium will bridge the gap of non champions league football, but will keep us ahead of the pack.

Agree, that is true. But what will it mean. We can spend 200k a week player instead of 150k a week to Stoke City. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out. I truly hope there is an advantage. I do not now see that the new stadium will bridge the gap of non champions league football, but will keep us ahead of the pack.

A stadium alone doesn't do that for any club I think. Why would we expect it to?

But if we want to push on to become CL regulars (and title challengers) how do we expect to do that without a new stadium? The financial gap is much greater without a new stadium, surely bridging some of that financial gap makes it easier to push on?

You seemingly fail to acknowledge just how bad a new owner can be if you assume that whoever comes in will just automatically complete the new stadium project.

What if a new owner brings financial instability to the club, as so many owners have done at so many clubs? Have a look at Valencia's half built stadium fiasco as a quick example.

Lewis and Levy obviously have their own financial interests at heart. Just like just about every non-billionaire owner out there. Who are we kidding? When the previous Manu owners got the chance to make tons of money by selling to the Glazers they did just that, despite being very good owners over a solid period of time and reportedly being United fans. They could have screwed the club over in a big way, but chose to do so because millions and millions of pounds. Lewis and Levis at least has a long term development of the club strategy that they're quite good at and that benefits the club long term as well as them financially. Seems a hell of a lot better than the average owner to me.

No I don't, I 100% understand what a bad owner can be like. I perceive Joe Lewis to be one. I think there is better, and I also think there are worse. I think its more important to get right the person who does the day to day stuff.. Levy if you like right. We needed an owner who'd go that extra not someone that milks the situation whilst inputting the least amount he needs. You could argue the delay of being in the stadium two years ago has cost the club 50m. I know people will say with hindsight.. I know Levy and Lewis are a twosome but there is people out there quite capable of doing similar a Levy, one being Peter Gill, quietly behind the scene infiltrating FIFA and I have no doubt will be FIFA president within 3 years. But there are people.

A stadium alone doesn't do that for any club I think. Why would we expect it to?

But if we want to push on to become CL regulars (and title challengers) how do we expect to do that without a new stadium? The financial gap is much greater without a new stadium, surely bridging some of that financial gap makes it easier to push on?

I hope it does.. but I think the new TV deals lessen this. I also think that there is starting to be a massive gulf between the Champions League teams with there recent extraordinary sponsorships right now. 6 months ago I am like, yeah this stadium will financially put us up there. But quite simply it won't, or it will not bridge the gap as much as one thinks is now needed, but it will keep us ahead of the chasing pack. Status Quo. :(

Last edited:
No I don't, I 100% understand what a bad owner can be like. I perceive Joe Lewis to be one. I think there is better, and I also think there are worse. I think its more important to get right the person who does the day to day stuff.. Levy if you like right. We needed an owner who'd go that extra not someone that milks the situation whilst inputting the least amount he needs. You could argue the delay of being in the stadium two years ago has cost the club 50m. I know people will say with hindsight.. I know Levy and Lewis are a twosome but there is people out there quite capable of doing similar a Levy, one being Peter Gill, quietly behind the scene infiltrating FIFA and I have no doubt will be FIFA president within 3 years. But there are people.

Do you mean David Gill? It is a lot easier to infiltrate FIFA if you are the chairman of one of the biggest and richest clubs in Europe.

I hope it does.. but I think the new TV deals lessen this. I also think that there is starting to be a massive gulf between the Champions League teams with there recent extraordinary sponsorships right now.

I think that sponsorship deals is one area where it is very hard to criticise ENIC, we punch well above our weight in that respect.

I hope it does.. but I think the new TV deals lessen this. I also think that there is starting to be a massive gulf between the Champions League teams with there recent extraordinary sponsorships right now.

I think the new tv deal and stadium will mean the financial gap between us and those above will become less prohibitive - it will still remain ofcourse but essentially we will be able to offer wages higher than almost anyone outside of a small number of clubs (world wide) much smaller than currently is the case

I think the new tv deal and stadium will mean the financial gap between us and those above will become less prohibitive - it will still remain ofcourse but essentially we will be able to offer wages higher than almost anyone outside of a small number of clubs (world wide) much smaller than currently is the case

The new stadium is not just about increased revenue from a larger capacity. We will have greatly increased corporate hospitality too which I assume we will be looking to rent out on non-match days too.

