• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Looks awfully tight. I don’t think the «flaps» can be elevated to be horisontal as that would conflict with the fancy LED ad thingys.

If it turns out to be a problem for corner kicks then build removable platforms that extend horizontally from the camber falloff point.

I’d be interested in seeing the financial justification for this ridiculously complex (and no doubt costly) double/removable/NFL pitch system.

I think the ad bits are supposed to raise too.

I’d be interested in seeing the financial justification for this ridiculously complex (and no doubt costly) double/removable/NFL pitch system.

I haven't seen any figures on the value of the 10 year NFL deal but obviously it will be worth a lot more if the Raiders play at NWHL for a full season too. A removable pitch makes concerts and other events more viable too. It is difficult for us to cost in the increased value of naming rights from a higher world wide profile.

_104092914_wembley_reuters1.jpg

are we there yet?

this stadium is costing us more than in should, in more ways than one.

can't wait for us to get going there and reap the benefits of the wait

I posted that, the only thing I’m unsure about is why the flaps aren’t raised for the familiarisation days. Makes it seem like the pitch was actually in match day mode and that is what we would get. In which case, it would be bad for a variety of reasons. Not possible to take corners or throw ins, linesmen will break their ankles easily and our players would also be injury risks.

And that is why I am absolutely sure that we are missing something, and that on game day those flaps get raised to pitch level. But the love of GHod, I wish people who see a slope immediately after the touch line would stop saying it would be fine and that we would make do...or even get an advantage from it.

I’m not sure that the flaps raise level. You’d then have a step down on ad hoarding side which it just doesn’t look like it would do.

That said, I think most corners are off short run ups, and there’s space for a two step run up when the ball is in the edge of the quadrant. It is tight though.

And as others have said, there is just no way that the club haven’t legislated for this or haven’t consulted with the footballing / coaching staff.

We’ll soon find out.

I’m not sure that the flaps raise level. You’d then have a step down on ad hoarding side which it just doesn’t look like it would do.

That said, I think most corners are off short run ups, and there’s space for a two step run up when the ball is in the edge of the quadrant. It is tight though.

And as others have said, there is just no way that the club haven’t legislated for this or haven’t consulted with the footballing / coaching staff.

We’ll soon find out.

I think on the videos the actual raising mechanism is underneath the ad boards, so they would show up / raise in line with any raising we do of the flaps.

Clearly we’ve built a platform for the goals so whoever is designing the stadium is understanding that there is a slope there that needs to be accounted for, I’m sure we’re doing something for the corners, because I just can’t believe what we’re seeing now is the end of it. ‘Tight’ isn’t the half of it.

Look at the 'Home' venue from the Watford game onwards on the official site (Sorry if posted before)

View attachment 5634
Wouldnt read too much into that. They had it for the Chelsea game on 24th November and also for the United game but it was just because all they have confirmed up to is the united game. If they confirm the watford game as wembley then the next home game will show as NWHL until that gets confirmed at Wembley/NHWL and so on for the next home game.

Back