• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project - Archway On Fire

The wonders of modern engineering. I hope we attempt something with extravagant multi purpose usage so that he entire area will be a continuous hive of activity, and move upscale and modern.

Anyway it looks nailed on that Jackson will be going to Fulham as the UK franchise.

How nailed on? the things that put Spurs in the driving seat for me are: can you imagine Fulham playing in a 60k stadium? Is there even enough space to build one on the Craven Cottage site? Spurs seem to be far more popular in the states right now so it would seem to be mutually beneficial to go with Spurs?

I wouldn't mind the idea of sharing the stadium with an NFL franchise at all. Would bring a lot of tourists (and their money) into Tottenham. How many American fans are going to end up saying 'I'm a hotspurs fan because when I visited London I went to their stadium to watch the Jacksonville London Super Spurs play the packers..'?

If I was in charge of the stadium I'd have a movable pitch (like schalke) and the surface for NFL/Concerts etc would be underneath the football pitch.

Veltins-Arena-3.jpg

Edited to say: I'm aware we probably wouldn't have space for Schalke's system.

How nailed on? the things that put Spurs in the driving seat for me are: can you imagine Fulham playing in a 60k stadium? Is there even enough space to build one on the Craven Cottage site? Spurs seem to be far more popular in the states right now so it would seem to be mutually beneficial to go with Spurs?

I wouldn't mind the idea of sharing the stadium with an NFL franchise at all. Would bring a lot of tourists (and their money) into Tottenham. How many American fans are going to end up saying 'I'm a hotspurs fan because when I visited London I went to their stadium to watch the Jacksonville London Super Spurs play the packers..'?

If I was in charge of the stadium I'd have a movable pitch (like schalke) and the surface for NFL/Concerts etc would be underneath the football pitch.

Veltins-Arena-3.jpg

Edited to say: I'm aware we probably wouldn't have space for Schalke's system.

Grays_1890 was either joking or has got him/herself confused. I'm not sure which!

There has been no suggestion that an NFL franchise would be based at a redeveloped Craven Cottage. It's simply the fact that the owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars (the franchise considered most likely, by some, to move permanently to London) is also the owner of Fulham FC.

I was heading up potential sponsorship deals in the sports world last year (Sussex CCC and West Ham) with my old company and the conversation came up when discussing the potential in London and development of stadia and opportunities, West Ham were obviously selling the Olympic Stadium dream to us (we didn't participate). One conversation was related to Fulham and the fact the owner has designs to bring Jackson to the UK due to lack of local support and a real belief that the UK is a market of huge potential. The value would also work in reverse for Fulham who would gain appeal in association with the NFL, thus answering a question of "could Fulham play in a 60,000 stadium, maybe not but association with Jackson and the NFL would make them more marketable to the US and US based corporates etc.

I'm not saying its going to happen but I think not based on what I was told but also my head that its the most likely, Jackson as almost distressed stock in the US in terms of standing in the NFL and I think that's a key point, which teams move will create the least amount of ripples in the US?

Anyway I am sure there is someone with a finger on a better pulse than me who will say differently which is cool, was there not a rumour of NIKE investing in Tottenham a year or so back with the purpose of bringing NFL to the UK? That was def a left field rumour

BAck on track a little, rather than discussing the potential of the NFL in London, when this month is Archway's Appeal?

BAck on track a little, rather than discussing the potential of the NFL in London, when this month is Archway's Appeal?

Two day hearing, beginning on 15th January.

But it's possible that the judge will take a month or two before announcing his decision.

But it's possible that the judge will take a month or two before announcing his decision.

And then assuming it goes our way we wait a little longer to discover whether Archway will go to the European Courts ...

Then we wait several months to find out whether the European Courts will review the case ...

Then once they've decided it will, we wait a further period of months to discover the date of the hearing ...

Then once that has happened we wait another couple of months to learn the court's final ruling ..

Then ... then we learn it's back to square one because the stadium design is once again out of date ...

Then ... then ... then ...

Could it make a decision in our favour there and then.. I mean if he throws the case out could it be done on the day?

And then assuming it goes our way we wait a little longer to discover whether Archway will go to the European Courts ...

Then we wait several months to find out whether the European Courts will review the case ...

Then once they've decided it will, we wait a further period of months to discover the date of the hearing ...

Then once that has happened we wait another couple of months to learn the court's final ruling ..

Then ... then we learn it's back to square one because the stadium design is once again out of date ...

My understanding - though I could well be wrong about this - is that, if the High Court decision goes in our favour, Haringey can evict Archway and we can begin construction proper as soon as we are ready to do so. If Archway decide to take matters further - to the European Courts - and are successful there, then they will not be able to reclaim the property. They will merely be entitled to a financial award............which is unlikely to be as much as they are apparently demanding anyway.

Could it make a decision in our favour there and then.. I mean if he throws the case out could it be done on the day?

No idea, I'm afraid, although I don't see why not.

No - it can't go any further unless this judge actively gives them permission to appeal.

The fire also helps us with this. Archway aren't operating at this point in time and their consequential loss payments won't go on forever. They'll be under a lot of pressure from their insurance company to move into their new premises asap.

My understanding - though I could well be wrong about this - is that, if the High Court decision goes in our favour, Haringey can evict Archway and we can begin construction proper as soon as we are ready to do so.

Yeah - I think the timeframe is something like 4-6 weeks to vacate. As they've already vacated, they might not even be given that.

Surprised the council having deemed the place unsafe and asked archway to knock it down already. Considering the thousands that walk past it on match days.

Yeah - I think the timeframe is something like 4-6 weeks to vacate. As they've already vacated, they might not even be given that.

'Audere' on SSC reckons Archway is still operating:

I was at the lane on Monday Morning, just before setting off to Burnley.
Couple of things I noticed.
Archway is still operating, they have buildings behind the block that was damaged during the fire.
I could see that they are still in operation and will be until forced out!

Behind the factory was a hive a work taking place with diggers in full flow moving earth around.
It is quite a strange sight!
Ground work started in a sense the early stages of the stadium being built, and Archway still knocking out Refits for Kebab shops.
Interesting to see the result of the court date next week.

In true Archway fashion it would not come as a surprise me if they agreed to a deal on Jan 14th at 5pm

I think if any chance of a reasonable agreement was possible, Levy would take it. Why risk the uncertainty of a court decision, if something definite can be arranged. However annoying Archway may have been the future of the club is more important. Even now some goodwill and speed can be helpful.

I find it hard to believe Archway are still planning on staying. Since the fire their best interests have to be a move into new facilities as soon as possible, rather than waiting on an uncertain court decision before restoring the current facility. The activity in the back could just as well be preparing to move as normal activity. That said, I suspect the fire may have made them bitter and more stubborn.

That said, I suspect the fire may have made them bitter and more stubborn.

Not sure that is possible ;)

I Wish I could understand their stance. For a company who is not reliant on location I just dont understand why they are being so obstructive. Surely it works out better for them to move? So another court date on the Horizon. Can they appeal that as well? amazing they can have so many appeals and Ched Evans is not allowed one.

Archway either have a secret backer or the owner's don't give a **** about what happens to their business. They only care about being the stubborn ***** that stops our new stadium.

Back