• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project - Archway Have Appealed

you cannot be sure of that. if this process goes all the way to the european courts you dont know what final decision they make. Archway dont want the money, they want to stay right where they are

no, the idea is to completely flatten the current WHL and then to use that area of land to build a new stadium that fits into every inch of space......surely the designers can come up with a solution, a new stadium design that gives us the bigger capacity as well as the extra corporate facilities.

Anyway the current stadium plan is old now, what 6 or 7 years old? Lets rip it up and start again.
The only way that you would be able to fit in that number of seats within the current footprint would be to have very steep and tight stands. I am not sure how much space this would leave for corporate entertaining facilities and how this would comply with health and safety requirements.

they are being privately backed, they must be....take a guess at any number of parties who want to stop Spurs from progressing

even if Spurs offered them 15-20 mill, i dont think Archway will settle. They seem to want to stay and are being helped privately
Nonsense. The process up until now will not have been particularly expensive. Any legal fees they are racking up for the High Court will be offset by the minimum couple of million we will be giving them.

The only way that you would be able to fit in that number of seats within the current footprint would be to have very steep and tight stands. I am not sure how much space this would leave for corporate entertaining facilities and how this would comply with health and safety requirements.
From the diagrams I saw, the plans we already have are almost as steep and tight as the regs allow.

If we were building again under new regs I don't think we could even match our current capacity in our existing footprint. Don't forget all the extra toilets, space on stairways, etc that have to be behind the seats too.

The Worcester Avenue facade is the only passably appealing facade of the four stands. It remains largely the same facade, after all, that was designed and built by Archibald Leitch. Only the window frames and the odd lick of paint are new (at least, late 1980's new).

The Worcester Avenue facade is built of London stock brick. Has a touch of class and gravitas about it. The Park Lane and Paxton, by contrast, have horribly cheap looking cladding that has aged badly and the West stand facade largely consists of ugly 1980's tinted glass. Naff.

Agree

Wait, people really believe that archway are being backed by an external source? Is there no end to the parties that don't want the mighty spurs to progress or the efforts they'll go to to ensure that it doesn't happen?

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk

I doubt their legal costs are that high, they refused to sell and Haringley lodged the CPO and incurred the costs in doing so. I doubt launching an appeal will cost a huge amount, being represented in court might be though but we haven't got that far yet.

Nonsense. The process up until now will not have been particularly expensive. Any legal fees they are racking up for the High Court will be offset by the minimum couple of million we will be giving them.

:lol: if it was just about "a minimum couple of million" then im sure they would have accepted that from Spurs by now

There is zero chance of a slapdash alternative. Spurs will maintain status quo until the Archway dilemma is solved.

The new stadium, as designed before, or whatever is to come, would provide so many upgraded amenities and vastly enhanced revenue streams that anything less is unthinkable. Fans will miss the cosy comfort and tight sightlines their current seats offer, but will thoroughly enjoy a better game day experience elsewhere in the stadium. It's the new norm in sports and Spurs need to attain it.

:lol: if it was just about "a minimum couple of million" then im sure they would have accepted that from Spurs by now
Read my post again.

I said that they have at least £2m coming in, so they could cover their legal fees.

The Worcester Avenue facade is the only passably appealing facade of the four stands. It remains largely the same facade, after all, that was designed and built by Archibald Leitch. Only the window frames and the odd lick of paint are new (at least, late 1980's new).

The Worcester Avenue facade is built of London stock brick. Has a touch of class and gravitas about it. The Park Lane and Paxton, by contrast, have horribly cheap looking cladding that has aged badly and the West stand facade largely consists of ugly 1980's tinted glass. Naff.

It's just a bland block of brick, looks like the outside of what I imagine the hovis factory will look like. Agree that there is nothing remarkable about the goal ends but I quite like the West. I'm pretty sure it's because it reminds me of the 80s so strongly, when I first started going to the Lane.

But the exterior is all about taste, and if the only good thing about that stand is the outside well it's an indictment

I see that the Guardian today has the Olympic Stadium down as our first choice temporary home and it sounds like preliminary discussions could have taken place.

http://gu.com/p/4xh2g

Probably makes sense. I suspect a better deal can reached for the OS than for Wembley, with the FA's need for money, need to appear fair to other clubs, and all the boxes pre-sold. And its probably better than playing in a partially open Wembley.

I still think the preferred would be to get a PL rule change allowing us to move into the new season mid-season and only playing some games at a neutral ground.

