• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

If anything, I think that strengthens @MKSpur's point. People very much talk about announcements being heard "over the Tannoy". Like Hoover and Sellotape, Google is a household brand.

Now watch us become the "Android North London Stadium".
Never heard that reference. Must be UK specific.

Never heard that reference. Must be UK specific.
I guess so. Growing up, I'd never have referred to a PA system -- that seems a much more recent thing. It was all about "the tannoy", to the extent that I didn't even know it was a brand until my 20s.

It's entirely possible that I'm just a bit thick, of course!

Will be interesting to see what happens with this google link. I see more talk of franchises in London/Europe. If it was realistically going to happen and at Tottenham then that would change the game in terms of stadium sponsor levels.
Although can’t see how logistically it would work. If we were playing Europe on Thursday then we’d be playing more Sundays and it could be a right mess. The nfl fixtures come out first so then you’d have to give the premier league the dates you can’t do. Normally there are 3 international windows so you’d imagine they would be automatic London franchise home games. Then you have between 5-6 games that would need to play on the same weekend as premier league games.

Will be interesting to see what happens with this google link. I see more talk of franchises in London/Europe. If it was realistically going to happen and at Tottenham then that would change the game in terms of stadium sponsor levels.
Although can’t see how logistically it would work. If we were playing Europe on Thursday then we’d be playing more Sundays and it could be a right mess. The nfl fixtures come out first so then you’d have to give the premier league the dates you can’t do. Normally there are 3 international windows so you’d imagine they would be automatic London franchise home games. Then you have between 5-6 games that would need to play on the same weekend as premier league games.

But you could make them away games and TBF there are not that many NFL games in a regular season, it's a short shot till you hit the post season.

The main issue will be appetite for a permanent home franchise and subsequent fanbase, their was a Toronto based super league team and although not the same scale of sport they had issues with that and additional logistical expenses and issues that go with it that killed it off

Hopefully with the Google money we can finally get a player who can link play with searching passes and a good engine.

Back