I mean to include all revenue related to a new stadium, not just the gate receipts - so increased sponsorship and so on.

Do you mean David Gill? It is a lot easier to infiltrate FIFA if you are the chairman of one of the biggest and richest clubs in Europe.

Yeah sorry, my mistake David.

The new stadium is not just about increased revenue from a larger capacity. We will have greatly increased corporate hospitality too which I assume we will be looking to rent out on non-match days too.

I have said this already, it will be worth watching to see whether Enic sets up an entertainment arm to its business that means the revenues go elsewhere and not to Tottenham.

I think that sponsorship deals is one area where it is very hard to criticise ENIC, we punch well above our weight in that respect.

I am not critical of ENIC regarding this. SInce the stadium was first mooted money in the game has grown far greater I'd imagine anyone would think or dreamed off. The sponsorship totals of Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool are extraordinary and we are not even in the same district let alone ballpark (sorry for the Americanism). I hope that the new stadium does leap us into this group.. it could. But it will be a wait and see. Even then I can see teams waiting to see what we achieve from naming rights then going out and getting some of that themselves. Yes fan's will be outraged, but clubs being run the way they are right now.. don't and won't give a toss if it means keeping the status quo. In any case naming rights is for the media's benefit anyway, fans will always call it what they think is right.

Yeah. And you could argue that claiming from the outside what has and hasn't been possible with the stadium project is... arrogant at best.

So you think there are better and worse owners than Lewis. Where would you rank him then? Or rather, if we did get a new owner what's the percentage chance that we'll get a better one?

I am not too fussed about a Billionaire owner either. Just someone that isn't all take, and doesn't wait to build a stadium for over 5 years will do nicely. And not when he does decide to get the ball rolling after everyone has bent over and taken a decent rodgering to facilitate his all take attitude the money made from such a stadium game day intake then becomes pointless because the TV money means building the stadium for the reason we decided to do it becomes somewhat obsolete and just a big waste of everyone's time. I do wonder whether the advantage of this stadium will be what it should have been. Has the boat sailed.

Maybe there is also value in building a bigger stadium because it, y'know, allows more fans to watch the team play!!!!
I think thats still part of football isn't it; the thrill of turning up, getting a beer and going through the turnstiles - irrespective of fecking TV deals?

Jesus wept.

If we'd've built the stadium 5 years ago, we'd have a crap identikit bowl one like Leicester, Derby, Southampton, Arsenal or Wembley.

Hopefully now all the 00s mistakes have been ironed out, we'll get a properly designed one like the Anderlecht plans.

We could be at this stadium for another 115 years, so it's worth doing it properly.

Application relates to extant planning permission HGY/2011/2351 (“the outline permission”), which was issued on 29th March 2012 and provides consent for: “Proposed demolition and redevelopment to provide housing (Use Class C3) college (Use Class D1) and/or health centre (Use Class D1) and/or health club (Use Class D2) together with associated private and public open space, car parking, landscaping and related works; and altered footways, roads and vehicular accesses. Outline application with details of appearance, scale and landscaping reserved for subsequent approval.”

http://www.planningservices.haringey.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=280475

Seems to be limited to the residential aspect of the development, but read indications of planned changes to the public space landscaping.

I find this post extremely offensive and childish to an extent.

- From ALL your posts that I have read, you think that Joe Lewis is a bad owner. Can you name some that are good. Please don't include Russian crooks or oil playboys.
- According to you we have waited for over 5 years to build a stadium. Well, dear sir, we have in fact waited longer. Can you suggest how it could have been done earlier. Would your ideal owner have sorted the problem with the CPO any earlier and / or better.
- You believe that because of the extra TV money, building the stadium becomes obsolete AND a waste of everyone's time. That is a great attitude. I don't know if you are a TRUE Spurs fan, but there are thousands of fans who can't tickets to watch our great team. If we want to grow our fan-base, we have to have more bums on the seats.
- With the FFP rules, we need EVERY bit of extra revenue to compete with our rivals.
- Your comment : Has the boat sailed, is the one I really love. As someone who makes his living dealing in stocks and funds, it is often better to let a boat sail - if you are unsure or not ready. After all, boats sail all the time. You just have to find the right one.
COYS

Back