Just reposting the first post in this thread

So you can all see clearly where Archway Steel is (over the road, north of the ground) and how it will sit in the centre of the new pitch, one day

The old thread was a bit of a mess and the Training Ground is complete, so here's a brand new thread dedicated to our new stadium. Some pics are old, some are new, but they're all lovely to look at. :)

This was the old plan, looks like we can just add two years to all of them.

The site is currently occupied by a number of different uses, including the existing Tottenham Hotspurs FC football stadium, commercial and residential units, and will require extensive demolition works. The project will proceed in a number of stages, the key stages are:

· Northern Buildings Demolition – Q3-Q4 2010
· Northern Retail Developments – `Q1-Q4 2011 (includes junction improvements)
· Stadium Build First Phase – Q2 2011-Q3 2013
· North Stand Existing Stadium demolition and lay pitch – Q2-Q3 2013
· Demolition Remainder of Existing Stand – Q2-Q3 2013
· Complete Stadium Second Phase – Q3 2013 – Q3 2014
· Southern Residential Development – Q3 2014 – Q3 2016

tottenhamstadium.jpg

consentedproposedstadiu.png

1pwQX.gif

r600x600.jpg

11h4ebk.jpg

8yx9ux.jpg

ndpnorth.jpg

Photo-3.jpg

1245070_KSS_Tottenham_Hotspur_White_Hart_Lane.jpg

stadion3.jpg

2Wt8q.jpg

257g46g.jpg

21cunb6.jpg

112c380.jpg

npdmasterplanarea.gif

npdmasterplanarea2.gif

ndpl.jpg

attachment.php

A-US9UnCIAA4LW-.jpg

Tottenham_Hotspur_Stadium_04.jpg

Tottenham_Hotspur_Stadium_05.jpg

BA0zGPhCUAAR5rd.png:large

8449596784_a59a4931d6_b.jpg

10483_Sainsburys-at-Northumberland-Park.JPG

Planning Applications

Joint Statement - Tottenham Hotspur Football Club And Haringey Council

New 106 Document

A Plan For Tottenham

Swiss Ramble Blog on Tottenham's Finances

Safe Standing Campaign

News articles:

Tottenham Hotspur stadium plan drops hotel for college and more flats

Funding pledge helps Spurs commit to stay in Tottenham

Tottenham close to £400m stadium sponsorship

Spurs’ plans for a Wembley Way ‘could see homes demolished’

Spurs in bid to drop affordable housing quota

Architect behind the anonymous European Commission complaint calls for an urgent review of the Olympic legacy

Tottenham Hotspur And Sainsbury's Announce New Store As Part Of New Stadium Scheme

Wembley deal is on for Spurs

Spurs granted right to remove final business in the way of new ground

A new primary free school will be based in a Tottenham housing development to be built by Spurs as part of its new stadium plan.

Mayor Praises Tottenham Transformation

Your Club Driving Major Sport Led Regeneration In Tottenham

Planning Application For Brook House Site

Degree Courses Kick Off At Spurs

New Tottenham stadium on course for construction - Spurs chase Chinese and Qatari funding in a bid to kick-start the Northumberland Development Project

New Spurs Stadium To Kick Off Major Homes Plan For Tottenham

Home Win

Mayor Welcomes Report Urging Bold Action For Tottenham

New school places and dozens of jobs included in plans for major development in Tottenham

leave em there and build around them

*steel in midfield gag*

I see that the Guardian today has the Olympic Stadium down as our first choice temporary home and it sounds like preliminary discussions could have taken place.

http://gu.com/p/4xh2g

I wouldnt mind that for a season, could be in my seat from leaving home in 35 mins, MK would mean over 2 hours and a year of giving up my ST

You watch we will qualify for the CL the season we have to play away from the under construction WHL

I wouldnt mind that for a season, could be in my seat from leaving home in 35 mins, MK would mean over 2 hours and a year of giving up my ST

You watch we will qualify for the CL the season we have to play away from the under construction WHL

I wouldnt mind the Olympic stadium but do they and wil they still have the running track? If so, Wembley would be better in my view. I think Wembley would be great.

MK would be horrible and like you say not really a year of giving up my ST but definitely would use StubHub although id imagine not many takers.

wembley is a bit crap when its not full, and you can still be quite far from the pitch

oh and its in wembley, which makes Tottenham look like Belgravia

wembley is a bit crap when its not full, and you can still be quite far from the pitch

oh and its in wembley, which makes Tottenham look like Belgravia

I imagine we wouldnt use the top tier so would it make too much of a difference in terms of how 'full' it is? I am not a big fan of wembley but lesser of the two evils and all that.

Back