• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project - Archway Have Appealed

Come on, deep down inside I think we all knew this wouldnt go smoothly. Lets face it, this is Tottenham we are on about, we are cursed, we all know that now.

Thanks Archway...tw#ts

Looks like Archway http://www.archwaysm.com/ make and install metal railings, gates, fences, stainless steel kitchens, kebab grill things... :D

All of the things that Spurs will need in abundance when making a huge new stadium and retail facilities

Shame really, they could have won some work from this big rebuilding job, but I'm guessing Spurs will not be keen to give them the work now.

how about we redesign the plan and simply knock down the old WHL and build the new one as near as possible on the same footprint of the old ground. It may mean that we have to play at another ground for 2 years and not 1, but at least we will definitely have a new home to move into

There's still not enough room. Unless we built the steepest stadium in the world, we'd still need to expand onto and over Paxton Road

right now there is no certainty that we will win this battle over Archway. Its all more time wasted. We need a change of plan

There is certainty. The DCLG would have to be proved grossly negligent in the process for Archway to win.

I think we should start making noises about a greenfield site in the Lee Valley again, just to ramp up the political pressure to get the appeal fast-tracked.

Wow. I find it amazing that there isn't a number that Archway have in mind that would actually make them vacate. **** em then. Hope they get wiped out by this.

Apparently they were offered a **** load of money 7 years ago when the rest of Wingate was being bought up.

Now they'll probably end up being bankrupted by the legal costs.

Very stupid.

Looks like Archway http://www.archwaysm.com/ make and install metal railings, gates, fences, stainless steel kitchens, kebab grill things... :D

All of the things that Spurs will need in abundance when making a huge new stadium and retail facilities

Shame really, they could have won some work from this big rebuilding job, but I'm guessing Spurs will not be keen to give them the work now.

I can just imagine some of the emails they are getting from their contact us page

According to the THST, the independent evaluation of Archway is less than £2m, but they are demanding £25m!

Independent Valuer: "But the site is only worth £2m at the most, I don't understand why you're demanding £25m"

CEO of Archway Sheetmetal: "Are you kidding? They shelled out £17m on David Bentley..."

Independent Valuer: "But the site is only worth £2m at the most, I don't understand why you're demanding £25m"

CEO of Archway Sheetmetal: "Are you kidding? They shelled out £17m on David Bentley..."

Ha. Shame we don't have Bentley on the books. We could have just given him to Archway and said "you ****ing sell him and keep the change"

I think an anonymous tip off to the HSE would be an awful thing to do. I'd certainly hate it if one of my employees phoned them up and told them we had a blatant and dangerous disregard for H&S in our workplace.

Spurs fans should absolutely not go to their website here and absolutely not complain about dangers for lone workers or for a dangerous roof. That would be immoral and almost certainly illegal.

I see what you did there

Ha. Shame we don't have Bentley on the books. We could have just given him to Archway and said "you ****ing sell him and keep the change"

I do wonder if the oil to make an agreement work could be to offer them Kaboul and Dembele for £20m as panel-beaters.

The timing of the possible sale is interesting. It stinks of a leak from within the club, but I can only see how it falls in Archways favour.

Let's say Sheik Moneybags comes along and says "alright here's a billion for Spurs but this stadium needs to be all ready to go" then we have to settle with Archway. So they get their £25m out of court, else Lewis could lose more than that by turning down a good offer.

Quick Q.

Does the appeal purely cover what compo they will get (so the CPO still stands) OR does it cover the whole right of purchase.

If it's purely the compo, can't we crack on around them seeing as the compensation is merely a formality in regards to the rest of the build?

As i understand it, it's the process which is being questioned not the compo

As i understand it, it's the process which is being questioned not the compo

This. Basically the CPO has already been approved to go-ahead, the appeal is purely to challenge that the correct process was followed or that there was a mistake in the process. (i.e. not to discuss the actual CPO at all). Considering how long the CPO took to go through it's very unlikely there was a mistake as they prob checked every detail to make they wouldn't look stupid if there was an appeal.

It's really just a time-wasting tactic or shot in the dark.

Quick Q.

Does the appeal purely cover what compo they will get (so the CPO still stands) OR does it cover the whole right of purchase.

If it's purely the compo, can't we crack on around them seeing as the compensation is merely a formality in regards to the rest of the build?

The appeal is that the DCLG were grossly negligent in the process of confirming Haringey's CPO. So it's the CPO that is being contested.

The amount is independently established - independent valuation of the site + mark-up (say 15%).

The amount can't be bartered - it would destroy the whole building industry if small landowners could hold big projects to ransom. Think of the 1000s of houses on the HS2 route for example.

The 70 other businesses on the site all accepted our generous offers years ago, because they knew we were offering far more than they'd ever get through a CPO process.

Out of this balls up, the only ones I feel sorry for is the workers at archway. cause if this breaks the company (which I hope it does, greedy *******s) they lose there jobs.

they must know that the end game is they move, surely they are preparing for this and have new sites on the go

Back