• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project - Archway Have Appealed

Have Archway had any cash-on-delivery pizzas delivered yet?

Stand by for a face-saving type settlement by Archway just days before the outcome of the appeal is due to be announced. By which time maximum damage will have been afflicted.

Stand by for a face-saving type settlement by Archway just days before the outcome of the appeal is due to be announced. By which time maximum damage will have been afflicted.

in that instance wouldn't we be better off waiting for the verdict?

I'm not sure we're interested in settling at this point. Let them **** themselves up.

in that instance wouldn't we be better off waiting for the verdict?

Just that in the run up there'll likely be all sorts of rumours flying about in the media throwing doubt about the outcome. Ideal time for Archway to cut their losses and take what the can get.

Also not sure but would they not have another card up their sleeve by threatening to take it to the European courts if they lose?

I'm not sure we're interested in settling at this point. Let them **** themselves up.

The statement on the official site made it quite clear that the club is, and has always been, prepared to settle.

But only on our terms (or close enough).

Which, I would imagine, is poles apart from the terms that Archway are demanding.

so, the 2018/19 season is the earliest we can move in?:( oh lord, just imagine how far we behind financially we will be from the big boys by then

I find it hard to believe that one company can frivolously and maliciously halt the progress of another one without any financial penalty at all.

I don't think it would take much for a few local Spurs fans to make it impossible for them to trade for a few days - I'm sure a few days of lost revenue would make them see a little more clearly.

I find it hard to believe that one company can frivolously and maliciously halt the progress of another one without any financial penalty at all.

I don't think it would take much for a few local Spurs fans to make it impossible for them to trade for a few days - I'm sure a few days of lost revenue would make them see a little more clearly.

Or they could be like you Scara!!! it would make them more determined and pig headed then ever befor.

so, the 2018/19 season is the earliest we can move in?:( oh lord, just imagine how far we behind financially we will be from the big boys by then
The original plan was for the new stadium to be complete for the start of the 2013-14 season, so all these various delays (what with gate receipts predicted to increase by about £45million per year when we finally move in) have cost Spurs approximately £225m in lost revenue thus far!!

Last edited:

They're only bringing the law to bear, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Of course, should any of their vehicles be double parked in the area, or anywhere, the law should be involved.

Should any of their vehicles be seen speeding or running lights, then the law should be involved.

And should any loose loads or perceived safety transgressions be observed, the (H&S) law should be involved.

Law & Order is fine by me - unfortunately I'm not in the vicinty ..... others might be.

Of course, should any of their vehicles be double parked in the area, or anywhere, the law should be involved.

Should any of their vehicles be seen speeding or running lights, then the law should be involved.

And should any loose loads or perceived safety transgressions be observed, the (H&S) law should be involved.

Law & Order is fine by me - unfortunately I'm not in the vicinty ..... others might be.

Or our penny pinching chairman could just pay what they are asking!!!

Or they could be like you Scara!!! it would make them more determined and pig headed then ever befor.

I've not had a chance to look up their accounts yet, but I'd be very surprised if a few days of lost revenue didn't hit them really, really hard.

No matter how much they know they're in the right, you can't spend cash you don't have.

I think an anonymous tip off to the HSE would be an awful thing to do. I'd certainly hate it if one of my employees phoned them up and told them we had a blatant and dangerous disregard for H&S in our workplace.

Spurs fans should absolutely not go to their website here and absolutely not complain about dangers for lone workers or for a dangerous roof. That would be immoral and almost certainly illegal.

Re: Northumberland Development Project - CPO Now Granted!!!

There are - and as has been the case for some time - a number of options on the table, and yes one of those would be a short-term ground-share. Such an option doesn't come without its own myriad of problems - all of which the club is sensitive to, so please don't be of the misunderstanding that that is the direction of travel here. At this stage, it remains nothing but an option, but there are many others too.

We have come a long way. It has taken a great deal of time, expertise and commitment. Without any shadow of a doubt, the home straight IS now very much in sight. As has been well documented, the project has faced considerable obstacles and, rather disappointingly, the club wasn't able to resolve these amicably. We are excited to break new ground on that front, and this has now enacted a timetable which has short-term deliverables.

We will be making a major announcement shortly, and I trust that it will be very well received.
Ehhh...... So much for "inside information"..... Looks like I was right in my scepticism of the credibility of this person. What other major announcements can we expect Mattilda? Or is yet another major delay in your view something that should be "very well received"?

Last edited:
Back